mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Fun Stuff > Lounge

Old 2003-05-22, 13:17   #1
pizzaking

May 2003

2×5 Posts
Default Client monitoring?

There didn't seem to be any monitoring programs for the PRIME95 client so a few members of Team Prime Rib asked me to add support for the PRIME95 client to my DCMonitor program.

http://www.bluetentacle.co.uk/dcmoni...s/gimpstab.png

DCMonitor will allow you to view whether a client is running and shows the last reported estimated completion date of the current protein.

It will also parse your log files and show you a summary of the exponents waiting to be processed and the results the client has had.

http://www.bluetentacle.co.uk/dcmoni...impsclient.jpg

If you would like to download DCMonitor then please go here:

http://www.bluetentacle.co.uk/dcmonitor/

Cheers!

pk
pizzaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-05-22, 13:27   #2
whilden

Aug 2002

29 Posts

Its a real easy to use program and I use it for about 3 of my DC projects.

3 Thumbs up banana
whilden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-05-22, 20:13   #3
crash893

Sep 2002

29610 Posts

baddddddd @$$

thank you soooo much

does this client monitor just the client on your comptuer or can you set it up to sign on and check your account

i can get it to show my work in progress but it looks like it hasent read my resluts.txt
crash893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-05-22, 20:52   #4
NickGlover

Aug 2002
Richland, WA

22·3·11 Posts

The client monitor tried to read my results.txt, but it wasn't very successful. It only got 2 out of over 100 results, and one of those two had the wrong text for the date.

Pizzaking, I would like to send you my results.txt so you can figure out what is going wrong, but I couldn't find your email address in your profile or on your webpage. Please let me know how to contact you.
NickGlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-05-22, 23:21   #5
crash893

Sep 2002

23·37 Posts

'remove-dcmonitor$bluetentacle.co.uk'

is
what is put in the dcmonitor program

( remove the remove- and replace the $ with the @ so spam bots dont get him)
Old 2003-05-23, 10:12   #6
pizzaking

May 2003

2×5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash893
does this client monitor just the client on your comptuer or can you set it up to sign on and check your account
DCMonitor only displays the information provided by the clients as I like it to be possible to use the program without a network connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash893
i can get it to show my work in progress but it looks like it hasent read my resluts.txt
What happens when you hit the client detials button? That should open a dialog box with the information from the worktodo.ini and results.txt files of the selected client.
Old 2003-05-23, 10:16   #7
pizzaking

May 2003

2×5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickGlover
The client monitor tried to read my results.txt, but it wasn't very successful. It only got 2 out of over 100 results, and one of those two had the wrong text for the date.

Pizzaking, I would like to send you my results.txt so you can figure out what is going wrong, but I couldn't find your email address in your profile or on your webpage. Please let me know how to contact you.
As crash893 said, my e-mail is in the About dialog box in DCMonitor.

Having the results.txt file would be useful, as I've only tested with a client I ran for a while and a small group of people from TPR so I must have missed something...
Old 2003-05-25, 15:18   #8
crash893

Sep 2002

23×37 Posts

if you want i could send you a pretty big results.txt to play around with

do you plan on makeing the dcmonitor check in with the primenet server?
Old 2003-05-25, 17:17   #9
pizzaking

May 2003

A16 Posts

I found the problem with the results box, I was only looking for the results of trial factoring! Doh! I'm now working out how to show the other types of results and should have something ready by tomorrow :)

crash893: Another results.txt file would be great! The more examples I have the more I can be sure it works :)

What do you mean by having DCMonitor check in with the primenet servers? (I'm still very new to this project)

Cheers

pk
Old 2003-05-26, 06:15   #10
ET_
Banned

"Luigi"
Aug 2002
Team Italia

481410 Posts

Quote:
Another results.txt file would be great! The more examples I have the more I can be sure it works
The monitor could also look for warning or error lines in the results file...

Luigi
ET_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-05-26, 08:29   #11
guido72

Aug 2002
Rovereto (Italy)

2378 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickGlover
Hi! The same is happening to me. I used your program to monitor some clients installed on a small LAN. No problem locating 'em but DCMonitor seems unable to report all the results. Sometimes it reports "ound a" instead the right date when a factor has been found and all the times it reports just the last 2 o 3 result or just one out of hundreds. In one case it seems unable to identify wich kind of job is in progress: "Paperino" is testing M77909869 but DCMonitor says "Unknown" type of work and reports the date of last intermediate files in the Status coloumn. If you think my results.txt files may help you to develop your nice program, just ask for 'em!
Regards
guido72 is offline   Reply With Quote