mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > Software

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2022-08-03, 19:26   #650
James Heinrich
 
James Heinrich's Avatar
 
"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

23·11·43 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime95 View Post
I'm not familiar with "Fishhawk Fall". If this is a not-yet-released product...
Fishlake Falls is the platform name for Sapphire Rapids-X Xeon CPUs
A decent overview: https://wccftech.com/intel-fishhawk-...-workstations/

Last fiddled with by James Heinrich on 2022-08-03 at 19:28
James Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-06, 23:38   #651
JuanTutors
 
JuanTutors's Avatar
 
"Juan Tutors"
Mar 2004

23916 Posts
Default

Is there a table or formula for appropriate B2/B1 values as a function of ram usage for P95v30.8b15? Trying to figure out if B2/B1=73 for 27 GB ram is appropriate.
JuanTutors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-07, 00:22   #652
James Heinrich
 
James Heinrich's Avatar
 
"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

23×11×43 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanTutors View Post
Is there a table or formula for appropriate B2/B1 values as a function of ram usage for P95v30.8b15?
It's a complex interplay between RAM, exponent, chance of factor (previous TF, new B1/B2). It's probably safe to say that if Prime95 selected those bounds for that assignment, then it's the appropriate bounds.
James Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-07, 02:25   #653
JuanTutors
 
JuanTutors's Avatar
 
"Juan Tutors"
Mar 2004

23916 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Heinrich View Post
It's a complex interplay between RAM, exponent, chance of factor (previous TF, new B1/B2). It's probably safe to say that if Prime95 selected those bounds for that assignment, then it's the appropriate bounds.
Got it. 100M digit Mersenne factored to 2^80, B1=1369000 and B2=96916000. Given how fast this is compared to a PRP test, if I happen to be on the same version of P95, I might increase those values manually next time just because it's so fast!
JuanTutors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-07, 02:41   #654
James Heinrich
 
James Heinrich's Avatar
 
"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

23·11·43 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanTutors View Post
I might increase those values manually next time just because it's so fast!
You can, of course, but the auto-selected values are carefully balanced to give an optimal balance of time spent on P-1 vs chance of finding a factor. You can increase the bounds and have a higher chance of finding a factor on this exponent, but your overall rate of factors found per time will decrease (the amount of time spent goes up faster than the chance of finding a factor).
James Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-07, 05:15   #655
axn
 
axn's Avatar
 
Jun 2003

2×2,693 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanTutors View Post
Got it. 100M digit Mersenne factored to 2^80, B1=1369000 and B2=96916000. Given how fast this is compared to a PRP test, if I happen to be on the same version of P95, I might increase those values manually next time just because it's so fast!
If it is possible to upgrade the RAM in your computer, upgrade it to the maximum capacity and allocate the maximum RAM you can to the program. It will automatically choose _much_ higher bounds.
axn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-07, 05:32   #656
JuanTutors
 
JuanTutors's Avatar
 
"Juan Tutors"
Mar 2004

569 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axn View Post
If it is possible to upgrade the RAM in your computer, upgrade it to the maximum capacity and allocate the maximum RAM you can to the program. It will automatically choose _much_ higher bounds.
Unfortunately I only have 32GB ram and I allocated 27GB. Maybe I'll get more ram on my next laptop.
JuanTutors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-09, 17:48   #657
Prime95
P90 years forever!
 
Prime95's Avatar
 
Aug 2002
Yeehaw, FL

132×47 Posts
Default

30.8 build 16 released for Windows and Linux 64-bit. A bug fix for Ryzen 7000.
Prime95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do not post your results here! kar_bon Prime Wiki 40 2022-04-03 19:05
what should I post ? science_man_88 science_man_88 24 2018-10-19 23:00
Where to post job ad? xilman Linux 2 2010-12-15 16:39
Moderated Post kar_bon Forum Feedback 3 2010-09-28 08:01
Something that I just had to post/buy dave_0273 Lounge 1 2005-02-27 18:36

All times are UTC. The time now is 19:22.


Tue Aug 9 19:22:21 UTC 2022 up 33 days, 14:09, 1 user, load averages: 0.88, 1.17, 1.13

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.

≠ ± ∓ ÷ × · − √ ‰ ⊗ ⊕ ⊖ ⊘ ⊙ ≤ ≥ ≦ ≧ ≨ ≩ ≺ ≻ ≼ ≽ ⊏ ⊐ ⊑ ⊒ ² ³ °
∠ ∟ ° ≅ ~ ‖ ⟂ ⫛
≡ ≜ ≈ ∝ ∞ ≪ ≫ ⌊⌋ ⌈⌉ ∘ ∏ ∐ ∑ ∧ ∨ ∩ ∪ ⨀ ⊕ ⊗ 𝖕 𝖖 𝖗 ⊲ ⊳
∅ ∖ ∁ ↦ ↣ ∩ ∪ ⊆ ⊂ ⊄ ⊊ ⊇ ⊃ ⊅ ⊋ ⊖ ∈ ∉ ∋ ∌ ℕ ℤ ℚ ℝ ℂ ℵ ℶ ℷ ℸ 𝓟
¬ ∨ ∧ ⊕ → ← ⇒ ⇐ ⇔ ∀ ∃ ∄ ∴ ∵ ⊤ ⊥ ⊢ ⊨ ⫤ ⊣ … ⋯ ⋮ ⋰ ⋱
∫ ∬ ∭ ∮ ∯ ∰ ∇ ∆ δ ∂ ℱ ℒ ℓ
𝛢𝛼 𝛣𝛽 𝛤𝛾 𝛥𝛿 𝛦𝜀𝜖 𝛧𝜁 𝛨𝜂 𝛩𝜃𝜗 𝛪𝜄 𝛫𝜅 𝛬𝜆 𝛭𝜇 𝛮𝜈 𝛯𝜉 𝛰𝜊 𝛱𝜋 𝛲𝜌 𝛴𝜎𝜍 𝛵𝜏 𝛶𝜐 𝛷𝜙𝜑 𝛸𝜒 𝛹𝜓 𝛺𝜔