Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Factoring Projects > Aliquot Sequences

Old 2021-05-24, 08:18   #1112
garambois

"Garambois Jean-Luc"
Oct 2011
France

677 Posts

NEW PAGE
(statistics and visualization by categories : possible) !

Page updated !
Thanks to all for your help.

But this update is exceptional : it is the new page that offers the possibility to sort, classify, count the sequences of different categories.
I would like to thank Karsten Bonath very much for his valuable help and for the enormous amount of work he has done to make the existence of this page possible.
There is no doubt about it : from now on, the statistics can be seen very clearly and if something should be noticeable, it will not be missed thanks to these new functions !

I thank you all for informing me of any errors, malfunctions or other.
Please also tell me if the definition of pink cells is clear !
garambois is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-24, 08:40   #1113
garambois

"Garambois Jean-Luc"
Oct 2011
France

12458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy5214 View Post
As I said above, your original pink did have enough contrast with the text for accessibility purposes, but I had trouble distinguishing it from the primary (blue-gray?) page background, which was causing issues with my work keeping track of downdriver sequences (which involves checking every <120 digit sequence on the page every few days).

A lot of the standards-based work I did in my earlier rewrite of the page also helps with accessibility. While accessibility issues don't particularly affect me personally, I recognize the importance of following proper web standards regarding them. Now, I just need to fix my personal website's color scheme.

Alexander, I really understood what your motivation was for proposing the color change.
And I thank you for that.
I leave the colors according to your last proposal.

This project really involves a lot of people and that is wonderful !
There are people doing all kinds of things in this project :
- Creating data visualization pages
- Calculations
- Data analysis
- Programs
- Demonstrations
- Remarks on how to present the data, on the relevance of the codes used or the colors used

This is really a team work and it is very good that everyone gives his opinion and makes proposals.
That's how we move forward.
Without this permanent interaction between all of us, we wouldn't have made all these calculations, we wouldn't have created a page of analysis of the statistics, we wouldn't have stated or demonstrated conjectures...

Thanks again to all of you for your help and your participation !
Old 2021-05-24, 22:38   #1114
richs

"Rich"
Aug 2002
Benicia, California

24·5·17 Posts

Reserving 392.
richs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-26, 02:50   #1115
Happy5214

"Alexander"
Nov 2008
The Alamo City

22×5×37 Posts

58^63 merges:

Code:
58^63:i1675 merges with 162216:i2119
Quote:
Originally Posted by garambois View Post
NEW PAGE
(statistics and visualization by categories : possible) !

Page updated !
Thanks to all for your help.

But this update is exceptional : it is the new page that offers the possibility to sort, classify, count the sequences of different categories.
I would like to thank Karsten Bonath very much for his valuable help and for the enormous amount of work he has done to make the existence of this page possible.
There is no doubt about it : from now on, the statistics can be seen very clearly and if something should be noticeable, it will not be missed thanks to these new functions !

I thank you all for informing me of any errors, malfunctions or other.
Please also tell me if the definition of pink cells is clear !
Finally, we have the split pages! This will take some adjustment to my workflow, as I'll have to check many more pages, but now I can avoid the doubles of squares. The layout table for the filter still needs to be dealt with, but that's lower priority.

"From 140 digits" screams British English to me. I would have said "above", but the meaning does come through.

Quote:
Alexander, I really understood what your motivation was for proposing the color change.
And I thank you for that.
I leave the colors according to your last proposal.

This project really involves a lot of people and that is wonderful !
There are people doing all kinds of things in this project :
- Creating data visualization pages
- Calculations
- Data analysis
- Programs
- Demonstrations
- Remarks on how to present the data, on the relevance of the codes used or the colors used

This is really a team work and it is very good that everyone gives his opinion and makes proposals.
That's how we move forward.
Without this permanent interaction between all of us, we wouldn't have made all these calculations, we wouldn't have created a page of analysis of the statistics, we wouldn't have stated or demonstrated conjectures...

Thanks again to all of you for your help and your participation !
Honestly, this subproject is more fulfilling to me than the main aliquot project. My desktop is too old to contribute to sequences below 2M in any reasonable timeframe, and most of the "good" sequences in the 2-3M range are already taken. Here, I can work on a base (like working on a Riesel k), finish off yoyo's downdriver runs, and contribute to theory and web development. It feels good to be here.
Happy5214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-26, 06:01   #1116
VBCurtis

"Curtis"
Feb 2005
Riverside, CA

115178 Posts

Quote:
Honestly, this subproject is more fulfilling to me than the main aliquot project. My desktop is too old to contribute to sequences below 2M in any reasonable timeframe, and most of the "good" sequences in the 2-3M range are already taken. Here, I can work on a base (like working on a Riesel k), finish off yoyo's downdriver runs, and contribute to theory and web development. It feels good to be here.
This. I haven't reserved a regular Aliquot sequence since I began contributing to this project.
VBCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-26, 07:18   #1117
Happy5214

