mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > Conjectures 'R Us

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-11-19, 15:47   #122
KEP
Quasi Admin Thing
 
KEP's Avatar
 
May 2005

11110101102 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
That may take a while: I have a 360 GB auto-backup drive affectionally referred to as "The book" by the computer store that I got it from 2 months ago.

Good luck filling THAT up! Perhaps if you sent me all primes for n>10 for all k up to 63G! (lol) The drive cost ~$80. If you guys somehow fill it up, you get to buy me another one! he-he-he

The largest space being used for results is (surprisingly) NOT by NPLB nor by base 3 (YET!), it is for my "all" twin prime search, which is currently stalled in the n=50K range for all k<1M. At about 600-700 tests per n-value at a sieve-depth of P=60G, the results for it are eating a large chunk of one of my 2 GB flash drives right now. Once they pass about 1.5 GB, I'll have to dump it to the book.

Edit: I just checked my Email. Chris, you don't need to send me primes for n<1000. Yes, you would fill up the book with THAT! Kenneth, weren't you telling people to just send me primes for n>1000? I think we agreed that we can quickly reconstruct primes n<1000 when it is needed.

I'm only going to save off the primes to my hard drive that were sent for n>1000. I won't delete the Email until later.


Gary
If you're only interested in recieving the primes above n=1000 then I have to change the instructions, so expect from the rookies to recieve all n primes and from me to recieve only those above 1000. This also means that I stop reconstructing the primes for k<250M for n<=500. In the future I will only send those to you which has n>1000, but expect nothing like that from the users not familiar with using sieve for some part of the search.

Regards

KEP

Ps. I'll try to put up some instructions on how to run with the use of sieve, since it is faster to use sive for n>1000, however it involves a bit more instruction, and I think that these instructions is not quite there yet.

Thanks for understanding!
KEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 17:20   #123
michaf
 
michaf's Avatar
 
Jan 2005

479 Posts
Default Better results

Indeed, I must have made a mistake someplace before:

The _real_ left-over k's for range 500-510 are:

Code:
500145402
500968542
501526364
501628284
501947956
502362446
502579034
502598216
502683156
502732374
503092266
503163566
503210228
503449428
503961636
504291412
504632274
505022722
505107656
505118318
505145078
505222342
505418852
505452236
506017942
506089034
506142848
506187022
506199006
506573908
506664016
506983772
507098062
507440456
507551554
508092638
508213728
508556816
508570676
508647428
508849246
509119594
509258192
509361646
509511018
509884904
509938334
It also took noticable longer to process :)
michaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 17:36   #124
henryzz
Just call me Henry
 
henryzz's Avatar
 
"David"
Sep 2007
Liverpool (GMT/BST)

37·163 Posts
Default

i did up to 2500 with pfgw so i have a file sorted by k of primes for n values from 0 to 2500
do u have a script that will split them
i will do it different next time if u want
i you push me i will do up to 1000 again
henryzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 09:27   #125
kar_bon
 
kar_bon's Avatar
 
Mar 2006
Germany

2,999 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryzz View Post
i did up to 2500 with pfgw so i have a file sorted by k of primes for n values from 0 to 2500
do u have a script that will split them
i will do it different next time if u want
i you push me i will do up to 1000 again
you don't need a script.
in DOS try 'help sort':
you can sort a text-file beginning at position 10 like this (assuming the pfgw-file contains one k-n-pair per line):

sort /+10 input.txt >sorted.txt

so the file will be sorted by the second number (here n).
edit the '+10' to the length you need.

Last fiddled with by kar_bon on 2008-11-20 at 09:29
kar_bon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 16:44   #126
henryzz
Just call me Henry
 
henryzz's Avatar
 
"David"
Sep 2007
Liverpool (GMT/BST)

37·163 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar_bon View Post
you don't need a script.
in DOS try 'help sort':
you can sort a text-file beginning at position 10 like this (assuming the pfgw-file contains one k-n-pair per line):

sort /+10 input.txt >sorted.txt

so the file will be sorted by the second number (here n).
edit the '+10' to the length you need.
thanks that should work
i will do it when everything else is finished this weekend
henryzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 23:43   #127
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
"Gary"
May 2007
Overland Park, KS

2·5·1,181 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEP View Post
If you're only interested in recieving the primes above n=1000 then I have to change the instructions, so expect from the rookies to recieve all n primes and from me to recieve only those above 1000. This also means that I stop reconstructing the primes for k<250M for n<=500. In the future I will only send those to you which has n>1000, but expect nothing like that from the users not familiar with using sieve for some part of the search.

Regards

KEP

Ps. I'll try to put up some instructions on how to run with the use of sieve, since it is faster to use sive for n>1000, however it involves a bit more instruction, and I think that these instructions is not quite there yet.

Thanks for understanding!

Kenneth,

I didn't know this was going to be some big hassle to only send me primes for n>1000.

What is easiest for you that does NOT involve sending me every prime?! lol

I'm fine receiving all primes for n>500 if that is easier.


Gary

Last fiddled with by gd_barnes on 2008-11-23 at 00:00
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 00:05   #128
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
"Gary"
May 2007
Overland Park, KS

2×5×1,181 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaf View Post
Indeed, I must have made a mistake someplace before:

The _real_ left-over k's for range 500-510 are:

Code:
500145402
500968542
501526364
501628284
501947956
502362446
502579034
502598216
502683156
502732374
503092266
503163566
503210228
503449428
503961636
504291412
504632274
505022722
505107656
505118318
505145078
505222342
505418852
505452236
506017942
506089034
506142848
506187022
506199006
506573908
506664016
506983772
507098062
507440456
507551554
508092638
508213728
508556816
508570676
508647428
508849246
509119594
509258192
509361646
509511018
509884904
509938334
It also took noticable longer to process :)
Kenneth,

I double-checked the removal of multiples of the base (MOB) with your site. Looks great! There were no k's remaining that are divisible by 3. A total of 12 were eliminated leaving 35 k's remaining for the range. Nice work!

