mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > New To GIMPS? Start Here! > Information & Answers

Old 2013-09-13, 13:22   #1
fairsky

Sep 2013

41 Posts
Default blank page when getting assignments

I think this issue should come to the technical support/group.

When I submit requested exponent to get assignments, the loading page will be eventually blank without nothing.

But I can found assignments in my account page.

Then I just see the exponent, but never I could find the detailed information for each exponent which have just assigned to my account.
So, I had to delete them (Am I naive because I just dont know where to get them in detail?)
-----as for this point, I can just find "manage your work assignment preferences" and "review your completed work assignments, stats and facts" from the "gettingstarted" page.

Then, I am thinking could it be possible to keep those generated information being listed in our account page? [surely I know there are kind of listing in our account page, but it does really nothing help if I got blank-return-page while getting assignments.]

Could someone write a page for sth like "manage your assignments (including )"?
Such as listing all assignments in a table, in terms of:

|job-type |unique-job-id |exponent1 |depth |times

I think this kind of page will be useful especially someone also would have the same issue as I mentioned here.

Any possible?
fairsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 14:36   #2
kladner

"Kieren"
Jul 2011
In My Own Galaxy!

22×2,539 Posts

Quote:
When I submit requested exponent to get assignments, the loading page will be eventually blank without nothing.

But I can found assignments in my account page.
Are you referring to the manual assignments page?

Last fiddled with by kladner on 2013-09-13 at 14:42
kladner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 14:47   #3
fairsky

Sep 2013

518 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kladner View Post
Are you referring to the Manual Assignment pages? If so, after selecting an assignment type, (World Record in this case), and specifying a number of assignments, you should see something like this:
Code:
PrimeNet Get Manual Assignment(s)

Test=0252338A201474794AEF4D6DADCxxxxx,62466xxx,74,1

Distribute the lines above to your computer's worktodo.txt files. A typical version 25 prime95 worktodo.txt file on a dual core computer looks like this:

[Worker #1]
Test=A5996856A4F73D28634EFA6CB510066F,exponent,68,1
[Worker #2]
DoubleCheck=B94D34BF558295F697581568AD2E14AF,exponent,66,1
The bolded line is the assignment.

Similarly, to view current assignments, look at "My Account > Assignments" where you should see something like this:
Code:
CPU Name       Core       Exponent       Work TypeStage, %       Assigned       age
days       Updated       Next Update       Estimated
Completion       days
to go            Manual testing162466xxx LL  0.00%2013-09-13 14:2702013-09-13 14:272014-03-02 14:27
If these are erroneous assumptions about your question, please explain what it is you are seeking.

Right,the issue came from manual assignment.

Also, I noticed all that you were saying.
However, my concern is where can I find the serial number (I assumed "unique-job-id") following "Test=XXXXXXXXX" matters?

In particular, when the assignment loading page returns blank, which means I cannot have any clue on the unique-job-id number.
Then how can I paste this job to worktodo.txt if I have not no job-id?

Does anyone noticed this?
If this happened ever, and there is currently no any page on directing us to find this id number, could you anybody/technician make a page solving this?

Or, plant a page listing all jobs for our users ?
Old 2013-09-13, 15:02   #4
kladner

"Kieren"
Jul 2011
In My Own Galaxy!

22×2,539 Posts

Quote:
In particular, when the assignment loading page returns blank, which means I cannot have any clue on the unique-job-id number.
I am puzzled by the blank page reference. Is this happening on the Get Assignment page, or on your Account>Assignments page? I just went through the procedure 2-3 times and did not observe this behavior. Which is the "assignment loading page?"

The assignment code does matter, as this is your identification of ownership to the server. It should not be posted in full on the forum, hence the xxxx in place of part of it. While it is possible to recover this ID string, it is a tedious process. These IDs are deliberately guarded to protect the security of assignments.

Sorry for changing my post. I rethought how to respond, but I've copied your quote of the original, so we can continue the discussion. I'm not meaning to be obtuse. I'm just not sure what is happening to you, and where.

Last fiddled with by kladner on 2013-09-13 at 15:04
Old 2013-09-13, 15:29   #5
fairsky

Sep 2013

41 Posts

Quote:
I am puzzled by the blank page reference. Is this happening on the Get Assignment page, or on your Account>Assignments page? I just went through the procedure 2-3 times and did not observe this behavior. Which is the "assignment loading page?"

