mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > Conjectures 'R Us

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2022-11-08, 07:44   #738
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
May 2007
Kansas; USA

11,549 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweety439 View Post
Can you link this page in the 1st post in this thread?
Once in a while, you have a good idea. This has been done.
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-08, 12:53   #739
sweety439
 
sweety439's Avatar
 
"99(4^34019)99 palind"
Nov 2016
(P^81993)SZ base 36

26·3·19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
Once in a while, you have a good idea. This has been done.
Another good idea for me is add the 2nd Riesel problem to CRUS to make the Riesel and Sierp sides at CRUS equivalent, and this has also been done.

Also I have another idea: Show the status for k <= 12 in a CRUS page like the top20 page and the the condensed table.

Also, you can also consider to include k=1 in the Sierpinski conjectures in the case when it has a known prime,

e.g. for S44, the primes can be:

Code:
1 (16)
3 (9)
2 (1)
and for S56, the top 10 primes can be:

Code:
13 (6)
7 (6)
3 (5)
16 (2)
15 (2)
1 (2)
18 (1)
17 (1)
12 (1)
11 (1)

Last fiddled with by sweety439 on 2022-11-08 at 12:54
sweety439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-08, 16:05   #740
VBCurtis
 
VBCurtis's Avatar
 
"Curtis"
Feb 2005
Riverside, CA

7·13·61 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
Once in a while, you have a good idea. This has been done.
Gary-
See what happens when you encourage him?
VBCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-08, 21:16   #741
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
May 2007
Kansas; USA

11,549 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBCurtis View Post
Gary-
See what happens when you encourage him?
Oh, I'm aware.
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-08, 21:18   #742
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
May 2007
Kansas; USA

1154910 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweety439 View Post
<snip>
Also I have another idea: Show the status for k <= 12 in a CRUS page like the top20 page and the the condensed table.

Also, you can also consider to include k=1 in the Sierpinski conjectures in the case when it has a known prime,
<snip>
No and no.

Don't press your luck.
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-24, 03:02   #743
wombatman
I moo ablest echo power!
 
wombatman's Avatar
 
May 2013

1,847 Posts
Default

Quick update for S63 sieving (n=25k-50k, all remaining k values). Sieve has hit P=1e12 with found factor rate of ~3 sec/factor. Needs to get to ~30 secs/factor, so continuing on toward P=1e13, stopping whenever the time per factor is sufficiently high.

Also quick update for starting R726 as a new base. Using the new base script, I'm currently at k=2655790.
wombatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-24, 04:57   #744
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

25×3×71 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatman View Post
Quick update for S63 sieving (n=25k-50k, all remaining k values). Sieve has hit P=1e12 with found factor rate of ~3 sec/factor. Needs to get to ~30 secs/factor, so continuing on toward P=1e13, stopping whenever the time per factor is sufficiently high.
Switch to the latest srsieve2cl for a 10% speed boost.

Last fiddled with by rogue on 2022-11-24 at 04:57
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-25, 02:09   #745
wombatman
I moo ablest echo power!
 
wombatman's Avatar
 
May 2013

1,847 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
Switch to the latest srsieve2cl for a 10% speed boost.
I did, and I'm seeing about that much
wombatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-26, 02:45   #746
VBCurtis
 
VBCurtis's Avatar
 
"Curtis"
Feb 2005
Riverside, CA

7×13×61 Posts
Default

As I return to testing R36, I note that my sieve file is CPU-sieved, to a depth of roughly 2e14. With ~30 k's, is this a candidate to have sieved by yoyo? My sieve file is 425k-2M base 36 (shows as 850k-4M base 6).
VBCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-26, 11:11   #747
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
May 2007
Kansas; USA

11,549 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBCurtis View Post
As I return to testing R36, I note that my sieve file is CPU-sieved, to a depth of roughly 2e14. With ~30 k's, is this a candidate to have sieved by yoyo? My sieve file is 425k-2M base 36 (shows as 850k-4M base 6).
With nearly 1M tests, the file would be too big for Yoyo.

The file that is posted on the reservations page is sieved to 1e14. I assume you must have sieved it further.
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-26, 14:32   #748
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

25·3·71 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
With nearly 1M tests, the file would be too big for Yoyo.

The file that is posted on the reservations page is sieved to 1e14. I assume you must have sieved it further.
I can probably sieve this deeper after I complete sieving the current conjectures I am working on.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sieving Drive all base 2/4 k's worked by CRUS gd_barnes Conjectures 'R Us 143 2014-10-21 23:55
Some CRUS stats vmod Conjectures 'R Us 213 2014-02-28 21:23
What are your CRUS plans? rogue Conjectures 'R Us 35 2013-11-09 09:03
CRUS-like sieving challenge CRGreathouse Puzzles 24 2011-10-28 18:30
how high will CRUS go Mini-Geek Conjectures 'R Us 1 2010-11-08 20:50

All times are UTC. The time now is 20:38.


Wed Nov 30 20:38:02 UTC 2022 up 104 days, 18:06, 0 users, load averages: 1.89, 1.42, 1.18

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.

≠ ± ∓ ÷ × · − √ ‰ ⊗ ⊕ ⊖ ⊘ ⊙ ≤ ≥ ≦ ≧ ≨ ≩ ≺ ≻ ≼ ≽ ⊏ ⊐ ⊑ ⊒ ² ³ °
∠ ∟ ° ≅ ~ ‖ ⟂ ⫛
≡ ≜ ≈ ∝ ∞ ≪ ≫ ⌊⌋ ⌈⌉ ∘ ∏ ∐ ∑ ∧ ∨ ∩ ∪ ⨀ ⊕ ⊗ 𝖕 𝖖 𝖗 ⊲ ⊳
∅ ∖ ∁ ↦ ↣ ∩ ∪ ⊆ ⊂ ⊄ ⊊ ⊇ ⊃ ⊅ ⊋ ⊖ ∈ ∉ ∋ ∌ ℕ ℤ ℚ ℝ ℂ ℵ ℶ ℷ ℸ 𝓟
¬ ∨ ∧ ⊕ → ← ⇒ ⇐ ⇔ ∀ ∃ ∄ ∴ ∵ ⊤ ⊥ ⊢ ⊨ ⫤ ⊣ … ⋯ ⋮ ⋰ ⋱
∫ ∬ ∭ ∮ ∯ ∰ ∇ ∆ δ ∂ ℱ ℒ ℓ
𝛢𝛼 𝛣𝛽 𝛤𝛾 𝛥𝛿 𝛦𝜀𝜖 𝛧𝜁 𝛨𝜂 𝛩𝜃𝜗 𝛪𝜄 𝛫𝜅 𝛬𝜆 𝛭𝜇 𝛮𝜈 𝛯𝜉 𝛰𝜊 𝛱𝜋 𝛲𝜌 𝛴𝜎𝜍 𝛵𝜏 𝛶𝜐 𝛷𝜙𝜑 𝛸𝜒 𝛹𝜓 𝛺𝜔