mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Factoring Projects > FactorDB

Old 2015-08-09, 09:18   #1
schickel

"Frank <^>"
Dec 2004
CDP Janesville

2×1,061 Posts
Question factorDB verifier doesn't like my cert?

While trying to finish off the smallest PRPs (except for the one that isn't), I came across this one. It kept not getting moved to P status, but due to the way I was stopping/starting the work, I thought maybe I kept working around it. Now, though, I think that there's something wrong with the certificate generated. The current latest version, 4.1.1, generates the attached certificate and I've uploaded it several times to the DB but it keeps not sticking. Just to be absolutely certain, I generated it all by itself and uploaded it a couple of times. Every time now it gets "saved for processing" and then just vanishes.

Primo reported that it is certified and will verify the certificate, but the online verifier apparently has a problem with it. I'm currently generating a certificate with the Windows version which should be different, but this is the first certificate that i've seen that does not seem to work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip cert.zip (476.7 KB, 184 views)
schickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-09, 15:51   #2
WraithX

Mar 2006

13×41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by schickel View Post
While trying to finish off the smallest PRPs (except for the one that isn't), I came across this one.

Primo reported that it is certified and will verify the certificate, but the online verifier apparently has a problem with it. I'm currently generating a certificate with the Windows version which should be different, but this is the first certificate that i've seen that does not seem to work.
This is most likely to due to one small change in Primo's verifier.txt.

In the section for Type=4, it previously said (verifier.txt from July 26, 2003) we had to make sure that:
c) 1 < S
However, it now says (verifier.txt from January 4, 2015):
c) 0 < S

The first entry in your certificate file is a Type=4, and it sets S=1. So, both my Primo verifier and, it appears, DanaJ's Primo verifier (currently used by factordb), see S=1 and return "not prime". Once the Primo verifier is updated to account for this change in the verifier.txt specifications, then your certificate will be accepted without a problem. I'll send a PM to DanaJ to make sure he sees this needed update.
WraithX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-09, 17:05   #3
danaj

"Dana Jacobsen"
Feb 2011
Bangkok, TH

32×101 Posts

The update was made in late 2013 after a discussion on these forums. We've run at least one of these certs through that version of my verifier and it works, so somehow in the big reset a few months back an old version must have been restored. I just ran your cert through the 2014 version of the verifier on my computer and it works fine.

Richard Dickerson found that factordb had this issue in early June this year. We sent email about but apparently it didn't get through. I just sent a PM.

Last fiddled with by danaj on 2015-08-09 at 17:06
danaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-09, 17:21   #4
schickel

"Frank <^>"
Dec 2004
CDP Janesville

212210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaj View Post
The update was made in late 2013 after a discussion on these forums. We've run at least one of these certs through that version of my verifier and it works, so somehow in the big reset a few months back an old version must have been restored. I just ran your cert through the 2014 version of the verifier on my computer and it works fine.

Richard Dickerson found that factordb had this issue in early June this year. We sent email about but apparently it didn't get through. I just sent a PM.
Ah, that's interesting. It's good to know that it's not something serious....
schickel is offline   Reply With Quote