The assignment code does matter, as this is your identification of ownership to the server. It should not be posted in full on the forum, hence the xxxx in place of part of it. While it is possible to recover this ID string, it is a tedious process. These IDs are deliberately guarded to protect the security of assignments.

Sorry for changing my post. I rethought how to respond, but I've copied your quote of the original, so we can continue the discussion. I'm not meaning to be obtuse. I'm just not sure what is happening to you, and where.

Oh thank you.
Alright, what I meant by saying "assignment loading page" points to the page after clicking "get assignment" on "http://www.mersenne.org/manual_assignment/".

This click action will refer to server and then server will return this:
"http://www.mersenne.org/manual_assignment/?cores=1&num_to_get=1&pref=102&exp_lo=&exp_hi=&B1=Get+Assignments" (lets refer it as [*])

Then, well, the issue will present.
I meant the blank page will
sometimes the page [*] was busy in loading which I can tell from the address bar;
sometimes the page was fully loaded (i assumed because the loading status in address bar was full and stopped), I had nothing on this page --- it is blank, no way to view-source.

I assume as well that the job was generated from php function/page, so when I tried to view the page source I was being assigned another job (this is the case which I can tell from the number of assignments on my account).

I hope I stated them in a clear way than my previous posts.
Thank you guys.
Old 2013-09-13, 15:46   #6
kladner

"Kieren"
Jul 2011
In My Own Galaxy!

22×2,539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairsky View Post
Oh thank you.
Alright, what I meant by saying "assignment loading page" points to the page after clicking "get assignment" on "http://www.mersenne.org/manual_assignment/".

This click action will refer to server and then server will return this:
"http://www.mersenne.org/manual_assignment/?cores=1&num_to_get=1&pref=102&exp_lo=&exp_hi=&B1=Get+Assignments" (lets refer it as [*])

Then, well, the issue will present.
I meant the blank page will
sometimes the page [*] was busy in loading which I can tell from the address bar;
sometimes the page was fully loaded (i assumed because the loading status in address bar was full and stopped), I had nothing on this page --- it is blank, no way to view-source.

I assume as well that the job was generated from php function/page, so when I tried to view the page source I was being assigned another job (this is the case which I can tell from the number of assignments on my account).

I hope I stated them in a clear way than my previous posts.
Thank you guys.
OK. This IS strange. On [*] page you don't see
Code:

Test=ECE0787A307BA3B374774541B9Exxxxx,64013xxx,74,1 
Distribute the lines above to your computer's worktodo.txt files.  A typical version 25 prime95 worktodo.txt file on a dual core computer looks like this: [etc.etc.]
I am not sure why this is happening, but there are certainly more knowledgeable people here who might be able to explain. I've gone through the procedure several times now without encountering a blank.

I actually have not used this method for some time, though. I go through the subset of the project called GPU72: http://www.gpu72.com/
Chalsall has developed this system over time. It has many useful features for getting and tracking assignments, as well as numerous ways to organize and view results in tables or graphs.

I'm sorry that I cannot be of more assistance. I hope you get better answers soon.

Last fiddled with by kladner on 2013-09-13 at 15:47
Old 2013-09-13, 15:58   #7
fairsky

Sep 2013

518 Posts

Quote:
OK. This IS strange. On [*] page you don't see
Code:

Test=ECE0787A307BA3B374774541B9Exxxxx,64013xxx,74,1 
Distribute the lines above to your computer's worktodo.txt files.  A typical version 25 prime95 worktodo.txt file on a dual core computer looks like this: [etc.etc.]
I am not sure why this is happening, but there are certainly more knowledgeable people here who might be able to explain. I've gone through the procedure several times now without encountering a blank.

I actually have not used this method for some time, though. I go through the subset of the project called GPU72: http://www.gpu72.com/
Chalsall has developed this system over time. It has many useful features for getting and tracking assignments, as well as numerous ways to organize and view results in tables or graphs.

I'm sorry that I cannot be of more assistance. I hope you get better answers soon.

Yeah, for my first TWO assignments (each are job with specifying single cpu for single exponent) I did see this job info.

But if I choose multiple cpu with multipe assignments , I will have this problem after clicking "get assignment".
That page will just keep in loading or say nothing at last...

I have not try gpu72 yet, but I may come to see it.