mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > Software

Old 2006-11-04, 06:31   #1
PhilF

Feb 2005
Colorado

2·5·61 Posts
Default Possible bug?

I had a machine report a roundoff error, the type of roundoff error that is reproducible. Because of a power problem, I had to shut down the machine before the disregard message appeared.

When the system was powered back up, the same error at the same iteration was reported, followed by the disregard message.

When the test completed and the result was returned to the server, the error code was 08000900, when it should have been 08000800. This is because that particular roundoff error was reported twice, but the disregard message was reported only once.

This bug may be so obscure and so rarely encountered that it isn't worth worrying about, but I thought I should report it anyway.

The machine is running Linux and mprime V24.14.
PhilF is online now   Reply With Quote