I will no longer check the removal of MOB's. You've got it!

Something does smell a little bit fishy here though:
Code:
k-range   k's remaining
500M-505M    8
505M-510M   27
510M-515M   15
515M-520M   30
This 8 k's remaining for such a high k=5M range at n=25K is a fairly extreme deviation from normal and that 1st range was originally a problem range. I'm kind of wondering about it. What does everyone think?


Gary

Last fiddled with by gd_barnes on 2008-11-23 at 01:49
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 00:45   #129
Flatlander
I quite division it
 
Flatlander's Avatar
 
"Chris"
Feb 2005
England

31·67 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
...
Something does smell a little bit fishy here though:
[code]
k-range k's remaining
500M-505M 8
505M-510M 27
510M-515M 15
515M-520M 30

This 8 k's remaining for such a high k=5M range at n=25K is a fairly extreme deviation from normal and that 1st range was originally a problem range. I'm kind of wondering about it. What does everyone think?


Gary
Let me know if you want me to do some double-checking.

Last fiddled with by Flatlander on 2008-11-23 at 00:45
Flatlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 06:47   #130
KEP
Quasi Admin Thing
 
KEP's Avatar
 
May 2005

2×491 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
Kenneth,

I didn't know this was going to be some big hassle to only send me primes for n>1000.

What is easiest for you that does NOT involve sending me every prime?! lol

I'm fine receiving all primes for n>500 if that is easier.


Gary
It is not a big hassle, but for the rookies unfamiliar with sieving it is going to be more difficult to participate in the project. However once I get the proper instructions created everyone will be able to participate and send you only the primes for n>1000 (like I'll do in the future)

KEP
KEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 08:30   #131
henryzz
Just call me Henry
 
henryzz's Avatar
 
"David"
Sep 2007
Liverpool (GMT/BST)

37×163 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar_bon View Post
you don't need a script.
in DOS try 'help sort':
you can sort a text-file beginning at position 10 like this (assuming the pfgw-file contains one k-n-pair per line):

sort /+10 input.txt >sorted.txt

so the file will be sorted by the second number (here n).
edit the '+10' to the length you need.
unfortunately this has not worked
it produced a file with n values in the order
Code:
1
10
100
1000
1001
etc.
which is not very easy to split

Last fiddled with by henryzz on 2008-11-23 at 08:30
henryzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 13:42   #132
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
"Gary"
May 2007
Overland Park, KS

2×5×1,181 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
Let me know if you want me to do some double-checking.

Chris, can you double-check the k=500M-505M range? I messed around with it for a bit but don't feel I can spare the resources at the moment...too many other efforts going on.


Thanks,
Gary
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bases 251-500 reservations/statuses/primes gd_barnes Conjectures 'R Us 2502 2023-01-28 17:08
Bases 33-100 reservations/statuses/primes Siemelink Conjectures 'R Us 1751 2023-01-21 20:37
Bases 101-250 reservations/statuses/primes gd_barnes Conjectures 'R Us 1010 2023-01-20 17:22
Bases 6-32 reservations/statuses/primes gd_barnes Conjectures 'R Us 1420 2022-12-30 17:20
Sierp base 3 reservations/statuses/primes gd_barnes Conjectures 'R Us 423 2022-11-24 15:47

All times are UTC. The time now is 10:24.


Tue Jan 31 10:24:54 UTC 2023 up 166 days, 7:53, 0 users, load averages: 0.84, 0.93, 0.99

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.

≠ ± ∓ ÷ × · − √ ‰ ⊗ ⊕ ⊖ ⊘ ⊙ ≤ ≥ ≦ ≧ ≨ ≩ ≺ ≻ ≼ ≽ ⊏ ⊐ ⊑ ⊒ ² ³ °
∠ ∟ ° ≅ ~ ‖ ⟂ ⫛
≡ ≜ ≈ ∝ ∞ ≪ ≫ ⌊⌋ ⌈⌉ ∘ ∏ ∐ ∑ ∧ ∨ ∩ ∪ ⨀ ⊕ ⊗ 𝖕 𝖖 𝖗 ⊲ ⊳
∅ ∖ ∁ ↦ ↣ ∩ ∪ ⊆ ⊂ ⊄ ⊊ ⊇ ⊃ ⊅ ⊋ ⊖ ∈ ∉ ∋ ∌ ℕ ℤ ℚ ℝ ℂ ℵ ℶ ℷ ℸ 𝓟
¬ ∨ ∧ ⊕ → ← ⇒ ⇐ ⇔ ∀ ∃ ∄ ∴ ∵ ⊤ ⊥ ⊢ ⊨ ⫤ ⊣ … ⋯ ⋮ ⋰ ⋱
∫ ∬ ∭ ∮ ∯ ∰ ∇ ∆ δ ∂ ℱ ℒ ℓ
𝛢𝛼 𝛣𝛽 𝛤𝛾 𝛥𝛿 𝛦𝜀𝜖 𝛧𝜁 𝛨𝜂 𝛩𝜃𝜗 𝛪𝜄 𝛫𝜅 𝛬𝜆 𝛭𝜇 𝛮𝜈 𝛯𝜉 𝛰𝜊 𝛱𝜋 𝛲𝜌 𝛴𝜎𝜍 𝛵𝜏 𝛶𝜐 𝛷𝜙𝜑 𝛸𝜒 𝛹𝜓 𝛺𝜔