mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > New To GIMPS? Start Here! > Information & Answers

Old 2020-08-02, 17:43   #1
LOBES

Mar 2019
USA

2·32 Posts
Default WorkPreference Help

Hello, I am trying to find the WorkPreference setting to put into my prime.txt so that I only get "PRP cofactor test double-check", or PRP-CF-D.

I thought it was 151, but ended up getting "PRP double-check" which would take way too long.

You know what would be a wonderful addition to one of the Help pages? If the following page:

https://www.mersenne.org/worktypes/

Had one extra column on it that would tell you the WorkPreference number corresponding to that type of work.

Thanks in advance!
LOBES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-02, 19:21   #2
kriesel

"TF79LL86GIMPS96gpu17"
Mar 2017
US midwest

4,457 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOBES View Post
Hello, I am trying to find the WorkPreference setting to put into my prime.txt so that I only get "PRP cofactor test double-check", or PRP-CF-D.
Thanks in advance!
https://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=23992 has a quoted section from a prime95 source code file, with all except CERT worktype that was very recently introduced. As I recall that's 200.
kriesel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-02, 20:22   #3
LOBES

Mar 2019
USA

2·32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriesel View Post
https://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=23992 has a quoted section from a prime95 source code file, with all except CERT worktype that was very recently introduced. As I recall that's 200.
Thank you ... looks like I'm wanting 161.

I still think that would be a great addition to the Work Types info page.

EDIT: for reference:

Code:
/* Valid work_preference values */
#define PRIMENET_WP_WHATEVER        0    /* Whatever makes most sense */
#define PRIMENET_WP_FACTOR_LMH        1    /* Factor big numbers to low limits */
#define PRIMENET_WP_FACTOR        2    /* Trial factoring */
#define PRIMENET_WP_PMINUS1        3    /* P-1 of small Mersennes --- not supported */
#define PRIMENET_WP_PFACTOR        4    /* P-1 of large Mersennes */
#define PRIMENET_WP_ECM_SMALL        5    /* ECM of small Mersennes looking for first factors */
#define PRIMENET_WP_ECM_FERMAT        6    /* ECM of Fermat numbers */
#define PRIMENET_WP_ECM_CUNNINGHAM    7    /* ECM of Cunningham numbers --- not supported */
#define PRIMENET_WP_ECM_COFACTOR    8    /* ECM of Mersenne cofactors */
#define PRIMENET_WP_LL_FIRST        100    /* LL first time tests */
#define PRIMENET_WP_LL_DBLCHK        101    /* LL double checks */
#define PRIMENET_WP_LL_WORLD_RECORD    102    /* LL test of world record Mersenne */
#define PRIMENET_WP_LL_100M        104    /* LL 100 million digit */
#define PRIMENET_WP_PRP_FIRST        150    /* PRP test of big Mersennes */
#define PRIMENET_WP_PRP_DBLCHK        151    /* PRP double checks */
#define PRIMENET_WP_PRP_WORLD_RECORD    152    /* PRP test of world record Mersennes */
#define PRIMENET_WP_PRP_100M        153    /* PRP test of 100M digit Mersennes */
#define PRIMENET_WP_PRP_COFACTOR    160    /* PRP test of Mersenne cofactors */
#define PRIMENET_WP_PRP_COFACTOR_DBLCHK    161    /* PRP double check of Mersenne cofactors */

/* Obsolete work preferences */
#define PRIMENET_WP_LL_10M        103    /* LL 10 million digit --- no longer supported */
#define PRIMENET_WP_LL_FIRST_NOFAC    105    /* LL first time tests, no trial factoring or P-1 factoring -- superfluous */

Last fiddled with by LOBES on 2020-08-02 at 20:50
LOBES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-02, 22:38   #4
kriesel

"TF79LL86GIMPS96gpu17"
Mar 2017
US midwest

116916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOBES View Post
Thank you ... looks like I'm wanting 161.

I still think that would be a great addition to the Work Types info page.
You're welcome, and agreed. The Primenet API documentation could use an update too.
The problem is, there's only one George Woltman in GIMPS.
PRP proof and certificate verification was correctly given priority over almost everything else.
kriesel is online now   Reply With Quote