mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > PrimeNet > GPU to 72

Old 2012-04-23, 19:08   #23
Dubslow
Basketry That Evening!

"Bunslow the Bold"
Jun 2011
40<A<43 -89<O<-88

3×29×83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalsall View Post
Plus, I took the opportunity to implement a request from Dubslow from quite some time ago -- the P-1 assignment page now offers Number of CPUs / Number per CPU / [Worker #n] functionality.
Ironically, I no longer do work for GPU272 (Though hopefully I'll return at some point)
Dubslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 13:14   #24
kjaget

Jun 2005

3·43 Posts

Quote:
I know you were kidding, but so you know... What you've requested is a bit more "tricky" -- the download request was trivial.

Work on your and Dubslow's requests are already underway in the Mersenne.Info development and testing environment. Plus a couple of other things I've been wanting to implement for quite some time....
Overtake predictions based on work-per-day averages, like from the old Team Prime Rib web site? Not really a request of mine, just that it might be an interesting diversion since most of the parts already seem to be there.
kjaget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 19:31   #25
mognuts

Sep 2008
Bromley, England

2A16 Posts

Quote:
Can you test it again, and make sure it works under Internet Exploder?
It works fine with IE9. Thank you for this new feature, I will find it very useful.
mognuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 21:01   #26
Chuck

May 2011
Orange Park, FL

24·3·17 Posts
Default Show what exponents would be assigned...

Perhaps this is a silly request, it's just something that came to mind. Feel free to dismiss it.

Would it be of interest to people to see what assignments would be made (given the optional range, will factor to, and options settings selected) before actually receiving the assignments? Sort of a "preview" option?

Chuck
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 21:38   #27
cheesehead

"Richard B. Woods"
Aug 2002
Wisconsin USA

22·3·641 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Perhaps this is a silly request
No, it would serve a reasonable purpose.

Quote:
Would it be of interest to people to see what assignments would be made (given the optional range, will factor to, and options settings selected) before actually receiving the assignments? Sort of a "preview" option?
Suppose exponent XXXXXXXX is on the preview list. Between the time you see the list and the time you indicate that you want to go ahead with the assignment, exponent XXXXXXXX might be assigned to someone else. Indeed, it's possible that the none of the assignments you actually receive will be on the preview list because while you were pondering the preview list PrimeNet the relevant central assignment authority* assigned all those exponents to other non-previewing users.

One fix for that would be to place a "hold" on the exponents shown to you in the preview -- but ... There's already a workaround that has long been in use: just go ahead with your assignment request, then promptly review the list of exponents you received, then release the assignments that you don't want. You're welcome to do that (of course, you're expected to release unwanted assignments in not-too-long a time).

- - -

* Tip of the hat to Dubslow :-)

Last fiddled with by cheesehead on 2012-04-29 at 21:49 Reason: Dubslow's note, and pruning some excess verbiage
cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 21:41   #28
Dubslow
Basketry That Evening!

"Bunslow the Bold"
Jun 2011
40<A<43 -89<O<-88

3·29·83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead View Post
PrimeNet
Umm... GPU to 72 forum...

(Good post otherwise )
Dubslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 23:53   #29
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

23·1,103 Posts

Quote:
One fix for that would be to place a "hold" on the exponents shown to you in the preview
More code for me, plus an additional field in the Assignments table...

Quote:
-- but ... There's already a workaround that has long been in use: just go ahead with your assignment request, then promptly review the list of exponents you received, then release the assignments that you don't want. You're welcome to do that (of course, you're expected to release unwanted assignments in not-too-long a time).
Indeed. This technique is already used by several people. They ask for ten or so, and if they don't like them they unreserve them. If they do, then they reserve some more using the same settings.

If there was enough demand, I could add a button to the LLTF, DCTF and P-1 assignments to unreserve everything just assigned.

As an aside, please don't do this for true LL and DC assignments. They are always assigned in order of Exponent (read: lowest first), and because of the AnonSpidy trick we use any LL and DC assignments which are unreserved have to go through the un-register/re-register cycle in order to get a new AID.

Last fiddled with by chalsall on 2012-04-30 at 00:32 Reason: Smelling mistake...
chalsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 04:04   #30
cheesehead

"Richard B. Woods"
Aug 2002
Wisconsin USA

22×3×641 Posts

I should have added a note:\

Quote:
There's already a workaround that has long been in use: just go ahead with your assignment request, then promptly review the list of exponents you received, then release the assignments that you don't want.
Note that this workaround does, in effect, accomplish the same thing as the review/hold procedure, with no added code.
cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 01:38   #31
kracker
ἀβουλία

"Mr. Meeseeks"
Jan 2012
California, USA

3·5·11·13 Posts
Default Next and Previous on "Completed Assignments"

I think a next and prev. page would work here... after a while the list kinda gets... Unless you want to see everything you've done on one page... that might have been the intent.

http://gpu72.com/account/completed/
kracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 18:50   #32
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

23·1,103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kracker View Post
I think a next and prev. page would work here... after a while the list kinda gets... Unless you want to see everything you've done on one page... that might have been the intent.
Currently that report is limited to 1000 entries. Is that too much?

I could shorten that down, and add a "next" function if desired. Please let me know.
chalsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 02:31   #33
kracker
ἀβουλία

"Mr. Meeseeks"
Jan 2012
California, USA

3×5×11×13 Posts

Quote:
Currently that report is limited to 1000 entries. Is that too much?

I could shorten that down, and add a "next" function if desired. Please let me know.
Ah, I didn't know it was set to 1000, any way is fine
kracker is offline   Reply With Quote