mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > New To GIMPS? Start Here! > Information & Answers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-12-02, 15:34   #1
Primeinator
 
Primeinator's Avatar
 
"Kyle"
Feb 2005
Somewhere near M52..

3·5·61 Posts
Default Account Information

Hello,

When I log into my account on mersenne.org homepage, my work type is listed as 10M Digit LL testing while my selected work type in the actual instances of P95 is LL- World Record. Will changing my work type on the website to LL-WR at all affect my instances of P95 and perhaps cause a reassignment even though they are currently testing WR candidates?
Primeinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 16:56   #2
KyleAskine
 
KyleAskine's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
Maryland

2×5×29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primeinator View Post
Hello,

When I log into my account on mersenne.org homepage, my work type is listed as 10M Digit LL testing while my selected work type in the actual instances of P95 is LL- World Record. Will changing my work type on the website to LL-WR at all affect my instances of P95 and perhaps cause a reassignment even though they are currently testing WR candidates?
It shouldn't unassign anything. It should just affect things going forward.

Though you may want to wait for one more confirmation before doing anything.

Last fiddled with by KyleAskine on 2011-12-02 at 17:04 Reason: Misread everything
KyleAskine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 18:22   #3
bcp19
 
bcp19's Avatar
 
Oct 2011

7×97 Posts
Default

Aren't 10 mil digit LL's roughly the same thing as WR LL's? The website could be using old 'information' from an earlier version of P95.
bcp19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 20:22   #4
Dubslow
Basketry That Evening!
 
Dubslow's Avatar
 
"Bunslow the Bold"
Jun 2011
40<A<43 -89<O<-88

3·29·83 Posts
Default

In Prime95, try Advanced/Manual Communication... contact PrimeNet, and then see if that changed the online info.
Dubslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 22:20   #5
Primeinator
 
Primeinator's Avatar
 
"Kyle"
Feb 2005
Somewhere near M52..

11100100112 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcp19 View Post
Aren't 10 mil digit LL's roughly the same thing as WR LL's? The website could be using old 'information' from an earlier version of P95.
This makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubslow View Post
In Prime95, try Advanced/Manual Communication... contact PrimeNet, and then see if that changed the online info.
I have tried this. Thank you though!
Primeinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 22:21   #6
Mini-Geek
Account Deleted
 
Mini-Geek's Avatar
 
"Tim Sorbera"
Aug 2006
San Antonio, TX USA

17×251 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAskine View Post
It shouldn't unassign anything. It should just affect things going forward.

Though you may want to wait for one more confirmation before doing anything.
This is correct, AFAIK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcp19 View Post
Aren't 10 mil digit LL's roughly the same thing as WR LL's? The website could be using old 'information' from an earlier version of P95.
Roughly, yes, but not exactly. 10 mil digit LL means p > 33,219,280. WR LL means p > 43,112,609 (or current WR). The difference is, of course, that the former can assign exponents where 33,219,280 < p < (current WR), where the latter will not. With the LL wavefront close to 57M, this hardly matters.

Last fiddled with by Mini-Geek on 2011-12-02 at 22:21
Mini-Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 23:24   #7
Primeinator
 
Primeinator's Avatar
 
"Kyle"
Feb 2005
Somewhere near M52..

3×5×61 Posts
Default

Thank you for clearing that up, Mini-Geek.
Primeinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 01:24   #8
Uncwilly
6809 > 6502
 
Uncwilly's Avatar
 
"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101×103 Posts

3·5·661 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primeinator View Post
Will changing my work type on the website to LL-WR at all affect my instances of P95 and perhaps cause a reassignment even though they are currently testing WR candidates?
The work type on the machine trumps the work type list on primenet.
Uncwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 12:58   #9
KyleAskine
 
KyleAskine's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
Maryland

2·5·29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncwilly View Post
The work type on the machine trumps the work type list on primenet.
Is that true?

http://www.mersenne.org/worktype/v5_...es_diagram.jpg
KyleAskine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 14:03   #10
Mini-Geek
Account Deleted
 
Mini-Geek's Avatar
 
"Tim Sorbera"
Aug 2006
San Antonio, TX USA

17×251 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAskine View Post
I think it is true. I think the first one, "Prime95 CPU worker-thread preference", is the user option, and the "Prime95 program preference" at the end is the automatic selection built in to Prime95/PrimeNet.
Mini-Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 15:02   #11
science_man_88
 
science_man_88's Avatar
 
"Forget I exist"
Jul 2009
Dumbassville

26·131 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Geek View Post
I think it is true. I think the first one, "Prime95 CPU worker-thread preference", is the user option, and the "Prime95 program preference" at the end is the automatic selection built in to Prime95/PrimeNet.
does "2. User account-level preference ?" mean anything.
science_man_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PRP testing - information and reservations philmoore Five or Bust - The Dual Sierpinski Problem 2 2011-04-13 00:35
Program information use Unregistered Information & Answers 0 2009-08-30 19:03
Is More Information Better? davar55 Puzzles 3 2009-07-02 20:25
Twins search information roger Information & Answers 1 2008-07-26 08:18
Time to complete information JuanTutors Software 3 2004-06-28 10:47

All times are UTC. The time now is 16:04.


Sat Sep 18 16:04:31 UTC 2021 up 57 days, 10:33, 0 users, load averages: 1.02, 1.22, 1.26

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.