Boris Johnson resignation: Your questions answered
Batalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-09, 15:53   #2
paulunderwood

Sep 2002
Database er0rr

437910 Posts

More questions:

Will he be using his ministerial jet to visit his family? https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ly-in-cornwall

Will be holding a lavish wedding party at Chequers before he goes? No: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62092203

Will he be having any more unofficial meetings with ex-FSB people? https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ei-lavrov-call

Last fiddled with by paulunderwood on 2022-07-09 at 15:58
paulunderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-10, 06:44   #3
pinhodecarlos

"Carlos Pinho"
Oct 2011
Milton Keynes, UK

3×5×11×31 Posts

He is such a character...haha

But I just wanted to understand why I had to be stuck almost 2 years in this island without seeing my family face to face. We don't have right to vote, maybe in the near future.
pinhodecarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-10, 08:03   #4
xilman
Bamboozled!

"๐’‰บ๐’ŒŒ๐’‡ท๐’†ท๐’€ญ"
May 2003
Down not across

1158310 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinhodecarlos View Post
He is such a character...haha

But I just wanted to understand why I had to be stuck almost 2 years in this island without seeing my family face to face. We don't have right to vote, maybe in the near future.
For the same reason I was stuck on this island without being able to use my observatory on another island.

We had it lucky. At least we could go outdoors, to an admittedly limited extent. On that other island my friends were allowed out only to buy food, medicine and fuel. Otherwise they stayed at home all day every day.

Also on that other island, I can vote in local elections because I am a local tax payer. I can not vote in regional, national or European elections.
xilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-10, 10:30   #5
pinhodecarlos

"Carlos Pinho"
Oct 2011
Milton Keynes, UK

117738 Posts

Different island but same issues but most likely local government had a different behaviour. At least on the other island food was much better, I suppose.

BTW, which island are you now at?

Last fiddled with by pinhodecarlos on 2022-07-10 at 10:51
Old 2022-07-10, 15:20   #6
xilman
Bamboozled!

"๐’‰บ๐’ŒŒ๐’‡ท๐’†ท๐’€ญ"
May 2003
Down not across

1158310 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinhodecarlos View Post
Different island but same issues but most likely local government had a different behaviour. At least on the other island food was much better, I suppose.

BTW, which island are you now at?
GB right now, LP at the end of the month.

Food can be good and bad on both islands. Much more variety available here.
Old 2022-07-13, 16:15   #7
xilman
Bamboozled!

"๐’‰บ๐’ŒŒ๐’‡ท๐’†ท๐’€ญ"
May 2003
Down not across

34·11·13 Posts

So the Chancellor pro tem. and the ex Hulture Secretary have been discarded.

Two down, five to go.
Old 2022-07-13, 19:04   #8
paulunderwood

Sep 2002
Database er0rr

29·151 Posts

Herr Gel has stiff competition from those willing to spend some, mostly uncosted, ยฃ300,000,000,000 on tax cuts at the expense of services (like nurses pay) -- a how-much-tax-I-will-cut race.
paulunderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-03, 06:35   #9
pinhodecarlos

"Carlos Pinho"
Oct 2011
Milton Keynes, UK

3·5·11·31 Posts

So very exciting days ahead.
Old 2022-09-06, 13:33   #10
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

10111110101012 Posts

Liz Truss is the U.K.'s next prime minister
Quote:
LONDON - Britain's Conservative Party has announced its new leader is Liz Truss, who has served as foreign minister for the past 12 months. She will be formally appointed as the next prime minister by Queen Elizabeth, likely on Tuesday afternoon.

"I will deliver a bold plan to cut taxes and grow our economy," Truss said in her victory speech, adding that she will also take on challenges from high energy bills to the National Health Service.

The result follows a nationwide vote by the party's grassroots members that lasted several weeks this summer. Truss will become the country's fourth leader in a politically turbulent six-year period.

It marks only the third time in history that a woman will assume power in 10 Downing Street, but the third time in recent years that a change of prime minister has occurred without a national general election.
Dr Sardonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-07, 06:21   #11
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

"name field"
Jun 2011
Thailand

2×47×109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Sardonicus View Post
Can she rapp like Theresa?
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote