mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Factoring Projects > GMP-ECM

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-08-11, 17:04   #1
nomad
 
Feb 2011

5 Posts
Default Ecmnet client

I have Ubuntu and ecm-6.3 works really fine
But now i want to compile the ecmnet client and it doesn't work.
I always get this error:

cd /home/dercomputer/Desktop/ecmnet/source
then i type "make"
after some time i get this:
In file included from Mail.h:28,
from ecmserver.cpp:39:
DBInterface.h:28: fatal error: sql.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
compilation terminated.
make: *** [ecmserver.o] Fehler 1

please help me
best regards
nomad
nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 18:12   #2
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

630510 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad View Post
I have Ubuntu and ecm-6.3 works really fine
But now i want to compile the ecmnet client and it doesn't work.
I always get this error:

cd /home/dercomputer/Desktop/ecmnet/source
then i type "make"
after some time i get this:
In file included from Mail.h:28,
from ecmserver.cpp:39:
DBInterface.h:28: fatal error: sql.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
compilation terminated.
make: *** [ecmserver.o] Fehler 1

please help me
best regards
nomad
If you only want the client, then use "make ecmclient" instead of make.

Note that the 3.x client will not work with 2.x servers, but 2.x clients will work with 3.x servers.
rogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 21:33   #3
nomad
 
Feb 2011

516 Posts
Default

no it worked, thank you
but i cant connect to any servers
first i get this:
sh: /home/dercomputer/Desktop/ecm-6.3: Permission denied
sh: /home/dercomputer/Desktop/ecm-6.3: Permission denied
sh: /home/dercomputer/Desktop/ecm-6.3: Permission denied
sh: /home/dercomputer/Desktop/ecm-6.3: Permission denied
[2011-08-11 23:27:51 CEST] ECMNet Client application v3.0.2 started

and then:
[2011-08-11 23:28:13 CEST] euler.myip.org:34 connect to socket failed with error 110
[2011-08-11 23:28:34 CEST] 83.143.57.194:8194 connect to socket failed with error 110
gethostbyname: Connection timed out
gethostbyname(oddperfect.no-ip.com) generated error 110
gethostbyname: Connection timed out
gethostbyname(wblipp.dynu.com) generated error 110

is this because of the different versions of mine and the server or is it my fault?
nomad
PS: i dont find older versions of ecmnet
nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 21:44   #4
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

142418 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad View Post
no it worked, thank you
but i cant connect to any servers
first i get this:
sh: /home/dercomputer/Desktop/ecm-6.3: Permission denied
sh: /home/dercomputer/Desktop/ecm-6.3: Permission denied
sh: /home/dercomputer/Desktop/ecm-6.3: Permission denied
sh: /home/dercomputer/Desktop/ecm-6.3: Permission denied
[2011-08-11 23:27:51 CEST] ECMNet Client application v3.0.2 started

and then:
[2011-08-11 23:28:13 CEST] euler.myip.org:34 connect to socket failed with error 110
[2011-08-11 23:28:34 CEST] 83.143.57.194:8194 connect to socket failed with error 110
gethostbyname: Connection timed out
gethostbyname(oddperfect.no-ip.com) generated error 110
gethostbyname: Connection timed out
gethostbyname(wblipp.dynu.com) generated error 110

is this because of the different versions of mine and the server or is it my fault?
nomad
PS: i dont find older versions of ecmnet
There is a link to v2.7.3 sources here: http://home.roadrunner.com/~mrodenki...me/ECMNet.html
rogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 21:59   #5
nomad
 
Feb 2011

58 Posts
Default

with version 2.7.3 i still get this:
[2011-08-11 21:58:24 GMT] 83.143.57.194:8194 connect to socket failed
[2011-08-11 21:58:24 GMT] Could not connect to any servers and no work is pending. Pausing 1 minute

for a short time i get work but then:
[2011-08-11 22:11:14 GMT] d: Getting work from server 83.217.167.177 at port 8194
[2011-08-11 22:11:17 GMT] d: Received GC_12_523_C547 (length 547) : ECM with B1=3000000 * 2370 curves
This is the new ECMNet Server version 2.5.6
sh: /home/dercomputer/Desktop/ecm-6.3: Permission denied
[2011-08-11 22:11:17 GMT] d: Quitting due to detected interruption

Last fiddled with by nomad on 2011-08-11 at 22:12 Reason: failure
nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 22:55   #6
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

18A116 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad View Post
with version 2.7.3 i still get this:
[2011-08-11 21:58:24 GMT] 83.143.57.194:8194 connect to socket failed
[2011-08-11 21:58:24 GMT] Could not connect to any servers and no work is pending. Pausing 1 minute

for a short time i get work but then:
[2011-08-11 22:11:14 GMT] d: Getting work from server 83.217.167.177 at port 8194
[2011-08-11 22:11:17 GMT] d: Received GC_12_523_C547 (length 547) : ECM with B1=3000000 * 2370 curves
This is the new ECMNet Server version 2.5.6
sh: /home/dercomputer/Desktop/ecm-6.3: Permission denied
[2011-08-11 22:11:17 GMT] d: Quitting due to detected interruption
83.143.57.194:8194 is probably down, thus you could not connect to it.

As for "Permission denied", you need to change the execution privilege of ecm-6.3. Presuming you are not running on Windows, use chmod ala "chmod 755 /home/dercomputer/Desktop/ecm-6.3" then try again.
rogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 10:04   #7
nomad
 
Feb 2011

5 Posts
Default

i did the chmod command but it still doesn't work:

[2011-08-12 09:31:16 GMT] d: Received GW_12_646_C696 (length 696) : ECM with B1=3000000 * 2369 curves
This is the new ECMNet Server version 2.5.6
sh: /home/dercomputer/Desktop/ecm-6.3: Permission denied
[2011-08-12 09:31:16 GMT] d: Quitting due to detected interruption

[2011-08-12 09:31:16 GMT] Total Time: 1:17:41 Curves: 0 Total Work: 0 Total Factors Found: 0
nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 12:29   #8
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

5·13·97 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad View Post
i did the chmod command but it still doesn't work:

[2011-08-12 09:31:16 GMT] d: Received GW_12_646_C696 (length 696) : ECM with B1=3000000 * 2369 curves
This is the new ECMNet Server version 2.5.6
sh: /home/dercomputer/Desktop/ecm-6.3: Permission denied
[2011-08-12 09:31:16 GMT] d: Quitting due to detected interruption

[2011-08-12 09:31:16 GMT] Total Time: 1:17:41 Curves: 0 Total Work: 0 Total Factors Found: 0
Can you ecmclient.cfg file and the output from "ls -al" in the directory that the client is run from?
rogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ECMNet Client/Server 2.7.2 is Released rogue Factoring 0 2006-06-03 15:13
ECMNet Client/Server 2.5.7 is Released rogue Factoring 8 2006-03-26 13:31
ECMNet Client/Server 2.7.0 is Released rogue GMP-ECM 24 2006-01-03 19:07
Serious ECMNet Client/Server 2.5.7 bug rogue Factoring 6 2005-03-21 15:24
New ECMNET Client rogue Factoring 23 2005-01-02 15:42

All times are UTC. The time now is 17:26.

Tue May 11 17:26:06 UTC 2021 up 33 days, 12:06, 1 user, load averages: 3.25, 3.65, 3.86

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.