mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > Data

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-09-21, 20:42   #1
ATH
Einyen
 
ATH's Avatar
 
Dec 2003
Denmark

3,313 Posts
Default Success again?!?

Just popped up on top producers page at #2:

http://www.mersenne.org/report_top_500_LL/

2 ANONYMOUS 459005.537 5028 1 |
ATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 21:16   #2
Prime95
P90 years forever!
 
Prime95's Avatar
 
Aug 2002
Yeehaw, FL

24·17·29 Posts
Default

Very observant, but this is highly likely a false alarm. The error code is *real* ugly. This computer has never reported a result before. I have no email for ANONYMOUS, so I cannot request the last save file. If he emails us, I can request the save file to do the quick verification. Until then, I'm far from hopeful.

I think Jeff Gilchrist will run a low priority LL test. If not, I'll get a different volunteer. I'd like to avoid having several people run LL tests - a waste of resources.
Prime95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 21:19   #3
Brain
 
Brain's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Peine, Germany

33110 Posts
Default

A lot of errors:

53593187 ANONYMOUS
00000000000000__ 0013174C 2011-09-21 18:45
Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 21:24   #4
Prime95
P90 years forever!
 
Prime95's Avatar
 
Aug 2002
Yeehaw, FL

24·17·29 Posts
Default

Nuts, one of curtisc's computers got the assigned the number. So Jeff is doing the first test on one of his fast PCs and curtisc's computer will be the double-check.

Please, no one else should test the number.

Last fiddled with by Prime95 on 2011-09-21 at 21:25
Prime95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 21:39   #5
lycorn
 
lycorn's Avatar
 
"GIMFS"
Sep 2002
Oeiras, Portugal

153610 Posts
Default

Is the residue all zeros, or like this?
http://www.mersenneforum.org/showpos...3&postcount=13
I guess it has to be all zeros, to be counted as a success.

Last fiddled with by lycorn on 2011-09-21 at 21:40
lycorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 21:44   #6
ixfd64
Bemusing Prompter
 
ixfd64's Avatar
 
"Danny"
Dec 2002
California

1001101000102 Posts
Default

George, do you know which version of Prime95 returned the result? If I remember correctly, versions prior to 23.5 could generate a false residue of zero.

Last fiddled with by ixfd64 on 2011-09-21 at 21:44
ixfd64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 21:50   #7
Brain
 
Brain's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Peine, Germany

331 Posts
Default TF effort

I will do some GPU TF on this exponent, just for fun. Up to 74 bits...
Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 23:05   #8
axn
 
axn's Avatar
 
Jun 2003

10100111101012 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime95 View Post
I have no email for ANONYMOUS, so I cannot request the last save file. If he emails us, I can request the save file to do the quick verification.
Why not include the feature so that the client automatically reruns the last 5000 iterations before reporting the result?

Last fiddled with by axn on 2011-09-21 at 23:05
axn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 23:48   #9
Jeff Gilchrist
 
Jeff Gilchrist's Avatar
 
Jun 2003
Ottawa, Canada

3·17·23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime95 View Post
Nuts, one of curtisc's computers got the assigned the number. So Jeff is doing the first test on one of his fast PCs and curtisc's computer will be the double-check.

Please, no one else should test the number.
Should be interesting to see what is going on.

ixfd64: It is not 23.5, it is a fairly recent build.
Jeff Gilchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 23:54   #10
Uncwilly
6809 > 6502
 
Uncwilly's Avatar
 
"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101×103 Posts

1053510 Posts
Default

Maybe one of the folks that CUDAlucas up and running can run a DC on this number.

Edit:
BTW: We are 5 days from surpassing the record for the longest gap between discoveries, during the GIMPS era.

Last fiddled with by Uncwilly on 2011-09-21 at 23:58
Uncwilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 00:10   #11
davieddy
 
davieddy's Avatar
 
"Lucan"
Dec 2006
England

2·3·13·83 Posts
Default Law of averages...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime95 View Post
Very observant, but this is highly likely a false alarm. The error code is *real* ugly. This computer has never reported a result before. I have no email for ANONYMOUS, so I cannot request the last save file. If he emails us, I can request the save file to do the quick verification. Until then, I'm far from hopeful.

I think Jeff Gilchrist will run a low priority LL test. If not, I'll get a different volunteer. I'd like to avoid having several people run LL tests - a waste of resources.
Can't be another prime yet.
We're due for a big gap, and AFAIK you aren't on vacation

David
davieddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NFS success probability in practice paul0 Factoring 2 2015-02-23 03:55
Bad LL-D Success Rate TheMawn Data 14 2014-10-13 20:19
Another success (not)! ATH Data 133 2012-03-09 17:19
Success?... (M46 related) lycorn News 631 2010-05-26 10:33
Success edorajh Lounge 5 2004-08-15 16:51

All times are UTC. The time now is 23:05.


Wed May 25 23:05:17 UTC 2022 up 41 days, 21:06, 0 users, load averages: 1.09, 1.13, 1.24

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.

≠ ± ∓ ÷ × · − √ ‰ ⊗ ⊕ ⊖ ⊘ ⊙ ≤ ≥ ≦ ≧ ≨ ≩ ≺ ≻ ≼ ≽ ⊏ ⊐ ⊑ ⊒ ² ³ °
∠ ∟ ° ≅ ~ ‖ ⟂ ⫛
≡ ≜ ≈ ∝ ∞ ≪ ≫ ⌊⌋ ⌈⌉ ∘ ∏ ∐ ∑ ∧ ∨ ∩ ∪ ⨀ ⊕ ⊗ 𝖕 𝖖 𝖗 ⊲ ⊳
∅ ∖ ∁ ↦ ↣ ∩ ∪ ⊆ ⊂ ⊄ ⊊ ⊇ ⊃ ⊅ ⊋ ⊖ ∈ ∉ ∋ ∌ ℕ ℤ ℚ ℝ ℂ ℵ ℶ ℷ ℸ 𝓟
¬ ∨ ∧ ⊕ → ← ⇒ ⇐ ⇔ ∀ ∃ ∄ ∴ ∵ ⊤ ⊥ ⊢ ⊨ ⫤ ⊣ … ⋯ ⋮ ⋰ ⋱
∫ ∬ ∭ ∮ ∯ ∰ ∇ ∆ δ ∂ ℱ ℒ ℓ
𝛢𝛼 𝛣𝛽 𝛤𝛾 𝛥𝛿 𝛦𝜀𝜖 𝛧𝜁 𝛨𝜂 𝛩𝜃𝜗 𝛪𝜄 𝛫𝜅 𝛬𝜆 𝛭𝜇 𝛮𝜈 𝛯𝜉 𝛰𝜊 𝛱𝜋 𝛲𝜌 𝛴𝜎𝜍 𝛵𝜏 𝛶𝜐 𝛷𝜙𝜑 𝛸𝜒 𝛹𝜓 𝛺𝜔