Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > Prime Gap Searches

Old 2020-05-14, 18:57   #199
mart_r

Dec 2008
you know...around...

5×107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Jacobs View Post
Hey! Why are you reserving an infinite range? You should be generous and only reserve a finite range.
Do you want to join the search? If you say pretty please with cherry icing on top, I may, well I might consider being so generous as to share a teeny weeny bit of the range.
(Also kinda reminds me of an episode of "Angelo Rules" where Sherwood wanted to go swimming only because he was not allowed to.)

Actually I thought it would be less work for me as well as for the mods if I continue for as long as I don't plan to stop until someone else wants to join in instead of having to reserve new ranges every then and again. Prime gaps searches don't seem to be very popular these days.
mart_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-17, 11:27   #200
robert44444uk

Jun 2003
Oxford, UK

3·54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart_r View Post
Do you want to join the search? If you say pretty please with cherry icing on top, I may, well I might consider being so generous as to share a teeny weeny bit of the range.
(Also kinda reminds me of an episode of "Angelo Rules" where Sherwood wanted to go swimming only because he was not allowed to.)

Actually I thought it would be less work for me as well as for the mods if I continue for as long as I don't plan to stop until someone else wants to join in instead of having to reserve new ranges every then and again. Prime gaps searches don't seem to be very popular these days.
It is a good job you did not reserve to infinity and beyond

To be fair (and slightly more precise), prime gap search posts on Mersenneforum do not appear to be very popular these days. I'm still looking, and I have almost 1,000 record small gaps to post, but I just don't have time to contribute to discussions at the moment.
robert44444uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-24, 14:41   #201
Bobby Jacobs

May 2018

2×7×13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart_r View Post

Then, I will reserve 9.9e15 to 1e16 please. Where is the code to run? Thank you.
Bobby Jacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-24, 15:17   #202
mart_r

Dec 2008
you know...around...

21716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Jacobs View Post
Then, I will reserve 9.9e15 to 1e16 please. Where is the code to run? Thank you.
I'm currently in the 9.4e15 area, so that's ok

I use Thomas's code from post # 145 here:
https://www.mersenneforum.org/showpo...&postcount=145
mart_r is offline   Reply With Quote