mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > Data > Marin's Mersenne-aries

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-08-16, 01:28   #12
dswanson
 
dswanson's Avatar
 
Aug 2002

C816 Posts
Default

How about adding a column showing the number of bits in each factor?
dswanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 04:25   #13
James Heinrich
 
James Heinrich's Avatar
 
"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

D1C16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_0273
Could everyone that has done p-1 work, please check their stats and make sure they are correct...
Oh, one more thing that I should mention is that only the stats in "completed missions (plus my own results.txt files of my computers) have been included in the stats.
I don't know if it's because you haven't included some recent stuff, but my stats show me as having found 53/1478 factors, compared to your number (35/1000).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_0273
For example, S130260 is James Heinrich. So in that sort of case it would be good to change the name because no one knows him as S130260.
Yes, please do :)
James Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 11:35   #14
dave_0273
 
dave_0273's Avatar
 
Oct 2003
Australia, Brisbane

7268 Posts
Default

James: I have gone back through completed missions to try to find out if I have made an error. This is what I have come up with.

Code:
Set Name				Tested	Factored
(These 14 blocks are from completed missions)
P-1: Block of 100: First=14139197	100	2
P-1: Block of 100: First=14396923	100	0
P-1: Block of 100: First=14000033	100	0
P-1: Block of 100: First=13774909	100	2
P-1: Block of 70: First=13906601	70	5
P-1: BLOCK OF 70: FIRST=13508207	70	4
P-1: Block of 70: First=13399543	70	5
P-1: BLOCK OF 70: FIRST=13577099	70	3
P-1: Block of 50: First=13357339	50	2
P-1: Block of 50: First=12955913	50	3
P-1: Block of 70: First=12938087	70	1
P-1: Block of 50: First=12900197	50	4
P-1: Block of 50: First=12919957	50	2
P-1: Block of 50: First=12769543	50	2

Total (from completed missions)		1000	35

From forum (not moved to completed misisons yet)
P-1: Block of 100: First=14707789	100	5
P-1: Block of 100: First=14670041	100	4
P-1: Block of 100: First=14533847	100	5

Total (from forum but not moved yet)	300	14



All p-1 missions			1300	49
Ok, assuming that I haven't made the same error again (which I might have) these are some other ideas of why we get different answers...

1) You have inlcuded your entire worktodo file, which contains sets that you have half finished but have not reported on the forums.
2) You have done p-1 work that was not a part of mersenne-aries - either through doing first time LL tests or doublechecks.

This is what I have come up with. Please, please don't take it as "I am right and you are wrong" because that is not what I mean at all. I was wondering though if you could compare these stats to your stats and see if there is any sets that I have not included in my stats that I should have.

Those 3 sets above that I have mentioned haven't been moved to "completed missions" have not been added to your stats yet. However, as soon as I make sure that everything that is currently in "completed missions" has been counted properly, I will update all the stats and move the completed missions that people have done into the "completed missions" sub forum.
dave_0273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 14:12   #15
James Heinrich
 
James Heinrich's Avatar
 
"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

22×839 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_0273
This is what I have come up with.
And that looks right to me: including the not-yet-moved missions comes pretty close to the numbers I have; I imagine the last found factor and few others checked come from the last two sets of 100 I'm working my way through now. So I don't think you have any errors, sorry to make you do that extra work
James Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 14:31   #16
James Heinrich
 
