mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Extra Stuff > Soap Box

Old 2022-11-10, 19:38   #540
RMLabrador

"Chereztynnoguzakidai"
Oct 2022
Ukraine, near Kyiv.

53 Posts

You do not understand. Near Kyiv, near Irpin river in april this year, we kill not hundreds but thousand of Ivans on every 500 meters aroud MILES and they leave only when ivans run out

Last fiddled with by RMLabrador on 2022-11-10 at 19:51
RMLabrador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-11, 20:13   #541
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

622810 Posts

The city of Kherson, Ukraine
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kherson_ukraine.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	27612  
Dr Sardonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-11, 20:27   #542
RMLabrador

"Chereztynnoguzakidai"
Oct 2022
Ukraine, near Kyiv.

53 Posts

https://t.me/izvestia/111488
Bridge destruction. At naked eye ~ 2+ tons of TNT
this is not US gift rockets i.e. max 300-400 kg (may be x1.2) of TNT
and this is not russians too)))
so Moscow
Moscow just received a warm, sweet f@cking warning...
in 1991, Ukraine was a third Word Power

Last fiddled with by Dr Sardonicus on 2022-11-11 at 20:37 Reason: fignix topsy
RMLabrador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-13, 01:39   #543
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

141248 Posts

Russia's stooge Alexander Fomin in Kherson declared Henichesk the "temporary" capital of Kherson Oblast after the occupiers left the City of Kherson. I think he got the "temporary" right.

And more right than he knew. The occupation administration now describes Fomin as a "former staffer" who had no authority to make such a claim, and says no decisions about relocating the capital have been officially approved.

As it turns out, Henichesk (also transliterated as Henychesk) was where a brave Ukrainian woman confronted Russian soldiers, as shown in the video linked in this post.

She not only offered them sunflower seeds to put in their pockets so they would grow when "they all lie down," she put a curse on them.

No, no, this is no place for an occupation government's regional capital...

Last fiddled with by Dr Sardonicus on 2022-11-13 at 01:40 Reason: gifnix posty
Old 2022-11-13, 02:22   #544
kriesel

"TF79LL86GIMPS96gpu17"
Mar 2017
US midwest

11100110010112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Sardonicus View Post
where a brave Ukrainian woman confronted Russian soldiers, as shown in the video linked in this post.
Russia has solved the problem of such occurrences, with their soldiers creating mass graves of civilians of a neighboring nation with bound hands. In a just world, such soldiers and more importantly their leadership will get their chance to fertilize Ukraine's fields, soon.
kriesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-13, 02:36   #545
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

1108710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriesel View Post
Russia has solved the problem of such occurrences, with their soldiers creating mass graves of civilians of a neighboring nation with bound hands. In a just world, such soldiers and more importantly their leadership will get their chance to fertilize Ukraine's fields, soon.
The saddest thing, in my mind, is Russia was once our ally.

"Their boys", to use the language of the day, fought hard.

This game currently being played makes absolutely no sense to me. But, then, I'm not on that pay scale.
chalsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-13, 02:40   #546
a1call

"Rashid Naimi"
Oct 2015
Remote to Here/There

23×293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriesel View Post
What just world?
Isn't that an oxymoron?
a1call is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-13, 04:52   #547
Uncwilly
6809 > 6502

"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101×103 Posts

1089510 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalsall View Post
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Uncwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-13, 05:27   #548
Batalov

"Serge"
Mar 2008
Phi(4,2^7658614+1)/2

3×7×479 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalsall View Post

"Their boys", to use the language of the day, fought hard.

This game currently being played makes absolutely no sense to me. But, then, I'm not on that pay scale.
The saddest thing is actually that you don't understand that U.S.S.R. ≠ Russia.
Many of "their boys" were Ukrainians, Kazakhs, Armenians, Georgians (including one Joseph Stalin), Byelorussians, Lithuanians, and on and on.

Use "G-Translate" to your language for this video, the results are fairly decent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJc4sYBkgtA
The gist of it is: if you don't pick up your garbage and instead remove all pesticides and all cleaning for your house - your can count on rats colonizing your house.
Similarly, if you don't do anything special, only burn out with hot iron all independent thought, and promote folks who kiss their superiors' asses, - you will get fascism, and as Russia's experience shows all you need is 20-25 years and there you have it, full blown.
It is not hard to achieve. Fascism (like vacuum) is a simple ground state, the floor, to get it - you simply have to do (nearly) nothing. Fascism is easy to cultivate in any given (autocratic) country. Just follow those simple rules.
Batalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-13, 13:14   #549
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

141248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batalov View Post
<snip>
Similarly, if you don't do anything special, only burn out with hot iron all independent thought, and promote folks who kiss their superiors' asses, - you will get fascism, and as Russia's experience shows all you need is 20-25 years and there you have it, full blown.
It is not hard to achieve. Fascism (like vacuum) is a simple ground state, the floor, to get it - you simply have to do (nearly) nothing. Fascism is easy to cultivate in any given (autocratic) country. Just follow those simple rules.
The familiar quotation, "Eternal vigilance is the price of freedom" seems apropos. It is usually attributed to Thomas Jefferson, despite the apparent lack of evidence that he ever said or wrote this. There are similar quotations going back to the early Nineteenth Century.

We also have the following, which originated during my own lifetime, and which I have posted before.
Quote:
I had also hoped that the white moderate would reject the myth concerning time in relation to the struggle for freedom. I have just received a letter from a white brother in Texas. He writes: "All Christians know that the colored people will receive equal rights eventually, but it is possible that you are in too great a religious hurry. It has taken Christianity almost two thousand years to accomplish what it has. The teachings of Christ take time to come to earth." Such an attitude stems from a tragic misconception of time, from the strangely irrational notion that there is something in the very flow of time that will inevitably cure all ills. Actually, time itself is neutral; it can be used either destructively or constructively. More and more I feel that the people of ill will have used time much more effectively than have the people of good will. We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people but for the appalling silence of the good people. Human progress never rolls in on wheels of inevitability; it comes through the tireless efforts of men willing to be co workers with God, and without this hard work, time itself becomes an ally of the forces of social stagnation.
Martin Luther King, Jr. Letter from Birmingham Jail (April 16, 1963)
Old 2022-11-13, 21:29   #550
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

2B4F16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batalov View Post
It is not hard to achieve. Fascism (like vacuumconsider) is a simple ground state, the floor, to get it - you simply have to do (nearly) nothing. Fascism is easy to cultivate in any given (autocratic) country. Just follow those simple rules.
Thank you for that. Sincerely.

High bandwidth; almost all signal.

I keep thinking to myself how lucky I am to have been born when and where (and with whom) I was.

I understand the importance of experimentation. But when it comes to lives (particularly humans), I find it sad when the kindest path is not taken.
chalsall is offline   Reply With Quote