mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Extra Stuff > Blogorrhea > EdH

Old 2020-07-03, 19:26   #12
Mr. Odd

Mar 2010

3×19 Posts

Nope, still bombs at #include <gmpxx.h> in aliqueit.cc.
Mr. Odd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-03, 22:00   #13
EdH

"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

3,719 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Odd View Post
Nope, still bombs at #include <gmpxx.h> in aliqueit.cc.
Well, let's look at a system here that works with GMP-6.1.2. I have this structure:

<$HOME>/Math/gmp/ - - - this is the folder in which I compiled GMP
<$HOME/>Math/Aliqueit/src/aliqueit/ - - - this is created by unzipping in the Aliqueit folder (Note the A/a for folders.)

The $HOME/Math/Aliqueit/src/aliqueit/ folder has:
Code:
aliqueit.cc
aliqueit.h
aliqueit.rc
aliqueit.vcproj
cfg.cc
cfg.h
Makefile
misc.cc
misc.h
resource.h
My Makefile consists of the following:
Code:
#
# aliqueit Makefile for linux
#

# you'll need to change this if your gmp headers aren't installed globally:
GMP_DIR = ../../../gmp

CC = g++
CFLAGS = -O3 -I$(GMP_DIR)

# you'll need to change this if your gmp headers aren't installed globally:
LIBS = -L../../../gmp -lgmp

OBJ = aliqueit.o cfg.o misc.o

aliqueit: $(OBJ)
    $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(OBJ) $(LIBS) -o aliqueit

%.o: %.cc
    $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c -o $@ $<
Aliqueit compiles fine with this Makefile. I can do just about anything, except remove the -lgmp (which is, of course, needed) in the "LIBS =" line.

However, ANY change to the "GMP_DIR =" line causes the following:
Code:
g++ -O3 -I../../gmp -c -o aliqueit.o aliqueit.cc
In file included from aliqueit.cc:21:0:
aliqueit.h:11:19: fatal error: gmpxx.h: No such file or directory
 #include <gmpxx.h>
                   ^
compilation terminated.
Makefile:21: recipe for target 'aliqueit.o' failed
make: *** [aliqueit.o] Error 1
What do you show if you issue the command:
Code:
locate gmpxx.h
I show:
Code:
. . .
<$HOME>/Math/gmp/gmpxx.h
Maybe you could take the folder portion of the response and plug it in as the "GMP_DIR =" value:
Code:
GMP_DIR = <$HOME>/Math/gmp
I tried that here and it compiled.
EdH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-12, 01:19   #14
Mr. Odd

Mar 2010

3×19 Posts

What are the steps and command line syntax to use Aliqueit on a FactorDB sequence (as opposed to starting one fresh)?
Old 2021-04-12, 02:27   #15
EdH

"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

1110100001112 Posts

Quote:
What are the steps and command line syntax to use Aliqueit on a FactorDB sequence (as opposed to starting one fresh)?
Let's say you want to run 4788 with Aliqueit:

First, d/l the 4788.elf file from the factordb page for 4788. It's one of the options between the top section and the set of lines. The file will be named 4788.elf when it is downloaded.

Next, rename 4788.elf by adding the prefix alq_ to the 4788.elf to get alq_4788.elf.*

Then, you should be good to go with ./aliqueit 4788 or ./alqueit <options> 4788. (Or on Windows Aliqueit.exe . . .)

* The default for .elf files is to expect "alq_" as a prefix, but it can be changed in the .ini file.
Old 2021-04-12, 08:04   #16
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

Jun 2011
Thailand

11×859 Posts

Kind of simplistic. Aliqueit has a very rudimentary factoring and some advanced sigma calculations and checking, but relies heavily on external tools to factor the sequences. The so called "tutorial" should include how to set it to work with yafu (the easiest way) or other tools. To work with yafu, you have to have a working copy of yafu (and afferent tools needed for yafu, like ggnfs and ecm packages), point aliqueit to it in the aliqueit.ini file (don't confuse that with yafu.ini, usually I keep all of them in the same forder), and then launch aliqueit with "-y" switch in command line.

(methink that's what it was requested, but i/m in kinda hurry now, sorry, somebody may need to detail this process...)

Last fiddled with by LaurV on 2021-04-12 at 08:06
LaurV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-12, 13:12   #17
EdH

"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

3,719 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurV View Post
Kind of simplistic. Aliqueit has a very rudimentary factoring and some advanced sigma calculations and checking, but relies heavily on external tools to factor the sequences. The so called "tutorial" should include how to set it to work with yafu (the easiest way) or other tools. To work with yafu, you have to have a working copy of yafu (and afferent tools needed for yafu, like ggnfs and ecm packages), point aliqueit to it in the aliqueit.ini file (don't confuse that with yafu.ini, usually I keep all of them in the same forder), and then launch aliqueit with "-y" switch in command line.

(methink that's what it was requested, but i/m in kinda hurry now, sorry, somebody may need to detail this process...)
I may have misunderstood, but I think Mr. Odd already has a working setup, but the obscure use of "alq_" on the front of an already existing .elf file had eluded him. He can let us know if my previous reply is insufficient and I will try more.

As to the instructions, doesn't the first post already supply everything you suggest (GMP, GMP-ECM, Msieve, YAFU, ggnfs) all the way up to:
Quote:
At this point, everything should be ready to simply use the following to run Aliqueit using YAFU for all external factoring processes:
Code:
Code:
./aliqueit -y <base sequence number>
Edit: I've added a note about the need for "alq_" as a prefix, to the first post.

Last fiddled with by EdH on 2021-04-12 at 13:20
Old 2021-04-12, 18:09   #18
Mr. Odd

Mar 2010

5710 Posts

Thanks, Ed. Yes, first I needed to rename the file. It has to be in the same folder as the Aliqueit executable, right? I'm running on Linux. Do I need to set any options to start with the last open entry?
Old 2021-04-12, 18:39   #19
EdH

"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

3,719 Posts

Quote:
Thanks, Ed. Yes, first I needed to rename the file. It has to be in the same folder as the Aliqueit executable, right? I'm running on Linux. Do I need to set any options to start with the last open entry?
Yes, it needs to be in the Aliqueit folder. No, on any options. If Aliqueit finds and reads the file, it will do a check that all current lines are valid, and then start right in on completing the last one. If the validity fails, it will stop and inform you. It may complain about the last line being incomplete. This is not a problem - factordb sends the factors it knows.

Last fiddled with by EdH on 2021-04-12 at 18:40