James Heinrich's Avatar
 
"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

22·839 Posts
Default

Is there any status file on PrimeNet that can be parsed to get this information? I'm relying on user-submitted results.txt; Dave - it sounds like you're relying on user-posted data in the forum, or did I misunderstand that? I'm curious how you're extracting that data? And how you're generating your stats site in general actually :)
James Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 01:34   #17
geoff
 
geoff's Avatar
 
Mar 2003
New Zealand

13·89 Posts
Default

This might be too much work to be worthwhile, but it might be interesting to collect stats on the minimum B1,B2 bounds that would have found each factor. (i.e. if P is the factor of 2^N-1 find the two largest factors of P-1 other than N).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_0273
Could everyone that has done p-1 work, please check their stats and make sure they are correct.
One of these batches was not counted. Note the thread title on one of them says 100 exponents but it is actually only 50. In total I have tested 100 exponents and found 5 factors.
http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=2603
http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=1930
geoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-22, 13:21   #18
dave_0273
 
dave_0273's Avatar
 
Oct 2003
Australia, Brisbane

7268 Posts
Default

Ok, I just did another update on the site. Nothing "new" but i just included the rest of the sets that were in the forum that were completed.

From now on, to recieve credit on my site for the mersenne-aries work that you do, you could please do the following things to help me out...

1) Post the entrieds from your results.txt file that corespond to the work that you did for that set
2) Please make sure that the copy of prime95 that you are using is registered with primenet

ie) all the "important" lines in results.txt start with "UID: ..." otherwise my program doesn't know who to credit the work to.

If there are any errors on my site, or any bugs that you find, or any suggestions in general, please post them here or PM them to me.

This is my first website so it is taking me a little while to get it up and running properly.
dave_0273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-22, 18:27   #19
Bundu
 
Bundu's Avatar
 
Jul 2004
Mid Calder, Scotland

5·37 Posts
Default

Hi Dave,

I found a 20 digit Factor

26613239 65
F 46466134729650936071 15-Aug-04 18:28 Team_Bundu3

Does it count?

Cheers, Mark
Bundu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 05:09   #20
dave_0273
 
dave_0273's Avatar
 
Oct 2003
Australia, Brisbane

2×5×47 Posts
Default

My website only keeps track of work that has been done by mersenne-aries. The reason why I keep track of it is because we don't get any (primenet) credit for the work that we do. Therefore, to keep us competitive and interested in mersenne-aries work, I keep track of the stats.

I am assuming that your factor was found through an exponent assigned through primenet, so you won't get credit for it on my site but you will have primenet credit for it. Just go to http://mersenne.org/ips/accounts.html and log into your account and it will show you the credit that you recieved from it.
dave_0273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 19:11   #21
Bundu
 
Bundu's Avatar
 
Jul 2004
Mid Calder, Scotland

5×37 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_0273
My website only keeps track of work that has been done by mersenne-aries. The reason why I keep track of it is because we don't get any (primenet) credit for the work that we do. Therefore, to keep us competitive and interested in mersenne-aries work, I keep track of the stats.

I am assuming that your factor was found through an exponent assigned through primenet, so you won't get credit for it on my site but you will have primenet credit for it. Just go to http://mersenne.org/ips/accounts.html and log into your account and it will show you the credit that you recieved from it.
Sorry bud. I obviously didn't read the posts closely enough
Bundu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 23:46   #22
ET_
Banned
 
ET_'s Avatar
 
"Luigi"
Aug 2002
Team Italia

481310 Posts
Default

A question for Dave and James:

Dave, I did 3/4 of my work, and already found 8 factors. Should I wait that you move the thread on "completed missions" after the end of my factoring task to see the stats on your site?

James, If one pastes his results.txt more than once on your page, is there a filter that cut out the duplicated rows? If so, I could start my update by now...

Luigi
ET_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Website's use of UTC chesswood Information & Answers 1 2014-03-26 18:20
CSVs for stats available + New combined stats opyrt Prime Sierpinski Project 3 2010-05-31 08:13
website and stats updated wfgarnett3 PSearch 0 2004-09-09 03:15
Your own website and what its about. Fusion_power Lounge 18 2004-04-22 10:11
Website SB2 15k Search 0 2003-12-08 23:06

All times are UTC. The time now is 07:57.

Sun May 9 07:57:03 UTC 2021 up 31 days, 2:37, 0 users, load averages: 2.59, 3.28, 3.29

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.