mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > PrimeNet > MISFIT

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-18, 12:06   #34
swl551
 
swl551's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
New Hampshire

2×401 Posts
Default 2.5.0 released

VERSION 2.5.0
1. Added productivity information showing GhzDays Credit for completed work.
Data Calculated:
a.Last Upload
b.Last 1 day
c.Last 7 days
d.Last 30 days

This productivity information is available in four locations
a. On the main form (sans the 30 day data)
b. As part of the hover-over when minimized to sysTray (sans the 30 day data)
c. As part of the Global Work Report
d. From the menu Operations|Show Productivity Statistics

The data is gatherd from the MISFITbackups\Combined-Results*.txt files and is refreshed under the following conditions
a. On application startup
b. Whenever work is Exported via button or automation. (actual upload does not have to occur for data to be cataloged)
c. Whenever the menu Operations|Show Productivity Statistics is used.

A few notes:
1. MISFIT log purging less than 30 days will impact the calculations as data will be partial.
2. It cannot account for situations where GIMPS did not give you credit for work submitted (this should be so rare (never) that it will not mess up your metrics)
3. Data is gathered by reading from files. The more files the more I/O operations. If you do hourly uploads and don't purge your logs for a year you may actually notice a delay when MISFIT starts up. (with 30 days worth of files I/O time is around 0.071 seconds for a 7200k rpm drive on an i7)


Get from http://mersenneforum.org/misfit/
swl551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 23:39   #35
Chuck
 
Chuck's Avatar
 
May 2011
Orange Park, FL

33116 Posts
Default

Now that I have a "dual" GPU (690) I am especially happy with the automatic downloading/uploading and work balance features.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 23:42   #36
swl551
 
swl551's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
New Hampshire

32216 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Now that I have a "dual" GPU (690) I am especially happy with the automatic downloading/uploading and work balance features.
Chuck, I'm glad to hear it. We've come along since the 125% screen size issue wouldn't you say?
swl551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 00:12   #37
Chuck
 
Chuck's Avatar
 
May 2011
Orange Park, FL

81710 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swl551 View Post
Chuck, I'm glad to hear it. We've come along since the 125% screen size issue wouldn't you say?
Yes. We now have a mature application.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 01:01   #38
Chuck
 
Chuck's Avatar
 
May 2011
Orange Park, FL

14618 Posts
Default

I had not tried double-clicking before in the MISFIT window. Tonight I did a little experimenting and everything works correctly, except when I double-click on an exponent in the "Working" column.

I get one new IE tab opening on the PrimeNet site which correctly displays the exponent, then a second tab tries to open on the mersenne.ca web site but displays the message

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')' in /var/www/vhosts/mersenne.ca/httpdocs/functions.stats.inc.php on line 708

What's the scoop on this second tab?
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 01:38   #39
swl551
 
swl551's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
New Hampshire

2×401 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')' in /var/www/vhosts/mersenne.ca/httpdocs/functions.stats.inc.php on line 708

What's the scoop on this second tab?
Works fine for me so the overall functionality is not broken.

Here is what it calls... put your exponent at the end instead of mine and see what it does.
http://www.mersenne.ca/exponent.php?...tails=65660849
swl551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 01:46   #40
Chuck
 
Chuck's Avatar
 
May 2011
Orange Park, FL

33116 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swl551 View Post
Works fine for me so the overall functionality is not broken.

Here is what it calls... put your exponent at the end instead of mine and see what it does.
http://www.mersenne.ca/exponent.php?...tails=65660849
I just tried double-clicking both my exponents and both worked correctly...who knows? Maybe something was going on at James' site at the moment I tried it before?
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 02:27   #41
Dubslow
Basketry That Evening!
 
Dubslow's Avatar
 
"Bunslow the Bold"
Jun 2011
40<A<43 -89<O<-88

722110 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I just tried double-clicking both my exponents and both worked correctly...who knows? Maybe something was going on at James' site at the moment I tried it before?
Yeah, probably. That wasn't an error that you (or Scott) could have possibly caused -- James was probably fiddling.
Dubslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 14:44   #42
Chuck
 
Chuck's Avatar
 
May 2011
Orange Park, FL

19·43 Posts
Default The balance algorithm

Now that I have a dual GPU I have experienced the balance process for the first time. I would like to have some understanding of how it works. Yesterday I manually added some DCTF exponents into one of the worktodo files which already contained LLTFs.

After balance, it looked like the workload had been divided into an equal number of exponents in each worktodo file, with most of the DCTF in one file.

Today all the DCTFs have cleared out. There are 8 entries in one worktodo and 16 in the other (mostly the same, 70—>73). The configuration is set to balance when Ghz difference is > 50.

How often does the check for balance activate? Is it based on the stats updating setting? And does the balance function take into account the bitlevels to process?

I'm not complaining about anything, I just want to understand how it works.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 14:55   #43
swl551
 
swl551's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
New Hampshire

2·401 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
....How often does the check for balance activate? Is it based on the stats updating setting? And does the balance function take into account the bitlevels to process?

I'm not complaining about anything, I just want to understand how it works.
Balancing compares the count of rows in worktoDo, not ghzDays. 50 is a huge number for having only two workers. 5 or 10 is more realistic.

It runs as part of the StatsUpdate process. It never touches the top line of a workToDo and it maintains the top to bottom arrangement of the files. It can shift assignments from one card to another but keeps the overal FIFO point of view.

Last fiddled with by swl551 on 2013-03-20 at 15:10
swl551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 15:46   #44
Chuck
 
Chuck's Avatar
 
May 2011
Orange Park, FL

81710 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swl551 View Post
Balancing compares the count of rows in worktoDo, not ghzDays. 50 is a huge number for having only two workers. 5 or 10 is more realistic.

It runs as part of the StatsUpdate process. It never touches the top line of a workToDo and it maintains the top to bottom arrangement of the files. It can shift assignments from one card to another but keeps the overal FIFO point of view.
Now I see — I thought it was strange that the maximum value was 50 (thinking it to be Ghz-d). I will change this value to 5 and all will be well.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
released: MISFIT for MFAKTx version 2.11.0 (31-Jan-2017) swl551 MISFIT 13 2017-02-22 16:42
MISFIT 2.9 swl551 MISFIT 44 2014-12-15 12:46
MfaktX Controller (Windows) Mini-Geek Software 52 2014-02-18 18:27
MFAKTx speed menu (windows) swl551 Software 8 2013-03-07 00:16
(archive)mfaktXHelper - utility for managing mfaktX installations swl551 MISFIT 57 2012-08-12 03:37

All times are UTC. The time now is 09:59.

Thu Apr 9 09:59:32 UTC 2020 up 15 days, 7:32, 1 user, load averages: 0.83, 1.18, 1.25

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.