mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > New To GIMPS? Start Here! > Information & Answers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2016-01-26, 17:33   #1
shahabmp
 
Jan 2016

3 Posts
Default why works on m11846267

why my prime95 work on this number? is that right?
shahabmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-26, 18:06   #2
ET_
Banned
 
ET_'s Avatar
 
"Luigi"
Aug 2002
Team Italia

11·439 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahabmp View Post
why my prime95 work on this number? is that right?
I suppose it's doing ECM factoring. It is right if you have a not quite new hardware, or if you limited your computing time below 24/7.
ET_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-26, 19:19   #3
shahabmp
 
Jan 2016

310 Posts
Default i cant under stand

see M(74207281) founded, so why my number is less than this one
shahabmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-26, 19:36   #4
chalsall
If I May
 
chalsall's Avatar
 
"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

996110 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahabmp View Post
see M(74207281) founded, so why my number is less than this one
It depends on how fast your computer is; slower machines are given work appropriate for their ability to complete the assignment in a timely fashion.

What are the specifications of your machine?

Please see the second half of this page to get an idea as to why you might have been assigned ECM work.
chalsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-27, 04:20   #5
shahabmp
 
Jan 2016

3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalsall View Post
It depends on how fast your computer is; slower machines are given work appropriate for their ability to complete the assignment in a timely fashion.

What are the specifications of your machine?

Please see the second half of this page to get an idea as to why you might have been assigned ECM work.
tnx
shahabmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OK now I know the proxy REALLY works Chuck GPU to 72 12 2012-08-15 13:21
Copying Latex No Longer Works? jinydu Information & Answers 2 2009-03-16 02:39
How it works? kuratkull Software 12 2007-03-16 13:40
DC guide to building ecm client no longer works(my theory inside) jasong Software 16 2006-07-20 20:14
Dialup with command line version works well dsouza123 NFSNET Discussion 5 2003-10-12 03:00

All times are UTC. The time now is 10:00.


Sun Oct 24 10:00:08 UTC 2021 up 93 days, 4:29, 0 users, load averages: 1.02, 0.95, 0.93

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.