"Alexander"
Nov 2008
The Alamo City

22×5×37 Posts

I noticed one more violation preventing the page from reaching Level A compliance with the W3C WCAG 2.1 accessibility standard. The table sorting only works with a mouse, which violates criterion 2.1.1 (regarding keyboard accessibility). Since we can't reasonably modify the sorttable.js script, I'd suggest having jQuery map keypress events on the headers to click events and adding role="button" tabindex="0" to the <th> tags.
Old 2021-05-26, 10:16   #1118
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

Jun 2011
Thailand

23×23×53 Posts

It looks good, gov'nor!
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-26, 14:48   #1119
garambois

"Garambois Jean-Luc"
Oct 2011
France

677 Posts

Page updated.
Thanks to all.

Only updated base : base 58
Addition on the main page of the update date for each base independently of the others (Thanks to Karsten Bonath for this new idea !).
Several corrections made on some sequences ending with a cycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richs View Post
Reserving 392.
Done.
Many thanks !

Quote:
58^63 merges:
Code:
58^63:i1675 merges with 162216:i2119
Done.
Many thanks !

Quote:
"From 140 digits" screams British English to me. I would have said "above", but the meaning does come through.
Done.
Many thanks !

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBCurtis View Post
This. I haven't reserved a regular Aliquot sequence since I began contributing to this project.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurV View Post
It looks good, gov'nor!
Thank you very much for your encouragement and for your interest in this project.

Quote:
I noticed one more violation preventing the page from reaching Level A compliance with the W3C WCAG 2.1 accessibility standard. The table sorting only works with a mouse, which violates criterion 2.1.1 (regarding keyboard accessibility). Since we can't reasonably modify the sorttable.js script, I'd suggest having jQuery map keypress events on the headers to click events and adding role="button" tabindex="0" to the <th> tags.
I'm really sorry, but I don't quite understand all of this and will let someone competent answer.
Old 2021-05-27, 06:40   #1120
Happy5214

"Alexander"
Nov 2008
The Alamo City

22·5·37 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
I'm really sorry, but I don't quite understand all of this and will let someone competent answer.
No worries, I went ahead and wrote the required code. In addition to adding those two attributes I listed above to all of the <th> tags at the top of the data table, add the following jQuery code:
Code:
$( 'th[role=button]' ).keydown(function(eventObj) {
    if (eventObj.which === 13) {
        const headerElement = $( this ).get(0);
        sorttable.innerSortFunction.apply(headerElement, []);
    }
});
The combined effect is to allow users to tab to the headers and sort by pressing Enter (which is code 13), thus satisfying criterion 2.1.1.

Edit: Also, the base cells on the left need to use <th scope="row"> tags as well for semantic reasons. You can override the formatting if you desire using CSS to make them look like normal cells, but they do need to be tagged as <th>.

Last fiddled with by Happy5214 on 2021-05-27 at 06:43 Reason: Use <th> for the bases.
Old 2021-05-27, 09:28   #1121
Happy5214

"Alexander"
Nov 2008
The Alamo City

22×5×37 Posts

Quote:
No worries, I went ahead and wrote the required code. In addition to adding those two attributes I listed above to all of the <th> tags at the top of the data table, add the following jQuery code:
Code:
$( 'th[role=button]' ).keydown(function(eventObj) {
    if (eventObj.which === 13) {
        const headerElement = $( this ).get(0);
        sorttable.innerSortFunction.apply(headerElement, []);
    }
});
The combined effect is to allow users to tab to the headers and sort by pressing Enter (which is code 13), thus satisfying criterion 2.1.1.

Edit: Also, the base cells on the left need to use <th scope="row"> tags as well for semantic reasons. You can override the formatting if you desire using CSS to make them look like normal cells, but they do need to be tagged as <th>.
Actually, instead of adding the attributes to each <th> tag, add this line to the end of the $(document).ready block at the beginning:
Code:
$("table.sortable th[scope=col]").attr({"role":"button","tabindex":0});
That will add them automatically to all sortable tables. You can optionally change the selector in the quote above from role=button to scope=col to match (I'd recommend it), but that event handler must remain in the bottom block.

I will have additional CSS class fix suggestions in the next day or two.
Old 2021-05-27, 13:29   #1122
EdH

"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

2·3·653 Posts

I'm finally done with the sieving of the huge beast that has kept me away since February. I see the higher end (pink cells) of base 578 are unreserved. I'll try to recolor them green. . .
EdH is offline   Reply With Quote