mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Factoring Projects > Aliquot Sequences

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-02-03, 17:34   #738
EdH
 
EdH's Avatar
 
"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

24·3·7·11 Posts
Default

If you guys would like, I can let yoyo have 33550336, as well. I have done very little with it so far. I'm really only playing with a Colab session with it ATM.
EdH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-04, 17:23   #739
garambois
 
garambois's Avatar
 
"Garambois Jean-Luc"
Oct 2011
France

10001101002 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo View Post
Oh, I took 33.
But I'll take 30, 8128, 220, 284 also.

OK, thank you very much, this is great news ! Update next weekend.
garambois is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-04, 17:29   #740
garambois
 
garambois's Avatar
 
"Garambois Jean-Luc"
Oct 2011
France

22×3×47 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdH View Post
If you guys would like, I can let yoyo have 33550336, as well. I have done very little with it so far. I'm really only playing with a Colab session with it ATM.

Don't worry, I'll do the preliminary work for the perfect number 33550336 myself within three weeks if you don't tell us on this forum that you're done by then.
garambois is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-04, 17:57   #741
EdH
 
EdH's Avatar
 
"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

24×3×7×11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garambois View Post
Don't worry, I'll do the preliminary work for the perfect number 33550336 myself within three weeks if you don't tell us on this forum that you're done by then.
I can take care of it. I've already done a little. I was just offering it to yoyo, in case he needed more to add to his project.
EdH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-06, 03:36   #742
Happy5214
 
Happy5214's Avatar
 
"Alexander"
Nov 2008
The Alamo City

10010001002 Posts
Default

On the base summary lines, the fact that Done doesn't include sequences ending in cycles is confusing, since these sequences are in fact done. There are two possible solutions. We could include cycles in the Done count (a similar duplication to the merges being included with the open sequence count) or rename Done to Prime (the actual meaning of that color and parallel to Cycle). If we do the latter, we may want to reorder the stats so that Prime and Cycle are next to each other, perhaps duplicating the order in the key?

-----------

PS @yoyo You can also take base 22 if you want it. It will be added to the page in the next update, as Jean-Luc said earlier, and everything is at least 100 digits. I don't know if you missed that post, which includes the skipped sequences. 22^89 is 120 digits if you need the limiting reference.

Last fiddled with by Happy5214 on 2021-02-06 at 03:46 Reason: Add invitation to yoyo
Happy5214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-06, 06:30   #743
yoyo
 
yoyo's Avatar
 
Oct 2006
Berlin, Germany

22×32×17 Posts
Default

Oh, yes I missed that post. I just looked at the reservation page. I take base 22.
yoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-06, 09:18   #744
garambois
 
garambois's Avatar
 
"Garambois Jean-Luc"
Oct 2011
France

56410 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy5214 View Post
On the base summary lines, the fact that Done doesn't include sequences ending in cycles is confusing, since these sequences are in fact done. There are two possible solutions. We could include cycles in the Done count (a similar duplication to the merges being included with the open sequence count) or rename Done to Prime (the actual meaning of that color and parallel to Cycle). If we do the latter, we may want to reorder the stats so that Prime and Cycle are next to each other, perhaps duplicating the order in the key?

I think you're right. For clarity, we have to rename "done" to "Prime" and change the order. If we make the following change, does that seem clearer to you ?

Replace this (base 2 example) :

Stats: All: 559 / Done: 556 ➔ 99.46% / Open: 0 ( 0) ➔ 0.00% / Merges: 0 ➔ 0.00% / Cycle: 3 ➔ 0.54%

By this :

Stats: All: 559 / Prime: 556 ➔ 99.46% / Cycle: 3 ➔ 0.54% / Open: 0 ( 0) ➔ 0.00% / Merges: 0 ➔ 0.00%
garambois is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-06, 12:29   #745
Happy5214
 
Happy5214's Avatar
 
"Alexander"
Nov 2008
The Alamo City

22·5·29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garambois View Post
I think you're right. For clarity, we have to rename "done" to "Prime" and change the order. If we make the following change, does that seem clearer to you ?
Much better.
Happy5214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-06, 22:44   #746
RichD
 
RichD's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Kansas

22×829 Posts
Default

Base 338 was taken to exponent 50. All showing green, as expected.
RichD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-07, 11:04   #747
garambois
 
garambois's Avatar
 
"Garambois Jean-Luc"
Oct 2011
France

22×3×47 Posts
Default

Page updated.
Many thanks to all.
Long and complicated update. So thank you all for checking to see if the updates correspond to your requests.

Bases 22, 33 and 338 added.
Bases 22, 26, 29, 30, 31, 33, 220, 284, 8128 reserved for yoyo.

For bases 22 and 33, I did not know up to which exponent the calculations had been made. So I looked on FactorDB up to which exponent calculations had been performed.
garambois is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-09, 14:19   #748
EdH
 
EdH's Avatar
 
"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

24·3·7·11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garambois View Post
Page updated.
Many thanks to all.
Long and complicated update. So thank you all for checking to see if the updates correspond to your requests.

Bases 22, 33 and 338 added.
Bases 22, 26, 29, 30, 31, 33, 220, 284, 8128 reserved for yoyo.

For bases 22 and 33, I did not know up to which exponent the calculations had been made. So I looked on FactorDB up to which exponent calculations had been performed.
Bummer - I just missed it! 33550336 base table is initialized through i=20. Of interest (to me) was that i=13 started and ran for over 100 iterations hovering between 98 and 99 digits before moving on.
EdH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Broken aliquot sequences fivemack FactorDB 46 2021-02-21 10:46
Broken aliquot sequences schickel FactorDB 18 2013-06-12 16:09
A new theorem about aliquot sequences garambois Aliquot Sequences 34 2012-06-10 21:53
poaching aliquot sequences... Andi47 FactorDB 21 2011-12-29 21:11
New article on aliquot sequences schickel mersennewiki 0 2008-12-30 07:07

All times are UTC. The time now is 17:42.

Wed Apr 21 17:42:22 UTC 2021 up 13 days, 12:23, 0 users, load averages: 2.58, 2.63, 2.43

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.