mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > Conjectures 'R Us

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-01-13, 22:05   #243
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

25·197 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBitcoin View Post
Did that and still get the Error that he couldnt process the line.



Code:
base=71
mink=1132000000
maxk=1132052528
c=-1
npgfile=1,1_.log
npgfile=2,2_.log
npgfile=3,3_.log
npgfile=4,4_.log
phase=srsieve,144,30000,300000
phase=srsieve,192,32981,42000
phase=srsieve,240,32976,225000
Thats the ini i am using, just for testing reasons.
(and yes i am using the srbsieve you posted)
The phase should be "srsieve2" if you are using srsieve2 and the exe should also be named srsieve2.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-13, 22:10   #244
MisterBitcoin
 
MisterBitcoin's Avatar
 
"Nuri, the dragon :P"
Jul 2016
Good old Germany

2·13·31 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
The phase should be "srsieve2" if you are using srsieve2 and the exe should also be named srsieve2.

Still the same.



Code:
C:\Users\Sydekum\Documents\other stuff\srbsieve_full>srbsieve.exe
Error: Could not process line phase=srsieve2,144,30000,300000
MisterBitcoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-14, 13:30   #245
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

142408 Posts
Default

Try this. I modified the logic for how it parses the phase= lines.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z srbsieve_1.0.5.7z (159.7 KB, 45 views)
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-15, 00:43   #246
MisterBitcoin
 
MisterBitcoin's Avatar
 
"Nuri, the dragon :P"
Jul 2016
Good old Germany

2·13·31 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
Try this. I modified the logic for how it parses the phase= lines.

I will give this a try after the first batch is done, this should be in 2 days.
MisterBitcoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-16, 15:40   #247
MisterBitcoin
 
MisterBitcoin's Avatar
 
"Nuri, the dragon :P"
Jul 2016
Good old Germany

11001001102 Posts
Default

That works now, but i think its not that much faster as i have hoped.

Code:
01/13/21 19:12:33 srsieve started: 1 <= n <= 144, 3 <= p <= 581000
01/13/21 19:14:26 srsieve stopped: at p=581000 because --pmax was reached.
srsieve1

Code:
2021-01-16 16:33:56: Sieve started: 3 < p < 581e3 with 2735928 terms (1 < n < 144, k*7^n+c) (expecting 2509466 factors)
 2021-01-16 16:35:58: Sieve completed at p=581047.  Primes tested 47612.  Found 2368688 factors.  367240 terms remaining
MisterBitcoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-16, 18:08   #248
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

25×197 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBitcoin View Post
That works now, but i think its not that much faster as i have hoped.

Code:
01/13/21 19:12:33 srsieve started: 1 <= n <= 144, 3 <= p <= 581000
01/13/21 19:14:26 srsieve stopped: at p=581000 because --pmax was reached.
srsieve1

Code:
2021-01-16 16:33:56: Sieve started: 3 < p < 581e3 with 2735928 terms (1 < n < 144, k*7^n+c) (expecting 2509466 factors)
 2021-01-16 16:35:58: Sieve completed at p=581047.  Primes tested 47612.  Found 2368688 factors.  367240 terms remaining
What is the range of k that you were testing?

You will notice a difference if you can use srsieve2cl when maxp > 1e6 (as the GPU logic comes into play at p > 1e6). If you can sieve more deeply with srsieve2cl then the PRP testing steps should be much faster and the PRP steps are where the most time is spent.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-16, 19:04   #249
MisterBitcoin
 
MisterBitcoin's Avatar
 
"Nuri, the dragon :P"
Jul 2016
Good old Germany

2·13·31 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
What is the range of k that you were testing?

You will notice a difference if you can use srsieve2cl when maxp > 1e6 (as the GPU logic comes into play at p > 1e6). If you can sieve more deeply with srsieve2cl then the PRP testing steps should be much faster and the PRP steps are where the most time is spent.

With srsieve2 I am now running at k=600M-700M with only 19K´s at once. Both sieve and prp steps take around 2 minutes to 3 minutes.


The server this is running doesnt have any GPU, so this wouldnt come too play. However i am considering to order an GPU server to replace my linux server.

Price would be similiar.

But there isnt any GPU based llr-test software by change? (for this base on top ofc)
MisterBitcoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-19, 08:44   #250
MisterBitcoin
 
MisterBitcoin's Avatar
 
"Nuri, the dragon :P"
Jul 2016
Good old Germany

2×13×31 Posts
Default

It seems like srsieve2 is writing the sieve file sorted by k instead of n. Not that this is a problem, but i just wanted to let you know.
MisterBitcoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-19, 09:05   #251
rebirther
 
rebirther's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Germany

25×3×29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBitcoin View Post
It seems like srsieve2 is writing the sieve file sorted by k instead of n. Not that this is a problem, but i just wanted to let you know.
yes, you can use srfile to convert to another file which is sorted. Iam doing that.
rebirther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-19, 13:38   #252
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

25×197 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBitcoin View Post
That works now, but i think its not that much faster as i have hoped.

Code:
01/13/21 19:12:33 srsieve started: 1 <= n <= 144, 3 <= p <= 581000
01/13/21 19:14:26 srsieve stopped: at p=581000 because --pmax was reached.
srsieve1

Code:
2021-01-16 16:33:56: Sieve started: 3 < p < 581e3 with 2735928 terms (1 < n < 144, k*7^n+c) (expecting 2509466 factors)
 2021-01-16 16:35:58: Sieve completed at p=581047.  Primes tested 47612.  Found 2368688 factors.  367240 terms remaining
srsieve2 will be slower than srsieve for small n (n < 64) because of a primality check it does. If the factor = k*b^n+c, then it will output a message saying that k*b^n+c is prime. I will lower the bounds of this check because it cannot reliably check for primality if k*b^n+c > 2^63.

srsieve2 will be slower than srsieve for smal p because srsieve2 validates factors by default. srsieve will only verify if the -c command line switch is used. This has a noticeable impact when p is small due to the number of terms removed by small p.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-19, 13:39   #253
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

18A016 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebirther View Post
yes, you can use srfile to convert to another file which is sorted. Iam doing that.
Use -f with srsieve2 to change the format of the output file.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Useless SSE instructions __HRB__ Programming 41 2012-07-07 17:43
Questions about software licenses... WraithX GMP-ECM 37 2011-10-28 01:04
Software/instructions/questions gd_barnes No Prime Left Behind 48 2009-07-31 01:44
Instructions to manual LLR? OmbooHankvald PSearch 3 2005-08-05 20:28
Instructions please? jasong Sierpinski/Riesel Base 5 10 2005-03-14 04:03

All times are UTC. The time now is 02:45.

Sun May 9 02:45:15 UTC 2021 up 30 days, 21:26, 0 users, load averages: 1.51, 1.57, 1.55

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.