mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > Data > Teams

Old 2013-03-08, 05:48   #1
Xav

Mar 2013

2 Posts
Default New Prime95 user wants team

Just started using Prime95.

Created my user account without any problem.

Thought it would be cool to create a team with a few friends, but can't get it to work. Instructions in the Getting Started section are non-existent. Only a couple links which are useless. Create a team link sends you to page to logon to team account but no way to create one. Join a team link just sends you to a page that lists teams but no way to join them.

How does one go about creating one? And how does one go about actually joining one?

Thanks
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 11:47   #2
ET_
Banned

"Luigi"
Aug 2002
Team Italia

2·2,417 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Just started using Prime95.

Created my user account without any problem.

Thought it would be cool to create a team with a few friends, but can't get it to work. Instructions in the Getting Started section are non-existent. Only a couple links which are useless. Create a team link sends you to page to logon to team account but no way to create one. Join a team link just sends you to a page that lists teams but no way to join them.

How does one go about creating one? And how does one go about actually joining one?

Thanks
To create a team: http://www.mersenne.org/tcreate/
To join a team: http://www.mersenne.org/jteam/

Hint: How about joining Team_Italia?
ET_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 14:38   #3
petrw1
1976 Toyota Corona years forever!

"Wayne"
Nov 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada

12E616 Posts
Thumbs up

"More Power!!!" Welcomes new members.
petrw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 15:14   #4
chappy

"Jeff"
Feb 2012
St. Louis, Missouri, USA

13·89 Posts

Legion of Evil does not welcome new members. You can, however, join. But don't expect accolades unless your plan to take over the world succeeds. In that case we were your friends and biggest supporters the whole time.
chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 17:10   #5
kracker

"Mr. Meeseeks"
Jan 2012
California, USA

32·241 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
Legion of Evil does not welcome new members. You can, however, join. But don't expect accolades unless your plan to take over the world succeeds. In that case we were your friends and biggest supporters the whole time.
kracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 17:27   #6
Xav

Mar 2013

102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET_ View Post
To create a team: http://www.mersenne.org/tcreate/
To join a team: http://www.mersenne.org/jteam/

Hint: How about joining Team_Italia?
Thanks for the link to actually creating a team.

But the link for joining is the same one in Getting Started (and in the account page). It just goes to a page that gives a list of a whole bunch of teams. It doesn't give any way to actually join one.

Still clueless on how to join one.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 18:50   #7
Batalov

"Serge"
Mar 2008
Phi(4,2^7658614+1)/2

258F16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
Quote:
SECOND YORKSHIREMAN: Luxury! We used to have to get out of the lake at six o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of 'ot gravel, work twenty hour day at mill for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would thrash us to sleep with a broken bottle, if we were lucky!
Batalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 20:10   #8
chappy

"Jeff"
Feb 2012
St. Louis, Missouri, USA

22058 Posts

re: Second Yorkshireman

Also played by a Chappy.
chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 22:52   #9
kladner

"Kieren"
Jul 2011
In My Own Galaxy!

27AE16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Thanks for the link to actually creating a team.

But the link for joining is the same one in Getting Started (and in the account page). It just goes to a page that gives a list of a whole bunch of teams. It doesn't give any way to actually join one.

Still clueless on how to join one.
This is what I see at that link:

(You do have to be logged in.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Create team.PNG
Views:	398
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	9473  
kladner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 04:28   #10
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

"name field"
Jun 2011
Thailand

24·613 Posts

[offtopic]Hm.. This is the first time when I see that your name is kladner, I think my brain made a habit to read carefully the things written in the boxes in the forms . If someone would ask me before this, I would swear your name was klander (klan-der), I don't know why, maybe because "nd" group is more common then "dn" group in my language, I have read you as "klander" in the past, and like that it stayed in my mind)...

edit: and now I know your password too... I just have to figure out how do I make the black-filled-oh from the keyboard, it always come like empty...

[/offtopic]

Last fiddled with by LaurV on 2013-03-09 at 04:30
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 06:58   #11
Dubslow
Basketry That Evening!

"Bunslow the Bold"
Jun 2011
40<A<43 -89<O<-88

3·29·83 Posts

kladner, the picture you post is how to create a team, which OP succeeded in doing, but not how to join an existing team.
Dubslow is offline   Reply With Quote