mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > Data > mersenne.ca

Old 2021-02-27, 14:38   #529
James Heinrich

"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

23×5×83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurV View Post
If not complicate, please allow zero for the minimum number of factors. Let the default as it is (1 to 11) but allow me to change to 0 if I want 1277 to be in the list if I request exponents from 1000 to 2000
The page now allows you to specify zero factors, but it will be an exclusive request: if you select zero factors it will show only unfactored exponents, if you select 1+ factors it will only show factored exponents (as before).
James Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-28, 20:02   #530
Viliam Furik

"Viliam Furík"
Jul 2018
Martin, Slovakia

6728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Heinrich View Post
The page now allows you to specify zero factors, but it will be an exclusive request: if you select zero factors it will show only unfactored exponents, if you select 1+ factors it will only show factored exponents (as before).
The custom B1 doesn't work when 0 factors are set.
Viliam Furik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-28, 21:33   #531
James Heinrich

"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

23×5×83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viliam Furik View Post
The custom B1 doesn't work when 0 factors are set.
It should, remembering that it will be overridden if your custom B1 is smaller than the already-done B1. Can you give a specific example?
Old 2021-02-28, 22:20   #532
Viliam Furik

"Viliam Furík"
Jul 2018
Martin, Slovakia

2×13×17 Posts

Quote:
It should, remembering that it will be overridden if your custom B1 is smaller than the already-done B1. Can you give a specific example?
It works. I am not sure why I thought it doesn't. Nevermind.
Old 2021-03-02, 18:30   #533
Flaukrotist

Sep 2020
Germany

1416 Posts
Default unknown PRP status

I noticed something odd: For some exponents with certified PRP tests the residue and status are shown in the small PrimeNet details table at the top. Other exponents with an equal status don't show any information in there and also the residue is still masked in the PRP results section. Is this intended?

Example with information: https://www.mersenne.ca/exponent/101086597
Example without information: https://www.mersenne.ca/exponent/101086967
Flaukrotist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-02, 19:00   #534
James Heinrich

"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

23·5·83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaukrotist View Post
I noticed something odd: For some exponents with certified PRP tests the residue and status are shown in the small PrimeNet details table at the top. Other exponents with an equal status don't show any information in there and also the residue is still masked in the PRP results section. Is this intended?
I changed the code that prevented the PRP residue showing up top, which was specifically excluding an update in some cases. I have a vague memory of doing that some time ago, but I don't remember the reasons for doing so, so perhaps removing it will have some unwanted side-effect. Let me know if anyone spots something (else) odd.

LL double-checks made it easy to know the unmasked residue: first-time (and unmatching) results are sent from mersenne.org as masked residues, a matching double-check is sent as an unmasked residue. But now with PRP there is no double-check, the PRP check is shown with a masked residue at the time of completion, and the PRP certification that comes later basically just says "certified". I currently have no practical mechanism to fill in the now-unmasked residues.
Old 2021-03-02, 19:04   #535
preda

"Mihai Preda"
Apr 2015

101010010012 Posts

The most recent GpuOwl's P-1 calculator is here:

https://github.com/preda/gpuowl/blob/master/pm1/pm1.cpp

I dropped the equivalent python version because it was becoming laborious to maintain parallel changes to the two implementations; but the logic in the C++ version should be readable enough (IMO), and if it isn't I can answer questions.

Quote:
The P-1 probability code was re-designed by Mihai Preda in 2020-Aug.
His original code was, at the time, posted on https://github.com/preda/gpuowl/tree/master/pm1/ but I no longer see the file there that I used. I think I remember something about Mihai including a PM1 probability calculator utility with gpuowl so you might want to look into that (I could be mistaken).

I have attached my PHP version of Mihai's code, I'm not sure how easily it translates to Excel.
preda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-02, 20:11   #536
Flaukrotist

Sep 2020
Germany

22×5 Posts

Quote:
first-time (and unmatching) results are sent from mersenne.org as masked residues, a matching double-check is sent as an unmasked residue. But now with PRP there is no double-check, the PRP check is shown with a masked residue at the time of completion, and the PRP certification that comes later basically just says "certified". I currently have no practical mechanism to fill in the now-unmasked residues.
Probably the text for CERT results from merseene.org could be changed to "certified <unmasked res>" to provide similar information like the LL double-check result lines.
Flaukrotist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-02, 20:31   #537
James Heinrich

"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

332010 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaukrotist View Post
Probably the text for CERT results from merseene.org could be changed to "certified <unmasked res>" to provide similar information like the LL double-check result lines.
That would be the easy-for-me solution. However it's not so easy on mersenne.org server, it's been discussed before but it's non-trivial to relate the certification to the original PRP after the fact based on the log data. We've discussed it before but have not yet come up with a satisfactory solution.
Old 2021-03-05, 17:43   #538
Viliam Furik

"Viliam Furík"
Jul 2018
Martin, Slovakia

6728 Posts

The page seems to be non-responding, does anyone else have a problem too?

EDIT:

All working now, it seems.

Last fiddled with by Viliam Furik on 2021-03-05 at 17:55
Old 2021-03-05, 22:53   #539
Viliam Furik

"Viliam Furík"
Jul 2018
Martin, Slovakia

2×13×17 Posts

When I click on the k number in the factors list, it should direct me to the list of numbers with a factor with that k, but now it redirects me to branch list of all exponents in the database. This link should show factors with k=3960, but doesn't. Same for any other k.

Last fiddled with by Viliam Furik on 2021-03-05 at 22:54