chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

899010 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewmayer View Post
The remaining sticking point was that assignment-progress-update calls to the Primenet server require update-computer (also in the v5 API) to have been called in the past 30 days (IIRC), and that currently only works for "trusted clients", i.e. for Prime95/mprime.
If it's of any help ewmayer, GPU72 has a similar issue with one of it's spiders. My hack is to have a slaved mprime with the same CID contact Primenet once a day saying "Hi. I'm still here."

Not sure if this could be easily implemented in a wider deployment scenario. Probably better to figure out how to talk to the API with untrusted code. Perhaps limit any database deltas possible to be solely the last contact date -- no security exposure, and would solve your problem more gracefully.
chalsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-21, 17:19   #35
kriesel

"TF79LL86GIMPS96gpu17"
Mar 2017
US midwest

1110111010012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalsall View Post
If it's of any help ewmayer, GPU72 has a similar issue with one of it's spiders. My hack is to have a slaved mprime with the same CID contact Primenet once a day saying "Hi. I'm still here."

Not sure if this could be easily implemented in a wider deployment scenario. Probably better to figure out how to talk to the API with untrusted code. Perhaps limit any database deltas possible to be solely the last contact date -- no security exposure, and would solve your problem more gracefully.
I have a largish perl script in development and daily use, that among other actions, gathers new results from however many gpu app instances it's configured for, on a system, into one file. Currently that is manually submitted by me. It handles the most common versions of the BIG SIX gpu apps: cllucas cudalucas cudapm1 gpuowl mfaktc mfakto. Each app instance's results may have configured in its ini files or batch file a different compound UID/CID combo, unique per system/gpu/app-instancecount, for full traceability back to the result's origin. So for example, Kriesel/condor-gtx1060-2 identifies the TF result as coming from the second instance/folder for the gtx1060 on system condor. TF throughput is higher with multiple instances, so on some gpus where the percentage gain is sufficient in my opinion, which tends to be cards gtx 480 or 1060 and faster, I run 2 or sometimes 3 instances in parallel. Now multiply that by several systems equipped with gpus (mostly multiple) and with multiple app types. Manual reporting lumps them all into a single manual bin which has no corresponding cpu or mprime/prime95 instance or CID. That bin contains the great majority of all my results, at 72% of the total currently.
I would like to be able to interface the script to PrimeNet eventually, and make it available to others to use, including with precompiled executables (which I have working now for my own local distribution for test to multiple systems some of which do not have perl installed).

It sounds like the PrimeNet API is not currently well suited to gpu support or to untrusted-app support.
Both EWMayer and Preda have grappled with it and turned back.

Last fiddled with by kriesel on 2020-01-21 at 17:49
kriesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-26, 07:31   #36
moebius

Jul 2009
Germany

233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriesel View Post
Welcome Ben Delo, yes. Poaching, not welcome. Issuing errors, not welcome.
For me, this was, as far as I know, a legit unexpired first-test PRP assignment. But I suppose it's possible my assignment expired along the way.
The same as with me, no poaching, only early double check, but my old hardware still seems to be working fine.

moebius is offline   Reply With Quote