mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > Data > mersenne.ca

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-06-10, 08:38   #639
Viliam Furik
 
Viliam Furik's Avatar
 
"Viliam Furík"
Jul 2018
Martin, Slovakia

23×5×17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axn View Post
https://www.mersenne.ca/status/tf/0/0/5/390 displays way too many all bit levels
Corrected for you, probably.

EDIT:

https://www.mersenne.ca/status/tf/0/0/5/1050 does this thing too. It seems to happen whenever all the planets are aligned exponents are at the same bit level.

Last fiddled with by Viliam Furik on 2021-06-10 at 08:42
Viliam Furik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-10, 11:27   #640
axn
 
axn's Avatar
 
Jun 2003

19·271 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viliam Furik View Post
It seems to happen whenever all the planets are aligned exponents are at the same bit level.
Pretty much looks like it. Possibly an untested code path. James H can probably fix it in two minutes
axn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-10, 18:58   #641
James Heinrich
 
James Heinrich's Avatar
 
"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

DAE16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axn View Post
https://www.mersenne.ca/status/tf/0/0/5/390 displays way too many bit levels
Thanks. This range has unexpectedly (to the code logic) all the exponents TF'd to the same level (71). I have made the code handle that case a little better.
James Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-28, 17:51   #642
James Heinrich
 
James Heinrich's Avatar
 
"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

350210 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Heinrich View Post
I'm not sure if it's possible for a factor to be both P+1 and P-1 smooth, but if one is found it will highlight that too.
https://www.mersenne.ca/pplus1.php
There is now (as of 2021-06-14) a known example of a factor that is both P+1 and P-1 smooth:
https://www.mersenne.ca/exponent/4032491
James Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-01, 20:22   #643
SethTro
 
SethTro's Avatar
 
"Seth"
Apr 2019

22·7·13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Heinrich View Post
There is now (as of 2021-06-14) a known example of a factor that is both P+1 and P-1 smooth:
https://www.mersenne.ca/exponent/4032491
I love the UI you settled on. Mersenne.ca is a gold standard for concise information display. Thanks for all the work James.
SethTro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-02, 02:33   #644
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter
 
LaurV's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Thailand

24·13·47 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethTro View Post
I love the UI you settled on. Mersenne.ca is a gold standard for concise information display. Thanks for all the work James.
+1.
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-14, 01:02   #645
James Heinrich
 
James Heinrich's Avatar
 
"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

350210 Posts
Default

There is a small issue in the nightly data sync, results will be delayed pending fix from Aaron.
edit: should be fixed now.

Last fiddled with by James Heinrich on 2021-07-14 at 13:23
James Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-17, 16:02   #646
Viliam Furik
 
Viliam Furik's Avatar
 
"Viliam Furík"
Jul 2018
Martin, Slovakia

23×5×17 Posts
Default

I just found out that five of my PRP-CFs are not recognised by the mersenne.ca PRP page as finished. It's the first five exponents on this list.

I have done PRP-CF on them, it shows up in the individual exponents' pages, but the PRP page says their status is unknown.
Viliam Furik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-17, 17:27   #647
James Heinrich
 
James Heinrich's Avatar
 
"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

2·17·103 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viliam Furik View Post
I just found out that five of my PRP-CFs are not recognised by the mersenne.ca PRP page as finished. It's the first five exponents on this list.
I'm not sure how that happened. I've checked through the database and fixed the handful of cases where PRP-CF was reported done but for some reason not logged in my PRP section. Note that some of your examples (e.g. M11,001,239) are correctly "unknown" because a new factor was found and the PRP-CF test was done on fewer factors (strangely, in that example, you yourself found the new factor the day before but then did the PRP test without it).

Thanks for reporting.
James Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-17, 17:44   #648
Viliam Furik
 
Viliam Furik's Avatar
 
"Viliam Furík"
Jul 2018
Martin, Slovakia

10101010002 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Heinrich View Post
I'm not sure how that happened. I've checked through the database and fixed the handful of cases where PRP-CF was reported done but for some reason not logged in my PRP section. Note that some of your examples (e.g. M11,001,239) are correctly "unknown" because a new factor was found and the PRP-CF test was done on fewer factors (strangely, in that example, you yourself found the new factor the day before but then did the PRP test without it).

Thanks for reporting.
That was probably by accident because I made the worktodo line manually...

I'll correct it straight away.
Viliam Furik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-18, 08:17   #649
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter
 
LaurV's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Thailand

977610 Posts
Default

On main mersenne.ca page, main menu on the right (the hamburger button) there is an option "calculate the number of digits in an exponent" (?!) - well, not much to calculate there, the exponents all we work with, in gimps range, have 9 digits at most

And, as we are here, James, can you please add one line to the manual report page, after we paste the report lines and click the "submit" button, the report that is generated should have the time at which the page is served back to me, just say "this page generated at 2021-07-18, 15:23:45", or similar. That would be very useful when we report manual results many times per day, from multiple computers.

Last fiddled with by LaurV on 2021-07-18 at 08:24
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Small inconsistencies between mersenne.org and mersenne.ca factor databases GP2 mersenne.ca 44 2016-06-19 19:29
mersenne.ca (ex mersenne-aries.sili.net) LaurV mersenne.ca 8 2013-11-25 21:01
Gaussian-Mersenne & Eisenstein-Mersenne primes siegert81 Math 2 2011-09-19 17:36
Mersenne Wiki: Improving the mersenne primes web site by FOSS methods optim PrimeNet 13 2004-07-09 13:51

All times are UTC. The time now is 08:23.


Wed Oct 20 08:23:43 UTC 2021 up 89 days, 2:52, 0 users, load averages: 2.89, 3.21, 2.94

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.