mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Factoring Projects > YAFU

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2016-11-09, 08:05   #1
aein
 
Nov 2016

11 Posts
Default YAFU make error when use CUDA=1 option

Hi
I'm using CentOS and Tesla M2050 Nvidia Graphic Card
I downloaded yafu-1.34.3 and make it with CUDA=1 and NFS=1 option but I get this error:

factor/qs/SIQS.o: In function `siqs_merge_data':
yafu-setup-package-master/yafu-1.34.3/factor/qs/SIQS.c:1020: undefined reference to `gpu_squfof_batch'
factor/qs/SIQS.o: In function `SIQS':
yafu-setup-package-master/yafu-1.34.3/factor/qs/SIQS.c:246: undefined reference to `InitCUDA'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Can anyone help me??

Last fiddled with by aein on 2016-11-09 at 08:11
aein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-09, 13:49   #2
bsquared
 
bsquared's Avatar
 
"Ben"
Feb 2007

2·1,789 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aein View Post
Hi
I'm using CentOS and Tesla M2050 Nvidia Graphic Card
I downloaded yafu-1.34.3 and make it with CUDA=1 and NFS=1 option but I get this error:

factor/qs/SIQS.o: In function `siqs_merge_data':
yafu-setup-package-master/yafu-1.34.3/factor/qs/SIQS.c:1020: undefined reference to `gpu_squfof_batch'
factor/qs/SIQS.o: In function `SIQS':
yafu-setup-package-master/yafu-1.34.3/factor/qs/SIQS.c:246: undefined reference to `InitCUDA'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Can anyone help me??
Unfortunately there is no working CUDA code in yafu. So you can just drop the CUDA=1. Also you should get and use the latest version (1.34.5) (still no CUDA).
bsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-09, 15:01   #3
aein
 
Nov 2016

1110 Posts
Default factorization using gpu

thanks for your answer bbuhrow.
is there other way to use GPU for factorization?
aein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-09, 15:03   #4
aein
 
Nov 2016

11 Posts
Default

thanks for your answer bbuhrow.
is there other way to use GPU for factorization?
aein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-09, 15:05   #5
aein
 
Nov 2016

138 Posts
Default factorization using gpu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsquared View Post
Unfortunately there is no working CUDA code in yafu. So you can just drop the CUDA=1. Also you should get and use the latest version (1.34.5) (still no CUDA).

thanks for your answer bbuhrow.
is there other way to use GPU for factorization?
aein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-09, 15:20   #6
bsquared
 
bsquared's Avatar
 
"Ben"
Feb 2007

2×1,789 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aein View Post
thanks for your answer bbuhrow.
is there other way to use GPU for factorization?
msieve can use it during the first stage (polynomial selection) of NFS. That's about it as far as I know, for publically available software.
bsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-09, 15:50   #7
EdH
 
EdH's Avatar
 
"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

22×7×11×13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aein View Post
...
is there other way to use GPU for factorization?
The latest version of GMP-ECM (7.0..) can be compiled with GPU support for stage 1, but you need to inquire about it in the GMP-ECM section with a new thread. I only know of its existence and don't have it running yet.

Last fiddled with by EdH on 2016-11-09 at 15:51 Reason: extra, specific info
EdH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-10, 09:49   #8
xilman
Bamboozled!
 
xilman's Avatar
 
"π’‰Ίπ’ŒŒπ’‡·π’†·π’€­"
May 2003
Down not across

5·7·313 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdH View Post
The latest version of GMP-ECM (7.0..) can be compiled with GPU support for stage 1, but you need to inquire about it in the GMP-ECM section with a new thread. I only know of its existence and don't have it running yet.
No need for a new thread because http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=21694 already exists.

The GPU version works very well for me but it no longer runs on Compute Capability 1.x devices, all of which are rather old and slow now.
xilman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-10, 14:41   #9
EdH
 
EdH's Avatar
 
"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

22·7·11·13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilman View Post
No need for a new thread because http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=21694 already exists.

The GPU version works very well for me but it no longer runs on Compute Capability 1.x devices, all of which are rather old and slow now.
Thanks! Excellent, yet disappointing - all my devices are 1.x.
EdH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-10, 16:08   #10
xilman
Bamboozled!
 
xilman's Avatar
 
"π’‰Ίπ’ŒŒπ’‡·π’†·π’€­"
May 2003
Down not across

1095510 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdH View Post
Thanks! Excellent, yet disappointing - all my devices are 1.x.
It might be possible to resurrect an old binary which may work on your kit. Some of my old backup files might contain the needful.

Even if it's possible, I can guarantee that you'll hit the bug where stage 2 won't find a factor unless a save file is created at the end of stage 1 and the cpu is then used to complete the computation. That one was fixed relatively recently.

If you wish to continue we should take it to email and also bring in Cyril for his assistance if possible.
xilman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-10, 23:08   #11
EdH
 
EdH's Avatar
 
"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

22·7·11·13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilman View Post
It might be possible to resurrect an old binary which may work on your kit. Some of my old backup files might contain the needful.

Even if it's possible, I can guarantee that you'll hit the bug where stage 2 won't find a factor unless a save file is created at the end of stage 1 and the cpu is then used to complete the computation. That one was fixed relatively recently.

If you wish to continue we should take it to email and also bring in Cyril for his assistance if possible.
Thank you for the offer, but for now, let's let it sit. I'm not sure which way I'd like to play, or what time I'll have to spend. (I always spend more time than I should on my computers.) I would hate to have you too involved and my commitment too little.

I think I'm between OSes for CUDA, as well. I think I was using Fedora 21 and Ubuntu 14.04 with CUDA 6 on both machines. I was actually programming on one of them, playing with seeing if I could "parallelize" my cycle searches. But, even that knowledge is somewhat cloudy.

If I do get a card back up, maybe I'll PM you for some help.

Thanks much...
EdH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
error when running msieve 1.53 with cuda aein Msieve 9 2019-02-25 14:09
I'm getting an error when yafu wants to start lattice sieving Hailstone YAFU 30 2018-05-23 19:33
Make sound with on Error (Stress Test) Zerowalker Software 7 2017-12-22 00:53
Error installing Yafu on Mac craneduitre YAFU 1 2016-06-25 20:35
Problem / Error using the "Time..." option petrw1 PrimeNet 1 2011-07-04 17:04

All times are UTC. The time now is 19:04.


Thu Oct 21 19:04:45 UTC 2021 up 90 days, 13:33, 1 user, load averages: 1.41, 1.58, 1.57

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.