mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Factoring Projects > Aliquot Sequences

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-12-09, 15:12   #1
jrk
 
jrk's Avatar
 
May 2008

109510 Posts
Default Unilateral sieve by fivemack: c160 from 4788:i2765

line 2765 poly:

Code:
# sieve with ggnfs siever 14e on alg side from Q=20M to 85M
# aq4788:2765
n: 2814575633606932762559115069533933368677889149925801155928197648179619287546158555273702253059022542550239875837596670776891953100123181330796798182098206571983
# norm 1.894764e-15 alpha -7.376608 e 1.626e-12 rroots 5
skew: 11068740.95
c0:  1161978843716318456646952812120907588608
c1:  2689494311189461863540738853548620
c2:  287918016978138708257077050
c3: -37048723565902501500
c4: -2009829632263
c5:  148680
Y0: -7168562641279545574915385511745
Y1:  63337248332342941
rlim: 40000000
alim: 40000000
lpbr: 29
lpba: 30
mfbr: 58
mfba: 60
rlambda: 2.5
alambda: 2.5
jrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 13:56   #2
debrouxl
 
debrouxl's Avatar
 
Sep 2009

977 Posts
Default

It's 14e, so RSALS could participate in the team sieving, should ECM fail to split the composite. However, the number of WUs in progress has been cut by more than half over the past few days, even though the WUs are slightly easier today than they were several days ago...

frmky, fivemack, other takers ?
debrouxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 14:42   #3
schickel
 
schickel's Avatar
 
"Frank <^>"
Dec 2004
CDP Janesville

2×1,061 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrouxl View Post
It's 14e, so RSALS could participate in the team sieving, should ECM fail to split the composite. However, the number of WUs in progress has been cut by more than half over the past few days, even though the WUs are slightly easier today than they were several days ago...

frmky, fivemack, other takers ?
The situation isn't really clear from your comment....does that mean you have fewer machines participating in sieving?

I've still got ~2 weeks or so to go on my current job, so that lets me out for the start of this one....
schickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 14:55   #4
unconnected
 
unconnected's Avatar
 
May 2009
Russia, Moscow

22·613 Posts
Default

I can do the postproccessing if nobody else wants.
unconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 16:39   #5
debrouxl
 
debrouxl's Avatar
 
Sep 2009

977 Posts
Default

Yes, seems like fewer machines are participating in sieving. It's not the first time the power of the grid experiences variations such as the one we're currently noticing, over the course of several days: 9K pending WUs on Tuesday, and 3K-4K today.
debrouxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 16:47   #6
schickel
 
schickel's Avatar
 
"Frank <^>"
Dec 2004
CDP Janesville

212210 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrouxl View Post
Yes, seems like fewer machines are participating in sieving. It's not the first time the power of the grid experiences variations such as the one we're currently noticing, over the course of several days: 9K pending WUs on Tuesday, and 3K-4K today.
Maybe variations in the number of machines at schools participating?

Anyway, anything you can help us out with is certainly appreciated....not quite there yet on the ECM, so not to worry.
schickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 16:50   #7
Andi47
 
Andi47's Avatar
 
Oct 2004
Austria

2·17·73 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrouxl View Post
Yes, seems like fewer machines are participating in sieving. It's not the first time the power of the grid experiences variations such as the one we're currently noticing, over the course of several days: 9K pending WUs on Tuesday, and 3K-4K today.
Hmmm... The 8th of December is a holiday in quite a few countries. Maybe several people have made a journey and switched off their computers over the long weekend?
Andi47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 17:18   #8
fivemack
(loop (#_fork))
 
fivemack's Avatar
 
Feb 2006
Cambridge, England

6,353 Posts
Default

My monster is working on sieving 2340:693 for at least another week, and my smaller machine on 1920:2385; if you expect your current resources to factor the number by 19th December, go ahead. If not, tell me; I'll throw 48 cores at it starting 19th December and it'll be done by Christmas.
fivemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 19:41   #9
pinhodecarlos
 
pinhodecarlos's Avatar
 
"Carlos Pinho"
Oct 2011
Milton Keynes, UK

32×5×103 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi47 View Post
Hmmm... The 8th of December is a holiday in quite a few countries. Maybe several people have made a journey and switched off their computers over the long weekend?
That was not the problem. debrouxl, you need to check more often RSALS stats...lol What happened was this: ripli from SETIKAH@KOREA team moved a bunch of cores to RSALS and run it until he/she reached first place in overall stats. Meanwhile BOINCstats team reacted to SETIKAH@KOREA team first place approach but then ripli reduced his/her power by two thirds when BOINCstats team matched SETIKAH@KOREA points ouput. Now both are reducing power. You can check all stats progress in here:

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=proj&proj=rsa

Don't forget that having lots of downtime from server side is probably also an issue here.

Carlos

Last fiddled with by pinhodecarlos on 2011-12-11 at 19:44
pinhodecarlos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 00:09   #10
schickel
 
schickel's Avatar
 
"Frank <^>"
Dec 2004
CDP Janesville

212210 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinhodecarlos View Post
That was not the problem. debrouxl, you need to check more often RSALS stats...lol What happened was this: ripli from SETIKAH@KOREA team moved a bunch of cores to RSALS and run it until he/she reached first place in overall stats. Meanwhile BOINCstats team reacted to SETIKAH@KOREA team first place approach but then ripli reduced his/her power by two thirds when BOINCstats team matched SETIKAH@KOREA points ouput. Now both are reducing power. You can check all stats progress in here:

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=proj&proj=rsa

Don't forget that having lots of downtime from server side is probably also an issue here.

Carlos
In other words, we need someone to move up in the rankings so as to draw the stats junkies into a pissing contest, huh?
schickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 09:25   #11
fivemack
(loop (#_fork))
 
fivemack's Avatar
 
Feb 2006
Cambridge, England

6,353 Posts
Default Executive decision

Hello all.

I'll run this one, starting now - I've paused 2340:693 and set 48 cores to work starting at 20M. Should be done by the end of the week.
fivemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ECM work on 4788:i2765 c160 schickel Aliquot Sequences 21 2011-12-16 07:27
Team sieve: c160 from 4788:i2715 (ABORTED) fivemack Aliquot Sequences 15 2011-10-29 10:12
Team sieve #5: c140 from 4788:2407 10metreh Aliquot Sequences 77 2009-05-27 20:39
Team sieve #4: c138 from 4788:2383 10metreh Aliquot Sequences 113 2009-05-14 05:33
Team sieve #3: c131 from 4788:2382 10metreh Aliquot Sequences 39 2009-05-03 14:02

All times are UTC. The time now is 06:37.

Wed Aug 12 06:37:43 UTC 2020 up 26 days, 2:24, 1 user, load averages: 1.58, 1.55, 1.55

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.