mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > Conjectures 'R Us

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2022-12-23, 04:06   #1
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
"Gary"
May 2007
Overland Park, KS

19×643 Posts
Default 2023 project goals

Below are some goals for 2023 that CRUS can aim for:

1. Search all bases with <= 10,000 k's remaining (at n=2500) to n>=10K; 8/11 bases completed.

2. Search all bases with <= 3000 k's remaining (at n=10K) to n>=25K; 6/21 bases completed.

3. Search all bases with <= 20 k's remaining to n>=300K; 9/13 bases completed.

4. Search all bases < 700 with 2 k's remaining to n>=500K; 8/17 bases completed.

5. Search all bases < 700 with 1 k remaining to n>=600K; 7/13 bases completed.

6. Search all bases < 215 with 1 k remaining to n>=1M; 1/7 bases completed.

7. Complete Riesel base 2 2nd conjecture to n>=7M; 28 k's for n=5M-7M; 1M/2M n-range completed.

8. Complete all Riesel base 2/4 odd/even k's and n's to n>=10M base 2:
8 k's for n=9M-10M base 2 including 2 k's for R2 even-k, 1 k for R2 even-n, 4 k's for R2 odd-n, & 1 k for R4

9. Complete R3 for k<20G to n>=200K: 17,542 k's for k=10G-20G n=100K-200K

10. Complete S3 for k<40G to n>=100K: 125,383 k's for k=1G-40G n=50K-100K

11. Complete R10 & S10 to n>=3M: 2 k's for n=2M-3M; 1/2 bases completed.

12. Complete R66 for k<30M to n>=50K: 18,833 k's for k<30M n=25K-50K

13. Complete S66 to n>=50K: 10,113 k's for k>5M n=25K-50K; 5M/16.314M k-range completed.

14. Complete S79 to n>=100K: 6971 k's for k>3K n=50K-100K

I have added more goals but have lowered the difficulty on many of them this year. More of the goals this year are oriented toward individuals instead of SRBase. I have also removed primes and proof goals.

Thanks to everyone who made suggestions about the goals! They saved me quite a bit of time in thinking through things.

I'm confident that we can accomplish most or all of these goals. All help is appreciated!

Last fiddled with by gd_barnes on 2023-06-08 at 11:34 Reason: update counts; goal #3: R1010 done
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-19, 14:54   #2
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
"Gary"
May 2007
Overland Park, KS

19·643 Posts
Default

I have added additional detail to goals 7 thru 14 to make them clearer about what is needed to complete them.
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-19, 15:26   #3
rebirther
 
rebirther's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Germany

DEC16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
I have added additional detail to goals 7 thru 14 to make them clearer about what is needed to complete them.
Can you add all missing goals to the recommended list?
rebirther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-19, 17:51   #4
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
"Gary"
May 2007
Overland Park, KS

2FB916 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebirther View Post
Can you add all missing goals to the recommended list?
The thinking behind the recommended list is categories of multiple bases that all need a similar type of search done. Goals 7 thru 14 fit more in the mode of unique-type searches on single bases that need to be done so would not fit easily on that list.

In a synopsis:

Goals 1 thru 6 are already on the recommended list.

Goals 9 thru 14 with the exception of goal 11 have 1000's of k's that will need to be done so a listing is not possible. If needed, I can provide lists of k's for sieving/searching.

Goal 11 for base 10 is a straightforward search of 2 k's with sieve files already finished and posted on the reservation pages. It could be one that SRBase works on this year. The size of 2 to 3 million digits fits well.

That leaves goals 7 and 8, which I will send you sieve files for later on. Goal 8 I already have a sieve file for it. I haven't sent it to you yet because I thought that goal 7 should be done first. It is a somewhat bigger effort and likely will yield several large primes. Goal 7 is being sieved by Yoyo at the moment and will be done in the next 2-3 days. It is my plan to forward that to you at that point.
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-19, 17:58   #5
rebirther
 
rebirther's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Germany

22·34·11 Posts
Default

Iam a bit worried about goal 9-14 while still working on S51, this is a very large effort.

Last fiddled with by rebirther on 2023-01-19 at 17:58
rebirther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-19, 18:06   #6
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
"Gary"
May 2007
Overland Park, KS

276718 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebirther View Post
Iam a bit worried about goal 9-14 while still working on S51, this is a very large effort.
SRBase shouldn't worry much about those. It will mostly be individuals here in this forum working on them. Mark proposed a number of them and I know he will work on some of them. I'll help coordinate many of them and maybe do some testing and sieving myself.

See the bottom of the 1st post here where I state that more of the goals are oriented towards individuals this year.

For this range of goals, I'd only suggest that SRBase work on goal 11 for base 10. Also maybe possibly goal 14 later this year. It would be similar to your current S51 effort.
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-19, 18:11   #7
rebirther
 
rebirther's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Germany

22×34×11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
SRBase shouldn't worry much about those. It will mostly be individuals here in this forum working on them. Mark proposed a number of them and I know he will work on some of them. I'll help coordinate many of them and maybe do some testing and sieving myself.

See the bottom of the 1st post here where I state that more of the goals are oriented towards individuals this year.

