mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > Software

Old 2021-12-15, 22:35   #23
Bench

Dec 2021

2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewmayer View Post
You do realize the post you replied to is over 10 years old, yes? Probably better to PM Christenson, if said user is still around/active.
yes, i know. I'm prefer open discussion, so everyone , with similar question can google this, like I'm. Also is no guarante , what he reply me in Pm . Also my question is to all forum members, who know something about it.

Why you so toxic? Just give an answer if you have it, rather than just wasting database capacity with off-topic messages

Last fiddled with by Bench on 2021-12-15 at 22:38
Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-15, 23:43   #24
Uncwilly
6809 > 6502

"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101×103 Posts

22×7×389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
Why you so toxic? Just give an answer if you have it, rather than just wasting database capacity with off-topic messages
They were just giving a direct answer. There was no attitude involved. Since only Christenson can give you the answer to the first part it is better to reach out as directly as possible for such an old message. Sending a PM can generate a notification email (depending on the user's settings.) The user was last seen here in 2012.

Can you elaborate on your question about doing "verify cpu calculations, without stress test"?
Many users run Double Checks just to keep an eye on the stability of their systems. Would that work for you?
Uncwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-16, 01:11   #25
kriesel

"TF79LL86GIMPS96gpu17"
Mar 2017
US midwest

1CC616 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
yes, i know. I'm prefer open discussion, so everyone , with similar question can google this, like I'm. Also is no guarante , what he reply me in Pm . Also my question is to all forum members, who know something about it.

You're apparently new here, so maybe you don't realize that Ewmayer is both a mersenneforum moderator, with some powers over us mere mortal users here, and he's one of the few premier world class programmers of GIMPS software, a very rare asset, which it's best not to distract or annoy.
And a demand on anyone else's time such as you made is inappropriate also.
I suggest you start reading some beginner material for your own good. And please try to be more coherent and tactful, and less ready to project the fault onto others, than implied by the quoted material above. If English is not your first language say so. We really know nothing about you, other than what we can guess from your very few posts. No background, location, etc.

Last fiddled with by kriesel on 2021-12-16 at 01:13
kriesel is offline   Reply With Quote