Old 2021-10-10, 10:18   #1
firejuggler

"Vincent"
Apr 2010
Over the rainbow

2×32×149 Posts
Default Looking for a tutorial

Hi.

I finally managed to get Cado-nfs to work, thru a VM.
I looked around and didn't find any tutorial for the 'polyselect' phase.
I get polys, but I don't know where they are stored, or if I there is an
equivalent to np1 nps and npr phase of msieve.
firejuggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-10, 11:54   #2
EdH

"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

3×372 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by firejuggler View Post
Hi.

I finally managed to get Cado-nfs to work, thru a VM.
I looked around and didn't find any tutorial for the 'polyselect' phase.
I get polys, but I don't know where they are stored, or if I there is an
equivalent to np1 nps and npr phase of msieve.
In the cado-nfs/build/$HOSTNAME/polyselect folder, there are two files: sopt and polyselect_ropt. They can read CADO-NFS formatted polynomials from an input file. You might take a look at the script I have near the bottom in the second post in this thread.

I don't know how to specifically perform the np1 equivalent in CADO-NFS, since I routinely just start a standard run and have it stop after that stage. For the output of the others, the files are a redirect ">>" when run directly.
EdH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-10, 12:46   #3
charybdis

Apr 2020

10001000012 Posts

The way I understand it, "polyselect" performs the equivalent of np1 and nps, "sopt" does the equivalent of nps alone, and "polyselect_ropt" is equivalent to npr. The CADO script runs polyselect followed by polyselect_ropt. I don't think CADO can run the equivalent of np1 alone without size-optimization (not too surprisingly, "-sopteffort -1" doesn't work).

If you're running CADO via the script, the polys are stored in the [jobname].upload directory. The polyselect output files have names like 3_748+.polyselect1.72tb_ncb.29858640-29860320, where the file extension is the leading coefficient range. The polyselect_ropt output files have names like 3_748+.polyselect2._g50mqv9.opt_66.
charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote