mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Factoring Projects > Factoring

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-06-05, 17:29   #45
Max0526
 
"Max"
Jun 2016
Toronto

37D16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurV View Post
Any chance you spin a poly for the c164?
Edit : crosspost, it would be wonderful to get a poly, yeah!
Code:
(8, 8) c164 / snfs170 --> poly 1
n: 27549552870024775309360384412644717396669398352814962054008616304874281405758638638960912648483669596008669328950259534837026658885477281773175396278146092059822187656639
# a = 3301440445505588929477052131630608105022609/442675858149281183384208121008685306143552
Y0: -3301440445505588929477052131630608105022609
Y1: 442675858149281183384208121008685306143552

# poly x^4 - 24*x^3 + 152*x^2 - 336*x + 196
c0: 196
c1: -336
c2: 152
c3: -24
c4: 1

skew: 4.78932
# E = 1.20623162e-10 <-- better poly

-----------------------

(8, 8) c164 / snfs170 --> poly 2
n: 27549552870024775309360384412644717396669398352814962054008616304874281405758638638960912648483669596008669328950259534837026658885477281773175396278146092059822187656639
# a = 10715159090359249371581537533171068163138807/3504149883966209575264647416200419067040354
Y0: -10715159090359249371581537533171068163138807
Y1: 3504149883966209575264647416200419067040354

# poly x^4 - 24*x^3 + 152*x^2 - 336*x + 196
c0: 196
c1: -336
c2: 152
c3: -24
c4: 1

skew: 3.46114
# E = 8.94678578e-11
Max0526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-05, 17:33   #46
unconnected
 
unconnected's Avatar
 
May 2009
Russia, Moscow

259310 Posts
Default

I tried to generate poly file for c133 from (4, -7) but something went wrong:
Code:
n: 2749457614794647262361879796428445127945722605794673602589457472453080969513005299239408449216604361609226167561990719027188445142241
skew: 3.43469
c0: 196
c1: -336
c2: 152
c3: -24
c4: 1
Y0: -5554601221033173772912866296770856709982
Y1: 1863589942627684233365918164244430623163
Got an error from factMsieve script:
Code:
-> Warning: evaluated polynomial value -141148146159378749246764684024815706538491155185674289109980978257351523181783126120960791861967660218875168856495053062518077245875473744121445687183090267116 is negative or zero.
->   This is at least a little strange.
-> Error: evaluated polynomial value -141148146159378749246764684024815706538491155185674289109980978257351523181783126120960791861967660218875168856495053062518077245875473744121445687183090267116 is not a multiple of n!
Max, please help with the poly.

Last fiddled with by unconnected on 2021-06-05 at 17:33
unconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-05, 17:45   #47
Max0526
 
"Max"
Jun 2016
Toronto

89310 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unconnected View Post
I tried to generate poly file for c133 from (4, -7) but something went wrong:
Code:
n: 2749457614794647262361879796428445127945722605794673602589457472453080969513005299239408449216604361609226167561990719027188445142241
skew: 3.43469
c0: 196
c1: -336
c2: 152
c3: -24
c4: 1
Y0: -5554601221033173772912866296770856709982
Y1: 1863589942627684233365918164244430623163
Got an error from factMsieve script:
Code:
-> Warning: evaluated polynomial value -141148146159378749246764684024815706538491155185674289109980978257351523181783126120960791861967660218875168856495053062518077245875473744121445687183090267116 is negative or zero.
->   This is at least a little strange.
-> Error: evaluated polynomial value -141148146159378749246764684024815706538491155185674289109980978257351523181783126120960791861967660218875168856495053062518077245875473744121445687183090267116 is not a multiple of n!
Max, please help with the poly.
C133 is done: http://factordb.com/index.php?id=1100000002597842602
Max0526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-05, 17:54   #48
EdH
 
EdH's Avatar
 
"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

2·33·71 Posts
Default

Ok, I'm at a loss! I ran CADO-NFS with the first poly and it crashed during the Square Root phase. So, I ran Msieve on the relations and it gave up, too:
Code:
Sat Jun  5 13:36:01 2021  lanczos halted after 3190 iterations (dim = 201552)
Sat Jun  5 13:36:01 2021  lanczos error: only trivial dependencies found
I've started over from scratch with the second poly (which scored better, anyway).
EdH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-05, 17:58   #49
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter
 
LaurV's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Thailand

72×197 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max0526 View Post
Code:
(8, 8) c164 / snfs170
Thanks, the c113 is done, and c142 survived a t45t47. It will take yafu about 3 hours and half in 18 cores to get a poly. So, you may as well post one for the c142 too.
The c164 is in ecm, about one hour or two to go.

