Old 2021-01-14, 19:33   #287
pinhodecarlos

"Carlos Pinho"
Oct 2011
Milton Keynes, UK

5·7·139 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilman View Post
TO some extent. To be fair, it is a serious high-stakes game.
What I find stupid in all of this also is in another perspective like 1) new U.K. strain let’s block this guys 2) new strain in Brazil let’s block this guys N) new strain on the Nth country let’s block the Nth country

We already know where this is going and there will always be different strains so...get vaccinated, behave properly, follow all the guidelines, protect the risk group, support the less wealthy. We will all back to normal in 2-3 years time.
pinhodecarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-15, 15:57   #288
xilman
Bamboozled!

"𒉺𒌌𒇷𒆷𒀭"
May 2003
Down not across

1059010 Posts

Brazilian variant already in the UK "not of concern". This is one of two variants.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55676637

Could be worse.
xilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-15, 16:08   #289
Uncwilly
6809 > 6502

"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101×103 Posts

23·1,171 Posts

My understanding that a big part of Brexit lies in who gets to say:

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Uncwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-15, 16:41   #290
Nick

Dec 2012
The Netherlands

1,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncwilly View Post
My understanding that a big part of Brexit lies in who gets to say:

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-15, 17:27   #291
pinhodecarlos

"Carlos Pinho"
Oct 2011
Milton Keynes, UK

5×7×139 Posts

When I arrived here my first question to the locals was: -where can I buy fresh fish? -you can buy fish and chips on high street at number blabla!
Old 2021-01-15, 17:34   #292
xilman
Bamboozled!

"𒉺𒌌𒇷𒆷𒀭"
May 2003
Down not across

2×3×5×353 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinhodecarlos View Post
When I arrived here my first question to the locals was: -where can I buy fresh fish? -you can buy fish and chips on high street at number blabla!
Buying fresh fish isn't too difficult in the UK, in my experience, though it depends on where you live and which species you want to buy.

Buying fresh seafood which is not fish (crustaceans, molluscs, cephalopods, etc) is much more difficult.

One of the reasons why I like living in La Palma for some of the year.
Old 2021-01-15, 17:38   #293
pinhodecarlos

"Carlos Pinho"
Oct 2011
Milton Keynes, UK

114018 Posts

Quote:
Buying fresh fish isn't too difficult in the UK, in my experience, though it depends on where you live and which species you want to buy.

Buying fresh seafood which is not fish (crustaceans, molluscs, cephalopods, etc) is much more difficult.

One of the reasons why I like living in La Palma for some of the year.
Paul, it is very difficult where I used to live and even now where I live. When this is all over and if you happen to visit Portugal I will show you our business in fresh fish. Our fresh fish section on the supermarket is the same as you here have for the beverages...lol

PS(looking at the fish eyes the majority is not fresh but you already have antibodies when you’re hit by it)

Last fiddled with by pinhodecarlos on 2021-01-15 at 17:40
Old 2021-01-15, 17:48   #294
xilman
Bamboozled!

"𒉺𒌌𒇷𒆷𒀭"
May 2003
Down not across

2·3·5·353 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinhodecarlos View Post
Paul, it is very difficult where I used to live and even now where I live. When this is all over and if you happen to visit Portugal I will show you our business in fresh fish. Our fresh fish section on the supermarket is the same as you here have for the beverages...lol

PS(looking at the fish eyes the majority is not fresh but you already have antibodies when you’re hit by it)
You live in one of the worst places in the UK for buying fresh fish. You are too far from the coast.
Old 2021-01-15, 17:48   #295
pinhodecarlos

"Carlos Pinho"
Oct 2011
Milton Keynes, UK

5×7×139 Posts

Just as a note, back home I lived near the sea, near the fish market, near a port. Have some pictures here but I can’t upload them through directly from the iPhone here, why this happens?!
Old 2021-01-15, 17:50   #296
pinhodecarlos

"Carlos Pinho"
Oct 2011
Milton Keynes, UK

5·7·139 Posts

Quote:
You live in one of the worst places in the UK for buying fresh fish. You are too far from the coast.
Worst in fish, better on parks. But nevertheless there’s a scale problem, all over Portugal you can find fresh fish but we are small and you don’t eat as much as we do. In sandwiches you beat us. Sunshine, good food, unemployment doesn’t pay our bills.

Going back to Brexit subject I still haven’t felt issues on availability of groceries.

Last fiddled with by pinhodecarlos on 2021-01-15 at 17:55
Old 2021-01-16, 07:17   #297
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

Jun 2011
Thailand

52×7×53 Posts

Quote:
You live in one of the worst places in the UK for buying fresh fish. You are too far from [closer to Space than to] the coast.
Fixed it for you![citation needed]

Last fiddled with by LaurV on 2021-01-16 at 07:18
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote