mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Factoring Projects > YAFU

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2022-11-15, 12:31   #67
swellman
 
swellman's Avatar
 
Jun 2012

74108 Posts
Default

Why not just download a Windows executable? Many to choose from.

You will likely also need the ggnfs sievers on your computer if you plan on having Yafu perform NFS factoring. Yafu calls these executables from a location you specify.

And GMP-ECM if you want Yafu to run ECM, again from a location on your local machine which you specify.
swellman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-15, 14:10   #68
bsquared
 
bsquared's Avatar
 
"Ben"
Feb 2007

22·3·311 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvio View Post
Hi all! Noobie here so please bear with me. I can't compile msieve. this is what i get:
cannot find -ldl: No such file or directory
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [Makefile:279: all] Error 1
Could anybody explain how to do? Best regards
Using mingw64 (I assume with msys2/ucrt64), build msieve with WIN=1 WIN64=1 on the make command line, e.g., make all NO_ZLIB=1 WIN=1 WIN64=1

This tells the build to omit -ldl, among other things.
bsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-15, 18:43   #69
silvio
 
Nov 2022

1116 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsquared View Post
Using mingw64 (I assume with msys2/ucrt64), build msieve with WIN=1 WIN64=1 on the make command line, e.g., make all NO_ZLIB=1 WIN=1 WIN64=1

This tells the build to omit -ldl, among other things.
ok, thanks for this, iappreciate. But now:
$ make -f Makefile.mingw x86_64 NFS=1 USE_SSE41=1
make: *** No rule to make target 'x86_64'. Stop.
include/factor.h:32:10: fatal error: zlib.h: No such file or directory
silvio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-16, 12:54   #70
silvio
 
Nov 2022

218 Posts
Default

I forgot to say that I've build yafu (great piece of software!!!) in wsl-. And it works but is lame and slow compared to windows prebuild version. So my desire is to build it in windows either with msys2 or visual studio
Ciao, silvio
silvio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-16, 12:58   #71
kruoli
 
kruoli's Avatar
 
"Oliver"
Sep 2017
Porta Westfalica, DE

1,321 Posts
Default

Haven't you tried the pre-built executables from his GitHub site?
kruoli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-16, 14:22   #72
silvio
 
Nov 2022

218 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruoli View Post
Haven't you tried the pre-built executables from his GitHub site?
Yes of course, but my joy and fun in to build myself!
silvio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-16, 14:31   #73
bsquared
 
bsquared's Avatar
 
"Ben"
Feb 2007

22·3·311 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvio View Post
I forgot to say that I've build yafu (great piece of software!!!) in wsl-. And it works but is lame and slow compared to windows prebuild version. So my desire is to build it in windows either with msys2 or visual studio
Ciao, silvio
This is strange to hear. For me, wsl is far superior to the pre-built windows version, which was made with visual studio. SIQS, ECM, and NFS should all run faster in wsl. Building with mingw is probably still possible but I stopped using it for the pre-built windows executables because there were too many little usability and build issues (pipes/redirects work slightly differently; mingw/msys2 was giving me fits) and the number of things I had to debug and test grew too large.

Last fiddled with by bsquared on 2022-11-16 at 14:32
bsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-16, 15:29   #74
silvio
 
Nov 2022

1710 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsquared View Post
This is strange to hear. For me, wsl is far superior to the pre-built windows version, which was made with visual studio. SIQS, ECM, and NFS should all run faster in wsl. Building with mingw is probably still possible but I stopped using it for the pre-built windows executables because there were too many little usability and build issues (pipes/redirects work slightly differently; mingw/msys2 was giving me fits) and the number of things I had to debug and test grew too large.
Oh, I see. What about a simple guide to building with Visual Studio? Anyone?
Infinite thanks
silvio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-16, 16:34   #75
bsquared
 
bsquared's Avatar
 
"Ben"
Feb 2007

22×3×311 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvio View Post
Oh, I see. What about a simple guide to building with Visual Studio? Anyone?
Infinite thanks
1.) Obtain Visual Studio 2022
2.) Obtain mpir 3.0, ecm (latest stable release), msieve, ytools, and ysieve source dependencies
3.) Build MPIR 3.0, ECM, msieve, ytools, and ysieve, in that order, with the best options for your processor
4.) Build yafu, editing the compiler general options to include the best instruction sets for your processor and editing the linker general options to point to the various libraries you previously compiled. Some of this is done for you already if you've arranged and named your directories correctly (all next to each other)
bsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-16, 21:49   #76
silvio
 