Last fiddled with by LaurV on 2021-06-05 at 18:00
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-05, 18:16   #50
EdH
 
EdH's Avatar
 
"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

2·33·71 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdH View Post
I've started over from scratch with the second poly (which scored better, anyway).
That didn't work, either! Apparently, I'm experiencing a "degree 4" problem as referenced in the CADO-NFS README.
EdH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-05, 20:09   #51
EdH
 
EdH's Avatar
 
"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

2·33·71 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdH View Post
That didn't work, either! Apparently, I'm experiencing a "degree 4" problem as referenced in the CADO-NFS README.
I couldn't get it done via SNFS, so I went back to ECM (B1=43000000):
Code:
# 195: N = 1220320980954814707143144710823160347283886398771046495382862573956880261463684223833837644743260069843547863559837
# 195: B1 = 43000000
# 195: #curves = 1960
# 019: curve 0 found factor 34840634210713925164876991440244213 using sigma -1:2498375964
# 066: curve 0 found factor 34840634210713925164876991440244213 using sigma -1:2520929826
# 196 curves done (10.0%)
Results: 1220320980954814707143144710823160347283886398771046495382862573956880261463684223833837644743260069843547863559837 = 35025796992511431933842456763296474140730986971108376518054629586885193816771849 * 34840634210713925164876991440244213
EdH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-05, 21:18   #52
Brownfox
 
Brownfox's Avatar
 
Dec 2017

3·23 Posts
Default

I will factor the composites for (4, -8) : line 84
Brownfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-05, 22:38   #53
unconnected
 
unconnected's Avatar
 
May 2009
Russia, Moscow

2,593 Posts
Default

c123 from (2, -7) and c151 from (4, -7) are done.
unconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-06, 01:34   #54
Max0526
 
"Max"
Jun 2016
Toronto

19·47 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdH View Post
I couldn't get it done via SNFS, so I went back to ECM (B1=43000000):
Code:
# 195: N = 1220320980954814707143144710823160347283886398771046495382862573956880261463684223833837644743260069843547863559837
# 195: B1 = 43000000
# 195: #curves = 1960
# 019: curve 0 found factor 34840634210713925164876991440244213 using sigma -1:2498375964
# 066: curve 0 found factor 34840634210713925164876991440244213 using sigma -1:2520929826
# 196 curves done (10.0%)
 Results: 1220320980954814707143144710823160347283886398771046495382862573956880261463684223833837644743260069843547863559837 = 35025796992511431933842456763296474140730986971108376518054629586885193816771849 * 34840634210713925164876991440244213

What a story! Thank you for not giving up!
I had the same problem with CADO while working on Figure 2 plot for the same paper. When SNFS 170 failed in the root phase, I transferred all the raw relations to msieve and it finished the job. Guess it was lucky.
Max0526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-06, 02:02   #55
Max0526
 
"Max"
Jun 2016
Toronto

19×47 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurV View Post
Thanks, the c113 is done, and c142 survived a t45t47. It will take yafu about 3 hours and half in 18 cores to get a poly. So, you may as well post one for the c142 too.
The c164 is in ecm, about one hour or two to go.

Code:
(8, 8) c142 / snfs170 --> poly 1
n: 8634770279589004036827356194912393863312537850732467598999417776716562536604195298669883428901982312090588445191732185912646256178539679210299
# a = 3301440445505588929477052131630608105022609/442675858149281183384208121008685306143552
Y0: -3301440445505588929477052131630608105022609
Y1: 442675858149281183384208121008685306143552

# poly x^4 - 6*x^3 + 17*x^2 - 84*x + 196
c0: 196
c1: -84
c2: 17
c3: -6
c4: 1

skew: 4.62503
# E = 1.35994355e-10 <-- better poly

-----------------------

(8, 8) c142 / snfs170 --> poly 2
n: 8634770279589004036827356194912393863312537850732467598999417776716562536604195298669883428901982312090588445191732185912646256178539679210299
# a = 10715159090359249371581537533171068163138807/3504149883966209575264647416200419067040354
Y0: -10715159090359249371581537533171068163138807
Y1: 3504149883966209575264647416200419067040354

# poly x^4 - 6*x^3 + 17*x^2 - 84*x + 196
c0: 196
c1: -84
c2: 17
c3: -6
c4: 1

skew: 3.49196
# E = 1.00951550e-10
Max0526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
factoring 2ⁿ-2 equivalent to factoring 2ⁿ-1(I think) baih Miscellaneous Math 9 2020-09-21 07:11
OpenCL GPU P-1 Factoring and ECM Factoring xx005fs GPU Computing 3 2018-10-27 14:49

All times are UTC. The time now is 23:21.


Sun Aug 1 23:21:12 UTC 2021 up 9 days, 17:50, 0 users, load averages: 1.30, 1.25, 1.23

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.