mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > PrimeNet > MISFIT

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2015-03-03, 16:51   #12
TheMawn
 
TheMawn's Avatar
 
May 2013
East. Always East.

11·157 Posts
Default

03/03/2015 3:55:43 AM Work cannot be assigned due to unprocessed worktodo.add files!
E:\BENCHMARK\PRIME95\GTX670\worktodo.add

I've got a billion of these errors

Is mfaktc0.20 not "configured" by default?

Last fiddled with by TheMawn on 2015-03-03 at 16:54
TheMawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 16:58   #13
TheJudger
 
TheJudger's Avatar
 
"Oliver"
Mar 2005
Germany

1,103 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMawn View Post
03/03/2015 3:55:43 AM Work cannot be assigned due to unprocessed worktodo.add files!
E:\BENCHMARK\PRIME95\GTX670\worktodo.add

I've got a billion of these errors

Is mfaktc0.20 not "configured" by default?
This feature is new in mfaktc 0.21.

Oliver
TheJudger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 17:07   #14
TheMawn
 
TheMawn's Avatar
 
May 2013
East. Always East.

11·157 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJudger View Post
This feature is new in mfaktc 0.21.

Oliver
Oh crap! I knew there was something I forgot to do. Thanks.
TheMawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 21:18   #15
swl551
 
swl551's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
New Hampshire

2×401 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMawn View Post
Oh crap! I knew there was something I forgot to do. Thanks.
Once you download .021 be sure to change the default value from 600 to something more reasonable like 30 or 60 otherwise the .ADD file will just sit there for 20 minutes likely creating blocking conditions that MISFIT will complain.


See mfakc.ini for information on that setting.

Last fiddled with by swl551 on 2015-03-03 at 21:43 Reason: clarified situation with why 600=bad
swl551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 23:35   #16
TheMawn
 
TheMawn's Avatar
 
May 2013
East. Always East.

11·157 Posts
Default

Ugh. Sorry to be a nuisance here but which option are you talking about? I can't find any instance of "600" in mfaktc.ini or anything appearing to pertain to worktodo.add either. I've made triply sure that I have the version of mfaktc.ini which came with 0.21.
TheMawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 23:39   #17
swl551
 
swl551's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
New Hampshire

2×401 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMawn View Post
Ugh. Sorry to be a nuisance here but which option are you talking about? I can't find any instance of "600" in mfaktc.ini or anything appearing to pertain to worktodo.add either. I've made triply sure that I have the version of mfaktc.ini which came with 0.21.

From the MISFIT changelog

Quote:
See mfaktc.ini for more information on WorkFileAddDelay
swl551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 05:52   #18
TheMawn
 
TheMawn's Avatar
 
May 2013
East. Always East.

32778 Posts
Default

I absolutely cannot explain this behaviour. Maybe I'm cracking up...

When I said I made triply sure that I had the current version, I wasn't kidding. I went to my downloads folder, copied all the files to my instance folder, and selected copy and replace. Then I did a search for "worktodo.add" (no matches) "work" (several unrelated matches) and "add" (no matches). Then, I deleted mfaktc.ini, went to my downloads folder and got it again. Ran all the searches again. Then I did that again. Then I came here for help.

After your response, I started writing a reply, one line at a time, explaining exactly where I went for my files, what I'm clicking on, etc. As part of my adventure, I opened mfaktc.ini in my downloads folder, found the work file add delay option, copied mfaktc.ini over to my mfaktc folder, looked in it, and found no such option. When I tried again (for the fifth time I might add) it FINALLY copied over properly. Not a bleeding clue what was going on.


For the record, I would like it to be known that I WOULD have found that option had my file not refused to copy over properly.
TheMawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 12:53   #19
swl551
 
swl551's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
New Hampshire

2×401 Posts
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMawn View Post
I absolutely cannot explain this behaviour. Maybe I'm cracking up...

When I said I made triply sure that I had the current version, I wasn't kidding. I went to my downloads folder, copied all the files to my instance folder, and selected copy and replace. Then I did a search for "worktodo.add" (no matches) "work" (several unrelated matches) and "add" (no matches). Then, I deleted mfaktc.ini, went to my downloads folder and got it again. Ran all the searches again. Then I did that again. Then I came here for help.

After your response, I started writing a reply, one line at a time, explaining exactly where I went for my files, what I'm clicking on, etc. As part of my adventure, I opened mfaktc.ini in my downloads folder, found the work file add delay option, copied mfaktc.ini over to my mfaktc folder, looked in it, and found no such option. When I tried again (for the fifth time I might add) it FINALLY copied over properly. Not a bleeding clue what was going on.


For the record, I would like it to be known that I WOULD have found that option had my file not refused to copy over properly.
Now that made me laugh, and I think we've all had problems with computers over the years!

Last fiddled with by swl551 on 2015-03-05 at 12:57
swl551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 14:27   #20
flashjh
 
flashjh's Avatar
 
"Jerry"
Nov 2011
Vancouver, WA

112310 Posts
Default

Works great, thank you!
flashjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 21:29   #21
TheMawn
 
TheMawn's Avatar
 
May 2013
East. Always East.

110101111112 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swl551 View Post
I think we've all had problems with computers over the years!
TheMawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-09, 16:17   #22
TheMawn
 
TheMawn's Avatar
 
May 2013
East. Always East.

110101111112 Posts
Default

Okay. What in the f****** f***? Misfit has still been throwing errors about unprocessed worktodo.add files so I went to double-check that I had in fakt properly set the delay to 60 seconds... and the add delay option is not there.
TheMawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A problem with worktodo.txt fefu Information & Answers 7 2010-01-13 23:46
WorkToDo File storm5510 Software 9 2009-08-18 00:18
worktodo.ini clowns789 Software 7 2003-10-21 03:57
worktodo.ini ? kwstone Software 9 2003-07-27 06:30
worktodo.ini ThomRuley Lone Mersenne Hunters 2 2003-07-01 02:26

All times are UTC. The time now is 10:36.

Tue Mar 31 10:36:17 UTC 2020 up 6 days, 8:09, 0 users, load averages: 1.68, 1.36, 1.20

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.