mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Extra Stuff > Blogorrhea > ONeil

Old 2021-01-04, 23:10   #78
ONeil

Dec 2017

24010 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncwilly View Post
So address the other issues and questions I brought up in this post.

I cannot voice my opinion here, because I don't wish to be banned I'm thinking of deleting this post to satisfy the censors.
ONeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-05, 00:47   #79
Uncwilly
6809 > 6502

"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101×103 Posts

2·19·263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONeil View Post
I cannot voice my opinion here, because I don't wish to be banned I'm thinking of deleting this post to satisfy the censors.
It appears that you believe that 100,000 families in the USA are lying about losing loved ones. And that 100,000 of doctors around the world are lying about losing patients. Why would Dr in Russia, China, Italy, Sweden, the UK, the USA, Peru, Cuba, Brazil, etc., etc. all say that people are dying of this, if that is not true? Those governments can't agree on anything. And if you think that the USA is lying about this, then why to you believe the that the current squatter in the WH is saying?
Uncwilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-05, 01:07   #80
rogue

"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

6,427 Posts

Quote:
So the only credible source is what your government tells you?
You need to differentiate between opinion and fact. Journalists vet their sources for accuracy. "Personalities" are not journalists. Most people on YouTube are personalities. Most people during prime time on CNN and Fox News are personalities. Like FB, they want people to watch or like them and will say and do whatever it takes to get viewers.

IMO, I blame Section 230 for what social media has become. Trump wants Section 230 abolished so that social media cannot censor what people post. I want Section 230 abolished so that social media has more skin in the game WRT what its users post. I think that abolishing Section 230 would seriously hurt FB and "mein space", aka Parler, because they would suffer repercussions by continuing to allow the spreading of misinformation. The problem is that one can pack a lie amongst a lot of truths and for that single reason the lie will be seen as true.

Back to your question, I think that PolitiFact and snopes.com make honest attempts to determine the veracity of conspiracy theories. The problem is that many conservatives hate these sources because they view them as "liberal". Are they perfect, probably not, but they are certainly better than YouTube, FB, and Parler.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-05, 01:16   #81
rogue

"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

191B16 Posts

The difficulty that people have with the COVID numbers is that "having COVID at time of death" means to some that COVID was the sole cause of death but to others that it was a contributing factor. I think the fair question is that if someone with co-morbid conditions gets COVID, that they are far more likely to die because of COVID than the co-morbid conditions. Sure, they might eventually die of co-morbid conditions even without COVID, but we cannot predict when that would have occurred so COVID gets the blame. I think that it is fair to do that. The increase in deaths per annum certainly supports that assessment.

One thing I have wondered is if people with co-morbid conditions are dying at a younger age, will this increase average life expectancy for those who survive? If they die at a younger age, will we possibly see a reduction (short term) in overall health care costs because we are not spending $$$ to keep those people alive for additional months or years?

What saddens me is the selfish behavior I see in people who get COVID symptoms but refuse to get tested because they don't want to be forced to quarantine for two weeks. It is saying "I don't care if I go out and someone else gets COVID for me (and possibly dies) because I don't want to be inconvenienced".
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-05, 01:26   #82
ONeil

Dec 2017

24010 Posts

I'm wrong again and I apologize my mind has been muddled by the web thanks for bringing me to my senses I agree with the data Uncwilly.

In the future I will stick with factoring ok I'm on to a a big factoring python code discovery wish me luck on M109947391 sorry everyone this was a dumb post
ONeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-05, 01:56   #83
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

3·1,657 Posts

Quote:
So the only credible source is what your government tells you?
I think it is reasonable to infer from your question, that you are as ignorant as gravel about how a person's cause of death is "officially" determined. And your question is thus based on Green's Law of Debate, "Anything is possible if you don't know what you're talking about."

Do you know who makes out and signs the death certificates that give cause of death of someone who dies of natural causes while under medical care, including in a hospital? Do you care? I'll give you a hint: It's generally not a government employee or official.

So, my answer to your question is "no."
Dr Sardonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-05, 02:07   #84
MisterBitcoin

"Nuri, the dragon :P"
Jul 2016
Good old Germany

22×11×19 Posts

I am honestly concerned about the B.1.1.9 mutation and once i am on the list of vaccination i will take it.

This might be in just a few months due to my job.

The Vaccines are tested, however very rare cases of allergic reaction happen. There is no reason to be concerned about the vaccine at all.

About those "Corona is a lie"-People.

Those are idiots. Just a few weeks ago i lost a family member due to an COVID infection.
MisterBitcoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-05, 19:15   #85
Uncwilly
6809 > 6502

"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101×103 Posts

2·19·263 Posts

Quote:
I'm wrong again and I apologize my mind has been muddled by the web thanks for bringing me to my senses I agree with the data Uncwilly.

In the future I will stick with factoring ok I'm on to a a big factoring python code discovery wish me luck on M109947391 sorry everyone this was a dumb post
And be cause you and others believed idiots and not truthful scientists and diligent journalist people without COVID are also now dying because of it. The hospitals can't treat everyone.
https://www.mersenneforum.org/showpo...postcount=1243

Last fiddled with by Uncwilly on 2021-01-05 at 19:16
Uncwilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-02, 07:37   #86
mart_r

Dec 2008
you know...around...

677 Posts

Quote:
Bill is already planning how to avoid all those who die from the shots by selling this:
March 31, 2021 people will be dyeing in a an unpresented manner far worse than now just wait and see. I have feeling some of those people will be ones who got the jab.
Well, in some countries, people are dying in an unprecedented manner, especially in Brazil.
Certainly some of them died after they got their jab.
But I strongly doubt there is much of a correlation there...
(OTOH, maybe I just see an implication in your post that isn't really there...)

Last fiddled with by mart_r on 2021-04-02 at 07:40
mart_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-02, 13:40   #87
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

3×1,657 Posts

Quote:
I will not take this experimental mRNA shot thank you very much. The proteins it will produce will weaken everyone's immune response.
<snip>
March 31, 2021 people will be dyeing in a an unpresented manner far worse than now just wait and see. I have feeling some of those people will be ones who got the jab.
I haven't seen anything to support the assertion that the vaccine would "weaken everyone's immune response." On the contrary, I have heard a number of instances in which (1) people had a stronger reaction to the second shot than to the first, (2) people vaccinated soon after recovering from a COVID infection have experienced symptoms indicating a strong immune response, and (3) vaccinated people getting infected with COVID-19, but experiencing no symptoms or only mild symptoms.

I assume the poster meant "dying in an unprecedented manner," or possibly "dying in unprecedented numbers."

The number of COVID-19 deaths in the USA in December 2020 was around 63,000; in January 2021 around 79,000; and in March 2021, around 38,000.

Other than deaths from COVID-19, which have decreased as these publicly available figures show, I haven't heard of any unusual numbers of deaths in the US recently.
Dr Sardonicus is offline   Reply With Quote