mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > Software

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2020-08-28, 16:28   #441
pepi37
 
pepi37's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
After milion nines:)

32×151 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
The reason is that -x is intended to be used on new sieves. It is also geared towards n < 2000. For larger n using gfndsieve+pfgw would be faster. Also other programs will likely be faster than gfndsieve for such small x.
All you say is OK but if I wish to use your program what will be correct command?
pepi37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-28, 19:28   #442
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

10111100000102 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepi37 View Post
All you say is OK but if I wish to use your program what will be correct command?
What n range are you sieving?
rogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-28, 19:40   #443
pepi37
 
pepi37's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
After milion nines:)

54F16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
What n range are you sieving?

-k 10000 -K 10050 -n 1600 -N 1610


just for test , but to know how to use x option
pepi37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-29, 00:05   #444
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

2×3×17×59 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepi37 View Post
-k 10000 -K 10050 -n 1600 -N 1610

just for test , but to know how to use x option
As long as you are not using -i, you can use -x. I assume that you are just testing the functionality. For that range of k and n feromant or pmts would be faster per http://www.fermatsearch.org/productivity.html
rogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-29, 20:06   #445
pepi37
 
pepi37's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
After milion nines:)

32·151 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
As long as you are not using -i, you can use -x. I assume that you are just testing the functionality. For that range of k and n feromant or pmts would be faster per http://www.fermatsearch.org/productivity.html



e:\MTSIEVE\GFDN>gfndsievecl.exe -k 170000 -K 170050 -n 29900 -N 30000 -P 2000000000 -W6 -x
gfndsieve v1.8, a program to find factors of k*2^n+1 numbers for variable k and n
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
what(): std::bad_alloc
pepi37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-30, 00:23   #446
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

2·3·17·59 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepi37 View Post
e:\MTSIEVE\GFDN>gfndsievecl.exe -k 170000 -K 170050 -n 29900 -N 30000 -P 2000000000 -W6 -x
gfndsieve v1.8, a program to find factors of k*2^n+1 numbers for variable k and n
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
what(): std::bad_alloc
It ran out of memory. Use -X to reduce the number of terms per chunk.

Since n is so large, you are much better off running without -x than using pfgw with the output file.
rogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-17, 18:08   #447
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

2×3×17×59 Posts
Default

I have posted 2.0.6 at sourceforge. Here are the improvements:
  • Fixed crash with xyyxsievecl with overly large ranges for the GPU.
  • More speed enhancements for xyyxsieve, mainly due to reduced memory requirements.
  • Do not show ETA or percent done if less than 1% done and -P not used.
  • Modify factor rate calculation to handle uneven factor distribution better.
  • Fix srsieve2 to not check for algebraic factors when abs(c) != 1.
  • Fix srsieve2 as it was counting factors of terms that had already been removed.

srsieve2 has some issues for (k*b^n+c)/d that are not fully worked out. The main ones are the removal of terms if d does not divide k*b^n+c and factors of (k*b^n+c)/d if gcd(d, p) > 1 and gcd(d, p) != p. I would appreciate if anyone could write some code to assist in those areas.
rogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-19, 05:50   #448
henryzz
Just call me Henry
 
henryzz's Avatar
 
"David"
Sep 2007
Cambridge (GMT/BST)

34×71 Posts
Default

What is the best way to convert fkbnsieve output to abc format rather than abcd?
henryzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-02, 16:39   #449
Dylan14
 
Dylan14's Avatar
 
"Dylan"
Mar 2017

232 Posts
Default

For anyone that uses Arch Linux or its derivatives, I've made mtsieve into an AUR package. All that's needed to install it is to run

Code:
pikaur -S mtsieve
and you can install the full suite.
Dylan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-08, 07:12   #450
rebirther
 
rebirther's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Germany

259910 Posts
Default

The latest srsieve2 has still worker issues where not all workers are used. This is happening around 2 of 10 bases and only 1 core is active.

Code:
srsieve2 -n2501 -N10000 -P1e9 -W16 -spl_remain.txt -fB
In this case Iam using the srsieve2 file from 16.01.2020 without a problem.
rebirther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-08, 14:01   #451
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

136028 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebirther View Post
The latest srsieve2 has still worker issues where not all workers are used. This is happening around 2 of 10 bases and only 1 core is active.

Code:
srsieve2 -n2501 -N10000 -P1e9 -W16 -spl_remain.txt -fB
In this case Iam using the srsieve2 file from 16.01.2020 without a problem.
Do you mean the the one from earlier this year works correctly and the newer one does not?
rogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


All times are UTC. The time now is 02:24.

Mon Nov 30 02:24:45 UTC 2020 up 80 days, 23:35, 3 users, load averages: 1.12, 1.27, 1.30

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.