mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Extra Stuff > Miscellaneous Math

Old 2021-10-18, 11:52   #342
tuckerkao

"Tucker Kao"
Jan 2020
Head Base M168202123

23×61 Posts

I like this semiprime with the interesting double-double format nearby the right end: 13,898,772,659,372,959

[decimal] 59 = [dozenal] 4Ɛ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mersenne Exponents in 4 Different Bases.png
Views:	22
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	25968  

Last fiddled with by tuckerkao on 2021-10-18 at 12:18
tuckerkao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-18, 20:07   #343
tuckerkao

"Tucker Kao"
Jan 2020
Head Base M168202123

48810 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathwiz View Post
There is no actual math to support the claim that your proposed exponent range is any more likely, or any less likely, to contain a Mersenne prime.

My only hope is that others aren't led down this pointless crusade, and just keep their mprime / Prime95 clients receiving whatever assignments the server hands out.
There are very few exponents left in the M105M and M106M waiting to be PRP tested, chance the hidden Mersenne Prime is locating there has significantly dropped, remember how hard DrKirkby wanted to hop on those exponents before he quit GIMPS before it restricted him to the Cat 4 assignments due to some suspected result issues.

Ben Delo's wave-front is around M107.1M and the UncWilly drought still persist with less than a full year to go to become the longest gap of discovering a new Mersenne Prime after the previous one. Even M116M and M117M seems to be too long to work on for DrKirkby despite the request from Zhangrc to ask him to stay and just play more casually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Sardonicus View Post
Base 5 dozens with a dozenal superbase is still somewhat different than Base sixty with a decimal superbase.

Since it's probably not possible to use base sixteen to figure out how the residue values of a PRP tested exponent relates to the location of a hidden Mersenne Prime. It's okay to try on base 1 dozen 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckerkao View Post
M168,*8*,*23 without known factors:
At least this list isn't too long for me to finish, but still too many to allow only 5 guesses from Mathwiz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweety439 View Post
The number of Mersenne exponents end with Ɛ should be less than that of Mersenne exponents end with 1, 5, or 7, this is because for all Sophie Germain primes p == 3 mod 4 (all such primes end with Ɛ), Mp is divisible by 2*p+1, thus Mp is composite.
There are much fewer English words that start with Q, but Qu is a pair of interest that links to where the common words locate. I'm pretty sure I don't want to leave out the dozenal 4Ɛ ender candidates especially when they show the same numerical patterns in base 5 dozens too.

I'm assuming if the next hidden Mersenne Prime really ends with Ɛ, then it has the higher chance to be 4Ɛ for the final 2 digits dozenally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurV View Post
like "M11.44M is a double double" (???) like a bot would do (i.e. looking at the patterns on my post and reply things with the same pattern but having nothing to do with the subject semantically).
The numbers with the double double patterns are sometimes lucky, I only hope 1 of the results can be P-PRP for the co-factors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBCurtis View Post
It's "possible" to do anything we want. It's our project.
Your P-PRP thought is gibberish, but it seems that doesn't trouble you.
If I have AMD Threadripper 5970X with Nvidia Geforce 3090 Super, I should be able to finish 1 M168,***,*23 exponent every 4~5 days. The M168,*8*,*23 list will only last several months. The only reality that will trouble me is the supply shortage that'll prevent me from purchasing the PC I want, thus unable to prove myself.

Last fiddled with by tuckerkao on 2021-10-18 at 20:39
tuckerkao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-19, 12:43   #344
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

2×47×53 Posts

Quote:
<snip>
Also in base 5 dozens, the dozenal 4Ɛ enders(as a regular number) frequently come directly 1 less than a very composite number.
<snip>

This is gobbledygook3. Whether a number is one less than a highly composite number does not depend on what base you express it in. The term "dozenal enders" implies base twelve. A 2-digit ending in base twelve would be a congruence class modulo 144. Assuming "base 5 dozens" means "base sixty" a given congruence class mod 144 would correspond to 25 possible 2-digit endings in base sixty. I have no idea what you mean by "as a regular number," but the phrase uses the singular "number" in referring to the plural "dozenal enders" so is ungrammatical.

Assuming your excessively obscure notation "dozenal 4Ɛ enders" means "numbers congruent to 59 modulo 144", adding 1 to such a number gives 12 times a number congruent to 5 (mod 12).
Quote:
<snip>
Base 5 dozens with a dozenal superbase is still somewhat different than Base sixty with a decimal superbase.
Base sixty is base sixty. Also, one radix or base that is a multiple of a given base is a "superbase" of the given base. You have it the wrong way around.
Dr Sardonicus is offline   Reply With Quote