mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Other Stuff > Archived Projects > 15k Search

Old 2005-10-28, 16:14   #34
Citrix

Jun 2003

3·521 Posts

In my opinion since the project was started by Shane, he should get complete control of all k's that are divisible by 15. I vote that Shane should have the first choice on all 15*k's.

For the other smaller projects (low wt & k<300) since they were started by Joss and others, they should stay here and Shane should not try to move them to Yahoo!

Citrix
Old 2005-10-28, 17:46   #35
masser

Jul 2003
wear a mask

5·277 Posts

Shane can't have complete control over 15k's. That's just silly. And from what he's posted here, I don't think he wants that.

His initial post above was in no way mean-spirited and doesn't seem to merit all of the negative attention it has received.

I suggest:

1. We rename our Project and Sub-Forum "Riesel Search" or something general like that.

2. (For those worried about the Primes Pages standings) Maybe we can contact Chris Caldwell and have our prover codes credit the new project name and remove the 15k credit.

3. Keep an eye on Shane/TTn/L9's activities at the Yahoo forum, just to make sure we aren't duplicating his work.

Best regards,
masser
Old 2005-10-28, 23:44   #36
Kosmaj

Nov 2003

2·1,811 Posts

Shane,

I don't want to discuss any conditions with you and we are done here.

I'm leaving your "15k Search" project and together with the others we are going to start our own project soon. That will be discussed in another thread. This invalidates my offer that you control fix n search and k's listed on the "Robinson weight" page. We, like everybody else, are free to search for whatever primes we want.
Old 2005-10-29, 00:09   #37
Citrix

Jun 2003

156310 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by masser
Keep an eye on Shane/TTn/L9's activities at the Yahoo forum, just to make sure we aren't duplicating his work.

Best regards,
masser
If you are then who gets to decide who will do the work?

Citrix
Old 2005-10-29, 17:19   #38
grobie

Sep 2005
Raleigh, North Carolina

337 Posts

L9, dont get me wrong here, I love what TTn has done here, the format is just what I'm looking for to be a member of, and if wanting to give my cycle times from my boxes is getting a free ride, then yes I am. I have NEVER ask for anything here but just to participate, so I took it personal when you said that. I hope things can be worked out. My one and ONLY concern is doing a k and not being able to have a way to post in a forum I will not join (and its not because of you, I like you from the posts we traded, its yahoo I'm upset about)

This post is to clear something that has got misunderstood, So dont ever say I'm in it for a free ride. I'm not

Grobie - Tony
Old 2005-10-30, 00:25   #39
L9_

23·3·5·73 Posts

Thanks for the support guys,
The only thing going to yahoo will be native to the original search.
L9 will yield to this forum for in whatever way seems reasonable.

However, EFF candidates remain fair game.
Ofcourse as Kosmaj has said
"We, like everybody else, are free to search for whatever primes we want."
Overall this would probably spark more competition, and development, if it were to become trendy. A concept that has been thought about early on.
If there is no reasonable solution reached, all are fair game to poach.
I have developed stategies for this, just in case of such an event.

Grobie,
Sorry, that comment was not intented towards you. I feel really bad.
The context was also wrong. It was meant towards moderation in general.

L9 has decided to fund a new home, and a similar style forum for 15k.
The problem is that it's going to take months to finish securely.
RMA.NET 0.9 must also be completed within that time, so that mult-instancing works, on all machines.

Old 2005-10-30, 03:41   #40
grobie

Sep 2005
Raleigh, North Carolina

5218 Posts

great, all is good. Now this is the tone that all will be acceptable too, and a discussion can go foward to what & how things can go to most everyone satisfaction. This group has come a long way from what I can read & I hate to see it torn apart.