mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Extra Stuff > Hobbies

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-03-17, 11:02   #12
Patrick123
 
Patrick123's Avatar
 
Jan 2006
JHB, South Africa

157 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99.94 View Post
As a result of all those sixes the sponsor (the manufacturer of Johnny Walker whisky) has had to cough up $1 million (US) to a Carribean charity.

And if England is going to pull her socks up, she had better get going. Crushed yesterday by New Zealand.


It's Winter up there, obviously they have not warmed up yet!!!

Regards
Patrick
Patrick123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 12:27   #13
davar55
 
davar55's Avatar
 
May 2004
New York City

22×7×151 Posts
Default Why not?

Why, I just needed a place to post a hobby note,
and happened upon this old miscellaneous hobby thread.

Why? Because I'm eagerly awaiting my nfl team possibly
getting into the superbowl this year if they win their
conference title tomorrow (sunday, 1/23/11).

Go Jets !!
davar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 13:04   #14
davieddy
 
davieddy's Avatar
 
"Lucan"
Dec 2006
England

2×3×13×83 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davar55 View Post
Why, I just needed a place to post a hobby note,
and happened upon this old miscellaneous hobby thread.

Why? Because I'm eagerly awaiting my nfl team possibly
getting into the superbowl this year if they win their
conference title tomorrow (sunday, 1/23/11).

Go Jets !!
Never on a Sunday
davieddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 14:30   #15
davar55
 
davar55's Avatar
 
May 2004
New York City

22×7×151 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davieddy View Post
Never on a Sunday
Great song, bad philosophy.
davar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 22:10   #16
davieddy
 
davieddy's Avatar
 
"Lucan"
Dec 2006
England

2×3×13×83 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davar55 View Post
Great song, bad philosophy.
Agree om both counts.
Never stopped me!

David
davieddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 21:37   #17
davar55
 
davar55's Avatar
 
May 2004
New York City

22×7×151 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davar55 View Post
Why, I just needed a place to post a hobby note,
and happened upon this old miscellaneous hobby thread.

Why? Because I'm eagerly awaiting my nfl team possibly
getting into the superbowl this year if they win their
conference title tomorrow (sunday, 1/23/11).

Go Jets !!
Oh well.

New York Jets beaten 2011/1/23 by Pittsburgh Steelers.
Final score Steelers 24 Jets 19.

Jets were down 24-0, scored a field goal to be
down 24-3 at halftime, then scored a 7 point TD,
a 2 point safety, and a 7 point TD, only to fail
to score the go-ahead TD.

BTW 2, 3, 7, and 19 are Mersenne Prime Exponents.

But 2^2011 - 1 is not prime.

I wonder how it factors .....
davar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 22:08   #18
petrw1
1976 Toyota Corona years forever!
 
petrw1's Avatar
 
"Wayne"
Nov 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada

3×5×172 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davar55 View Post
But 2^2011 - 1 is not prime.

I wonder how it factors .....
http://www.mersenne.org/report_expon...&B1=Get+status
petrw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 23:30   #19
Mini-Geek
Account Deleted
 
Mini-Geek's Avatar
 
"Tim Sorbera"
Aug 2006
San Antonio, TX USA

10000101010112 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrw1 View Post
And the 558 digit cofactor is composite, so that's not the whole story. Might be a while before we know any more of its factors, though...
Mini-Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 13:50   #20
cmd
 
cmd's Avatar
 
"(^r'°:.:)^n;e'e"
Nov 2008
;t:.:;^

33×37 Posts
Default

cf

..p base36 | ( 385 )


Code:
pylqan8yonlnehgbfkhnovjhzjgr02wvddz4ft1oij2uxzhze6bp6n1711r7stfj1poj2kqspp6d09z7c3pffw74hsgo95j5ys1hqgd7yz4yymicdcobuhau
vqd3zq188sn0gksgnhsjfruqfet2l78g0md4h8f47ltiyaiauvd5fnsafoxppsnv4f5nstox8l65jkzh2jnx6sbvmt4sku46zor1zy4rvdwwzxz3et8ll7ls
wiqtjr5raa0j74ax26rwmnesw1ym43qfbt0dgc48esz0tpfn8mghqbu283rqyw5sygi858wbkbge5t58p1bm77qyg5z2kavyqyy8o6xsxwixfah57ui4ygum
651sapeuq4mdnxzjo7h7qg3hj

Last fiddled with by cmd on 2011-01-26 at 13:52 Reason: base 1o ( 6oo )
cmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 20:49   #21
davar55
 
davar55's Avatar
 
May 2004
New York City

22×7×151 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Geek View Post
And the 558 digit cofactor is composite, so that's not the whole story. Might be a while before we know any more of its factors, though...
Just thought I'd put the two known prime factors here,
saves future lookups.

2^2011-1 = Factored 2171881, 544919289684132720332849364364039531371953

If I count on my fingers correctly, that means

2^2011 - 1 = p7 * p42 * c558

I like to give long primes or composites as five lead digits, five dots,
and five terminal digits, e.g 10^100 - 9 = c100 = 99999.....99991

So the factors are p7 * p42 = 54491.....71953 * c558 = abcde.....vwxyz.

Could someone solve for a,b,c,d,e,v,w,x,y,z ?
davar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 21:03   #22
xilman
Bamboozled!
 
xilman's Avatar
 
May 2003
Down not across

2×5,101 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davar55 View Post
Just thought I'd put the two known prime factors here,
saves future lookups.

2^2011-1 = Factored 2171881, 544919289684132720332849364364039531371953

If I count on my fingers correctly, that means

2^2011 - 1 = p7 * p42 * c558

I like to give long primes or composites as five lead digits, five dots,
and five terminal digits, e.g 10^100 - 9 = c100 = 99999.....99991

So the factors are p7 * p42 = 54491.....71953 * c558 = abcde.....vwxyz.

Could someone solve for a,b,c,d,e,v,w,x,y,z ?
I can but won't.

Come on --- it's a trivial matter with a multiprecision calculator and not much harder with a simple 10-digit pocket calclulator.

Paul
xilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


All times are UTC. The time now is 14:21.

Sat Aug 15 14:21:56 UTC 2020 up 2 days, 10:57, 1 user, load averages: 2.36, 2.00, 1.88

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.