Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Extra Stuff > Blogorrhea > LaurV

Old 2020-01-24, 05:54   #1
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

Jun 2011
Thailand

2·3·31·47 Posts
Default new avatar

Haha, today I had the surprise of somebody (jokingly) accusing me of "patriotism" due to my new avatar. If you don't know, "the" tricolour has the yellow in the middle. I can't believe that in 2020 somebody doesn't know what a hazard diamond is... We chose that because it reflects our personality, and you should know what to expect when you engage us in disputes...
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-24, 10:05   #2
henryzz
Just call me Henry

"David"
Sep 2007
Cambridge (GMT/BST)

2·2,861 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurV View Post
Haha, today I had the surprise of somebody (jokingly) accusing me of "patriotism" due to my new avatar. If you don't know, "the" tricolour has the yellow in the middle. I can't believe that in 2020 somebody doesn't know what a hazard diamond is... We chose that because it reflects our personality, and you should know what to expect when you engage us in disputes...
Looks like a US thing to me. Not sure I have seen it in the UK.
henryzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-24, 11:57   #3
pinhodecarlos

"Carlos Pinho"
Oct 2011
Milton Keynes, UK

3·1,571 Posts

It came into my radar when I was doing my master degree on dust cloud ignitions.
pinhodecarlos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-24, 13:19   #4
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

23·3·5·29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurV View Post
Welcome back from Australia! You certainly had a warm welcome there.

Somebody accused you of patriotism? To Romania? Bwaaaaaaaahahahahaha! After some of the comments you've posted to this Forum on its "Great Leaders," your picture is probably featured on "Wanted Dead or Alive" posters there...

I had a general notion of the "hazard diamond," but hadn't bothered looking up the details. That is now remedied:

1-Can cause irritation if not treated.

2-Ignites if moderately heated.

4-Readily detonates or explodes.

(You can swipe over the yellow to make it more readable.) The bottom diamond (square) is normally white, and indicates a "special hazard." These are indicted as follows:

W denotes the material is water reactive
OX denotes an oxidizing agent
COR denotes a corrosive hazard
ALK denotes an Alkali hazard
ACID denotes an Acid hazard

Last fiddled with by Dr Sardonicus on 2020-01-24 at 13:21 Reason: Formatting
Dr Sardonicus is offline   Reply With Quote