Nov 2022

17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsquared View Post
1.) Obtain Visual Studio 2022
2.) Obtain mpir 3.0, ecm (latest stable release), msieve, ytools, and ysieve source dependencies
3.) Build MPIR 3.0, ECM, msieve, ytools, and ysieve, in that order, with the best options for your processor
4.) Build yafu, editing the compiler general options to include the best instruction sets for your processor and editing the linker general options to point to the various libraries you previously compiled. Some of this is done for you already if you've arranged and named your directories correctly (all next to each other)
Thanks for this. I believe I'd need a step-by-step guide (for dummyes).
silvio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-16, 21:52   #77
James Heinrich
 
James Heinrich's Avatar
 
"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

3·29·47 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvio View Post
Thanks for this. I believe I'd need a step-by-step guide (for dummyes).
1) go to https://github.com/bbuhrow/yafu/blob...r/yafu-x64.exe
2) click "Download"
3) you now have a Visual Studio build of YAFU.
James Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Guide to compiling YAFU Mr. Odd YAFU 4 2017-04-24 15:40
Compiling YAFU under MinGW wombatman YAFU 10 2016-01-21 19:48
Need help compiling YAFU from SVN. Stargate38 YAFU 14 2016-01-20 21:46
compiling svn 427 for Windows 64 bit. skan NFSNET Discussion 7 2012-04-18 10:30
Compiling ECM 5.0.3 for windows BotXXX Factoring 25 2005-09-13 12:24

All times are UTC. The time now is 10:59.


Thu Feb 2 10:59:27 UTC 2023 up 168 days, 8:28, 1 user, load averages: 0.62, 0.80, 0.86

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.

≠ ± ∓ ÷ × · − √ ‰ ⊗ ⊕ ⊖ ⊘ ⊙ ≤ ≥ ≦ ≧ ≨ ≩ ≺ ≻ ≼ ≽ ⊏ ⊐ ⊑ ⊒ ² ³ °
∠ ∟ ° ≅ ~ ‖ ⟂ ⫛
≡ ≜ ≈ ∝ ∞ ≪ ≫ ⌊⌋ ⌈⌉ ∘ ∏ ∐ ∑ ∧ ∨ ∩ ∪ ⨀ ⊕ ⊗ 𝖕 𝖖 𝖗 ⊲ ⊳
∅ ∖ ∁ ↦ ↣ ∩ ∪ ⊆ ⊂ ⊄ ⊊ ⊇ ⊃ ⊅ ⊋ ⊖ ∈ ∉ ∋ ∌ ℕ ℤ ℚ ℝ ℂ ℵ ℶ ℷ ℸ 𝓟
¬ ∨ ∧ ⊕ → ← ⇒ ⇐ ⇔ ∀ ∃ ∄ ∴ ∵ ⊤ ⊥ ⊢ ⊨ ⫤ ⊣ … ⋯ ⋮ ⋰ ⋱
∫ ∬ ∭ ∮ ∯ ∰ ∇ ∆ δ ∂ ℱ ℒ ℓ
𝛢𝛼 𝛣𝛽 𝛤𝛾 𝛥𝛿 𝛦𝜀𝜖 𝛧𝜁 𝛨𝜂 𝛩𝜃𝜗 𝛪𝜄 𝛫𝜅 𝛬𝜆 𝛭𝜇 𝛮𝜈 𝛯𝜉 𝛰𝜊 𝛱𝜋 𝛲𝜌 𝛴𝜎𝜍 𝛵𝜏 𝛶𝜐 𝛷𝜙𝜑 𝛸𝜒 𝛹𝜓 𝛺𝜔