For this range of goals, I'd only suggest that SRBase work on goal 11 for base 10. Also maybe possibly goal 14 later this year. It would be similar to your current S51 effort.
ok, I will make a plan, a challenge or 2 this year can help us for sure.
rebirther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-19, 22:26   #8
KEP
Quasi Admin Thing
 
KEP's Avatar
 
May 2005

7×11×13 Posts
Default

In regards to goal 9: "9. Complete R3 for k<20e9 to n>=200K; 17,542 k's for k=10G-20G for n=100K-200K" I must point that I'm currently testing k=10G-11G for n>100K to n=250K for 1668 k's. Tomorrow they are done sieving to p=445G and I'll start LLR testing them. I had several issues using srsieve2, so I ended up going back to srsieve, since it was multiples faster - the same goes by the way with sr1sieve being faster for a single k sieve. I have not had time to investigate optimal settings for making srsieve2 faster, so it might be that I'm currently sieving slower than needed, but for the use of srsieve, p=445G was optimal for the menioned range.
KEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-19, 22:33   #9
chalsall
If I May
 
chalsall's Avatar
 
"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

3·3,767 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEP View Post
... but for the use of srsieve, p=445G was optimal for the menioned range.
Everyone... Please just calm done. Everything is fine.
chalsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-19, 23:32   #10
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

13·557 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEP View Post
In regards to goal 9: "9. Complete R3 for k<20e9 to n>=200K; 17,542 k's for k=10G-20G for n=100K-200K" I must point that I'm currently testing k=10G-11G for n>100K to n=250K for 1668 k's. Tomorrow they are done sieving to p=445G and I'll start LLR testing them. I had several issues using srsieve2, so I ended up going back to srsieve, since it was multiples faster - the same goes by the way with sr1sieve being faster for a single k sieve. I have not had time to investigate optimal settings for making srsieve2 faster, so it might be that I'm currently sieving slower than needed, but for the use of srsieve, p=445G was optimal for the menioned range.
srsieve2cl is the way to go if you have a GPU otherwise stick with sr1sieve/sr2sieve.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-19, 23:40   #11
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
"Gary"
May 2007
Overland Park, KS

19·643 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEP View Post
In regards to goal 9: "9. Complete R3 for k<20e9 to n>=200K; 17,542 k's for k=10G-20G for n=100K-200K" I must point that I'm currently testing k=10G-11G for n>100K to n=250K for 1668 k's. Tomorrow they are done sieving to p=445G and I'll start LLR testing them. I had several issues using srsieve2, so I ended up going back to srsieve, since it was multiples faster - the same goes by the way with sr1sieve being faster for a single k sieve. I have not had time to investigate optimal settings for making srsieve2 faster, so it might be that I'm currently sieving slower than needed, but for the use of srsieve, p=445G was optimal for the mentioned range.
KEP, if you are planning to LLR something, can you please reserve it before you begin working on it? I'll go ahead and reserve it for you. Since this is a goal, will you be able to complete LLR on it this year?

Last fiddled with by gd_barnes on 2023-01-20 at 00:21
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2022 project goals gd_barnes Conjectures 'R Us 10 2023-01-02 08:53
Potential 2023 Project Goals rogue Conjectures 'R Us 12 2022-12-23 04:10
2020 project goals gd_barnes Conjectures 'R Us 14 2020-12-30 15:58
2018 project goals gd_barnes Conjectures 'R Us 24 2019-01-03 09:47
Goals of the project em99010pepe Octoproth Search 10 2007-01-28 12:34

All times are UTC. The time now is 08:13.


Fri Jun 9 08:13:11 UTC 2023 up 295 days, 5:41, 0 users, load averages: 1.10, 1.13, 1.09

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.

≠ ± ∓ ÷ × · − √ ‰ ⊗ ⊕ ⊖ ⊘ ⊙ ≤ ≥ ≦ ≧ ≨ ≩ ≺ ≻ ≼ ≽ ⊏ ⊐ ⊑ ⊒ ² ³ °
∠ ∟ ° ≅ ~ ‖ ⟂ ⫛
≡ ≜ ≈ ∝ ∞ ≪ ≫ ⌊⌋ ⌈⌉ ∘ ∏ ∐ ∑ ∧ ∨ ∩ ∪ ⨀ ⊕ ⊗ 𝖕 𝖖 𝖗 ⊲ ⊳
∅ ∖ ∁ ↦ ↣ ∩ ∪ ⊆ ⊂ ⊄ ⊊ ⊇ ⊃ ⊅ ⊋ ⊖ ∈ ∉ ∋ ∌ ℕ ℤ ℚ ℝ ℂ ℵ ℶ ℷ ℸ 𝓟
¬ ∨ ∧ ⊕ → ← ⇒ ⇐ ⇔ ∀ ∃ ∄ ∴ ∵ ⊤ ⊥ ⊢ ⊨ ⫤ ⊣ … ⋯ ⋮ ⋰ ⋱
∫ ∬ ∭ ∮ ∯ ∰ ∇ ∆ δ ∂ ℱ ℒ ℓ
𝛢𝛼 𝛣𝛽 𝛤𝛾 𝛥𝛿 𝛦𝜀𝜖 𝛧𝜁 𝛨𝜂 𝛩𝜃𝜗 𝛪𝜄 𝛫𝜅 𝛬𝜆 𝛭𝜇 𝛮𝜈 𝛯𝜉 𝛰𝜊 𝛱𝜋 𝛲𝜌 𝛴𝜎𝜍 𝛵𝜏 𝛶𝜐 𝛷𝜙𝜑 𝛸𝜒 𝛹𝜓 𝛺𝜔