mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Other Stuff > Open Projects > Riesel Prime Data Collecting (k*2^n-1)

Old 2008-11-27, 12:30   #1
kar_bon

Mar 2006
Germany

33·107 Posts
Default Welcome

Hello to all Prime-Searchers, -Finders, -Hunters and Crunchers.
This is the thread for everyone who got information around Riesel-numbers of the form k*2^n-1 and related.
In addition lists and ranges for Proth-primes k*2^n+1, k<10000 are colleted here, too, since 2011.

These information will be collected here and displayed at

When I begun primesearching in 2005 I found many different projects and webpages with some information here and there, many of them out of date or incorrect. After dealing with some projects and searching for my own I found this Forum here with many information in.
So I got a member of this Forum and the Prime Search Project 'Riesel Prime Search' (RPS).

In 2007 I begun to collect more data available from many webpages, the Project-webpage at 15k.org (out of date now!), the old archived Forum '15k' or the Riesel Problem.

The next months I created new pages with more data I found everywhere in the web (see the History of the above link). Recently I created a new layout for the whole Database to make it easier to use for everyone. There're many things to do (see ToDo-page) like other projects with an overview and their efforts or new primes to fill.

Here're many different options for such collecting like Constant-n-Search (like n=333333), special exponents (like General Mersenne numbers = same n from k=1 but other k's), filling gaps in the Database (many entries in the Database got a comment like "(91 primes 0-50k)", see range 109 < k 1010) or Double Checks.

So feel free to post your results here (primes found and ranges tested please).

Happy hunting!

Karsten

Last fiddled with by kar_bon on 2011-06-10 at 12:27 Reason: some additons
kar_bon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 17:49   #2
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

2·71·73 Posts

A great idea Karsten. I'm about done searching a # of k's for k=600K-1.4M on the rieselprime.org pages that have zero primes showing. I'll report the primes found for that effort here instead of at NPLB or RPS.

This is a great place for "miscellaneous" searches.

Gary
gd_barnes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 18:50   #3
mcduck

Sep 2008
Kristiansand, Norway

3×37 Posts

I love the idea. I'm already a big fan of RieselPrime.de

I will be searching a few truly random K's soon and will be sure to report here.

How do you do the actual updating (is it scripted or manual)?
mcduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 19:36   #4
henryzz
Just call me Henry

"David"
Sep 2007
Cambridge (GMT/BST)

587010 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
A great idea Karsten. I'm about done searching a # of k's for k=600K-1.4M on the rieselprime.org pages that have zero primes showing. I'll report the primes found for that effort here instead of at NPLB or RPS.

This is a great place for "miscellaneous" searches.

Gary
are you stopping there or continuing
henryzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 10:07   #5
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

1036610 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryzz View Post
are you stopping there or continuing
It was about 25-30 k's in that k-range. I'm done with it now. See next post shortly...
gd_barnes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 10:10   #6
kar_bon

Mar 2006
Germany

33×107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcduck View Post
How do you do the actual updating (is it scripted or manual)?
for now it's all manual work, but i'm working on including a large amout of primes by script.

i really have to learn php for a sql-drive database with all information, so there're request possible like 'give me the 10 k's with most primes', 'all low weighted k's with no prime' or 'verify all primes in database about correctness and possible twin".

so much work to do and so less time :-)
Old 2011-11-16, 02:10   #7
Happy5214

"Alexander"
Nov 2008
The Alamo City

601 Posts
Lightbulb

Not to restart a long-dead topic, but if you still need an PHP/SQL-driven site, I'd be happy to help. I'm fluent in PHP, MySQL, and PostgreSQL, and I have working servers to test the site on.
Happy5214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 08:14   #8
kar_bon

Mar 2006
Germany

33·107 Posts

Thanks for the offer.

It's my intention that some day the whole database are php- and SQL-driven to store more information and easier to update or show/report results online.

I'll try to collect some ideas I got for the database and future enhancements and let you know.
Old 2011-11-19, 06:36   #9
Happy5214

"Alexander"
Nov 2008
The Alamo City

601 Posts
Thumbs up

OK, thanks.
Old 2011-11-20, 08:48   #10
Happy5214

"Alexander"
Nov 2008
The Alamo City

601 Posts
Default Hints

Two hints you can apply now. One is replacing the <a> tags with <span> when they're used as tooltips.

Also, "class" attributes are for more than just styles. In my opinion, duplicating styles is better than, for example, using the low-weight k style for confirmed primes on the TPS page. Classes, to me, imply semantic meaning.

Just my two cents.

-Alexander