Old 2011-11-29, 15:23   #1
Primeinator

"Kyle"
Feb 2005
Somewhere near M50..sshh!

11011111102 Posts
Default LL Discrepancies

Hello!

I have started an Excel sheet to keep track of my contributions to GIMPS thus far; however, my stats page says there are more LLs I have completed than I can actually find on PrimeNet. Why is this? Thanks!

Kyle
Primeinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 15:43   #2
diamonddave

Feb 2004

25×5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primeinator View Post
Hello!

I have started an Excel sheet to keep track of my contributions to GIMPS thus far; however, my stats page says there are more LLs I have completed than I can actually find on PrimeNet. Why is this? Thanks!

Kyle
Perhaps someone later found a factor for the exponent you tested, thus removing any, LL, TF and P-1 information for that exponent.
diamonddave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 15:52   #3
petrw1
1976 Toyota Corona years forever!

"Wayne"
Nov 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada

105628 Posts

Quote:
Hello!

Kyle
Did you use this page to look for results? http://www.mersenne.org/results/
Notes:
1. It only keeps results for the last 365 days
2. It only reports that last 1,000. You can choose ranges to get more results- just not past a year ago.

Beyond that and if you don't have too many missing results you can query them individually to see if your name is credited here: http://www.mersenne.org/report_exponent/

Last fiddled with by petrw1 on 2011-11-29 at 15:54
petrw1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 19:20   #4
Primeinator

"Kyle"
Feb 2005

2×3×149 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddave View Post
Perhaps someone later found a factor for the exponent you tested, thus removing any, LL, TF and P-1 information for that exponent.
I am looking into this by modifying my search query; however, the database is being pokey and keeps timing out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrw1 View Post
Did you use this page to look for results? http://www.mersenne.org/results/
Notes:
1. It only keeps results for the last 365 days
2. It only reports that last 1,000. You can choose ranges to get more results- just not past a year ago.

Beyond that and if you don't have too many missing results you can query them individually to see if your name is credited here: http://www.mersenne.org/report_exponent/
No. I used the LL results page.
Old 2011-11-29, 19:42   #5
Primeinator

"Kyle"
Feb 2005

37E16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddave View Post

Quote:
I am looking into this by modifying my search query; however, the database is being pokey and keeps timing out.

Unchecking the boxes for "exclude known bad results" or "exclude exponents with known factor" made any difference. According to my stats, I am still "missing" 9 LL tests to which I cannot find the identify of the exponent.
Old 2011-11-29, 20:13   #6
petrw1
1976 Toyota Corona years forever!

"Wayne"
Nov 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada

2·7·11·29 Posts

Quote:
No. I used the LL results page.
I avoid it as much as possible for performance reasons. I find asking for results on the results page and limiting it to LL range is much faster.
petrw1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 01:17   #7
Primeinator

"Kyle"
Feb 2005

2×3×149 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrw1 View Post
I avoid it as much as possible for performance reasons. I find asking for results on the results page and limiting it to LL range is much faster.
How can I use this if I don't know what range these 9 exponents are in? I mean, I have a rough idea but that is still thousands of exponents to sift through...
Old 2011-11-30, 01:26   #8
Dubslow
Basketry That Evening!

"Bunslow the Bold"
Jun 2011
40<A<43 -89<O<-88

160358 Posts

Another suggestion: Take a look at your Prime95 results.txt file, and then compare that to the PrimeNet My Results report instead of stumbling around through lists of exponents. Unless you've deleted results.txt at some point, all results ever should be there.
Dubslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 03:07   #9
Primeinator

"Kyle"
Feb 2005

37E16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubslow View Post
Another suggestion: Take a look at your Prime95 results.txt file, and then compare that to the PrimeNet My Results report instead of stumbling around through lists of exponents. Unless you've deleted results.txt at some point, all results ever should be there.
Unfortunately, this will not work either. Those exponents would have been run on a computer that likely no longer has those files. Is there another solution?
Old 2011-11-30, 03:11   #10
Dubslow
Basketry That Evening!

"Bunslow the Bold"
Jun 2011
40<A<43 -89<O<-88

160358 Posts

Quote:
Unfortunately, this will not work either. Those exponents would have been run on a computer that likely no longer has those files. Is there another solution?
Like a computer you no longer have access to? If so, I'm out of ideas...
Dubslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 03:31   #11
delta_t

Nov 2002
Anchorage, AK

1011001012 Posts

When you did your search on the LL Results page did you check the 'Display results for user id:' and try your current ID and perhaps your old V4 ID? If you merged your V4 account you shouldn't have to do that but worth a try if you used a different ID back then.

Also, to avoid timing out, don't do a search around the top of the hour (usually the first 10 min) because the DB is updating and is real busy at that time.
delta_t is offline   Reply With Quote