mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Factoring Projects > Aliquot Sequences

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-10-18, 11:43   #177
science_man_88
 
science_man_88's Avatar
 
"Forget I exist"
Jul 2009
Dumbassville

26·131 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schickel View Post
Right. And before you start a new job, make sure you put the correct number in the test.n file.So did you happen to mention how long it took to do a c102 by SIQS? (I could search the thread, but I'm lazy this morning...)
I don't know if I ever got the sequence down to a C102 I believe I was at a C109 but the factorization may have come across one I guess. my gnfs test.n does have the number I wanted to test ( assuming it's the right one so it will add another line) but it didn't do that one. I'm unsure if I leave factMsieve.pl in there.

Last fiddled with by science_man_88 on 2011-10-18 at 11:44
science_man_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 11:43   #178
schickel
 
schickel's Avatar
 
"Frank <^>"
Dec 2004
CDP Janesville

2·1,061 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by science_man_88 View Post
so clear all but test.n,command prompt and the bin folder ?

one thing that helps as a baseline:

Total time: 17.19 hours.

that comes to 17 h 11 min 24 s
(And replying again, because I hate it when someone edits their post after I read it so I miss a second part to their message.....)

You also have to keep factmsieve.pl!
schickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 11:46   #179
science_man_88
 
science_man_88's Avatar
 
"Forget I exist"
Jul 2009
Dumbassville

838410 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schickel View Post
(And replying again, because I hate it when someone edits their post after I read it so I miss a second part to their message.....)

You also have to keep factmsieve.pl!
sorry I didn't think ( and yes I know what else is new).
science_man_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 11:50   #180
schickel
 
schickel's Avatar
 
"Frank <^>"
Dec 2004
CDP Janesville

2×1,061 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by science_man_88 View Post
I don't know if I ever got the sequence down to a C102 I believe I was at a C109 but the factorization may have come across one I guess. my gnfs test.n does have the number I wanted to test ( assuming it's the right one so it will add another line) but it didn't do that one.
One thing that will not be clear unless you've got a good grasp of the workflow is that when you start the script, it does a couple of things.....say you start thew script with perl factmsieve.pl test, here is what happens:
  • Is there a file test.poly? If so, set up to sieve using that poly.
  • Is there a file test.n? If so, search for a poly for a while, then start to sieve with that poly.
  • If no *.n or *.poly, print USAGE info and exit.
That means that if you have a test.poly from the last run and only edit the test.n file, it will re-run the previous number....
schickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 11:50   #181
science_man_88
 
science_man_88's Avatar
 
"Forget I exist"
Jul 2009
Dumbassville

26·131 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by science_man_88 View Post
I don't know if I ever got the sequence down to a C102 I believe I was at a C109 but the factorization may have come across one I guess. my gnfs test.n does have the number I wanted to test ( assuming it's the right one so it will add another line) but it didn't do that one. I'm unsure if I leave factMsieve.pl in there.
even going up linearly ( I know likely best case scenario) time wise puts my current C109 at 18 h 21 min 36 seconds. if I did my math correct.
science_man_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 20:48   #182
kar_bon
 
kar_bon's Avatar
 
Mar 2006
Germany

2·3·11·43 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schickel View Post
One thing that will not be clear unless you've got a good grasp of the workflow is that when you start the script, it does a couple of things [...]
I'm using the "factmsieve.py"-version and 2 batches for easy-to-use (WIN):

1. "do.bat"
Code:
factMsieve.py test
2. "clear.bat"
Code:
ren test.n temp.n
del *test*.* spairs.save.gz .last* ggnfs.log
ren temp.n test.n
Step1: Using ggnfs for factoring, put the number in file "test.n" and call 'do'.

Step2: Before starting the next number, call 'clear' and all not used files are deleted. Goto Step1 next.

Be sure you got the factorization before calling 'clear' or remove the entry 'ggnfs.log' in 'clear.bat' (it contains the factors).
kar_bon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 01:06   #183
science_man_88
 
science_man_88's Avatar
 
"Forget I exist"
Jul 2009
Dumbassville

20C016 Posts
Default

Quote:
commencing relation filtering
estimated available RAM is 3263.4 MB
commencing duplicate removal, pass 1
error -1 reading relation 1773451
error -15 reading relation 1785764
not looking good. I may have to stop.
science_man_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 01:32   #184
science_man_88
 
science_man_88's Avatar
 
"Forget I exist"
Jul 2009
Dumbassville

26×131 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by science_man_88 View Post
not looking good. I may have to stop.
forgot to mention apparently over 1 million of the 12 million relation it says so far are hash collisions. though I did a virus scan so that might cause it.

Last fiddled with by science_man_88 on 2011-11-08 at 01:34
science_man_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 02:13   #185
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter
 
LaurV's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Thailand

863510 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by science_man_88 View Post
forgot to mention apparently over 1 million of the 12 million relation it says so far are hash collisions. though I did a virus scan so that might cause it.
That is normal. Also errors -1 and -15 happens from time to time, especially if you restart. If you have millions of them (as happened to me) then most probably you mismatched the poly or the job file. But just for a couple of them, is ok. Is normal to have 10, 20, 50 errors like that in few million relations. And hash collisions have nothing to do with the virus check.
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 12:18   #186
science_man_88
 
science_man_88's Avatar
 
"Forget I exist"
Jul 2009
Dumbassville

26·131 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurV View Post
That is normal. Also errors -1 and -15 happens from time to time, especially if you restart. If you have millions of them (as happened to me) then most probably you mismatched the poly or the job file. But just for a couple of them, is ok. Is normal to have 10, 20, 50 errors like that in few million relations. And hash collisions have nothing to do with the virus check.
thanks for the explanation.
science_man_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aliqueit.exe discussion bsquared Aliquot Sequences 579 2020-08-03 15:04
Factoring projects algorithms - What is Aliqueit ? Romuald Factoring 75 2016-08-27 09:46
Resuming aliqueit johnadam74 Aliquot Sequences 4 2016-03-28 12:32
Apparent aliqueit issue with specifying factors pakaran Aliquot Sequences 2 2015-09-12 23:10
Tried out aliqueit.exe: ggnfs failing Greebley Aliquot Sequences 35 2010-02-13 15:23

All times are UTC. The time now is 05:56.

Tue Aug 4 05:56:22 UTC 2020 up 18 days, 1:43, 0 users, load averages: 1.28, 1.29, 1.27

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.