Old 2016-11-12, 03:37   #34
kladner

"Kieren"
Jul 2011
In My Own Galaxy!

100111101011102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by only_human View Post
I didn't like any of that 2nd amendment action "joking" spewing from Trumps mouth and it doesn't sound better now.
Acknowledged. Clearly, I knew it was borderline. It was intended as irony of a rather black sort.
Old 2017-03-29, 14:28   #35
jasong

"Jason Goatcher"
Mar 2005

3·7·167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead View Post
What if the feds can't find the illegal income (to confiscate it), but they find evidence that it existed (accounting records) and that taxes weren't paid on it? (Capone's accountant squealed.)

... but you won't deign to show us where that proof is. Why not?
I know this is a really old post, but, to be explicit, it's difficult to prove something ISN'T true. But if I'm wrong, only one counter-example is needed. So find that counter-example and show it to me.

Quote:
BTW, you do know that federal laws are printed in the Federal Register, and that local repository libraries have copies of that, don't you? There are at least two depository libraries in my area: the Milwaukee and Waukesha central libraries.
Then go do research, like I did, and quit fucking around on the internet.

Quote:
Show us objective evidence to support that claim.
Again, proving something ISN'T true is near impossible, but you need only one counterexample law to prove me wrong. So go to Title 26 and show me a law that says I owe money out of my paycheck. Remember, first you have to prove liability, and then the tax is applied. They both have to be proven, and connected together.

Quote:
Every time you dodge a request for evidence, you're demonstrating the distortion of your own view.
Already answered this, people t hink they're so awesome for repeating this.

Quote:
I am the one who posted links to information. You haven't posted a single link to support your claims.
Yeah, because the proof is the entire damn code base of the law.
Quote:
Your request that I do the searching is just another dodge to try to send me off for a long search so I won't keep showing that your claims are bogus. If you were sincerely interested in getting me to see evidence supporting your claim, you'd be happy to give us a link to where that is. (BTW, "link" doesn't have to be a URL -- you could tell us where to find the evidence offline, if it's not online.)
You only need one solid counter-example to prove me wrong.

Quote:
There are. They were published in the Federal Register! They're available online!

So, you're sincerely claiming that laws don't talk about domestic earned income for American citizens?

Nice try to send me away for a while.

Why are you too lazy to post the link yourself?

Oh, links: Here is a link to IRS information about anti-tax law evasion schemes: http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-...vasion-Schemes
Show us a refutation of what is there. (Note: _I_ post links; you _don't_.)
I don't need to show a refutation because those are only examples where the US government successfully sent a case into the weeds to decide on things that don't matter.

Quote:
I didn't ask for snippets. I asked for links. Nice try to dodge showing us evidence.

But youi're obviously in touch with some people who _have_ put in that wor, so you should be able to show us where we can learn from them, too -- if you weren't just dodging.
I have 12 HOURS of audio tapes that state a lot of historical stuff and cover the ways the government lies over the years. If you can accept a multi-gig file, I'll happily send it to you. It's from 1993, but I'm sure there's plenty of awesome stuff still in there.

Quote:
Why aren't the people who've done that willing to help anyone else by showing us the evidence?
They're out there, they just don't frequent the same places you do. Also, people tend to get sick of being flamed all the damn time. Even Jesus took breaks from witnessing to people.

Last fiddled with by only_human on 2017-03-29 at 18:15 Reason: unedited. pointless necropost to cheesehead. profanity and personal attack
Old 2017-03-29, 17:52   #36
jasong

"Jason Goatcher"
Mar 2005

3×7×167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewmayer View Post
[1] There is no conflict between 'republic' and 'democracy'
There IS a conflict because the general populace is easily influenced. When you water down the meaning of a word, you reduce the lessons people can learn from that word. "Direct" democracies are bad, therefore we need to come up with a way of making "direct" democracies be separate from "regular" democracies. Would you be happier if I pushed for people to come up with an independent term for "direct" democracies? I could go for that, I just don't like the idea of lumping "direct" democracies with what the Founding Fathers intended.

Quote:
[2] My dictionary defines republic as 'a state in which supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives, and which has an elected or nominated president rather than a monarch.' No mention of written vs unwritten law. Where did you get your notion about this?
In the wikipedia entry, it's not explicitly stated, but when the populace has a say in things, it's super-important to define terms and meanings, and set up checks and balances. That's one of the reasons I hate case law, because you have one judge controlling the fate of God knows how many people. The more something affects people, the more important it is to have checks and balances.

Quote:
BTW, I must confess that I find it greatly amusing that someone who admits never having earned any income in his life is getting all tied into knots (and working to hard to entwine others) about the legal right (or not) of the US government to lay taxes.
Um, I think you may suffer from the same hallucinations I sometimes do, I'd had a part-time job for about 6 years when you posted this. Maybe you're referring to the fact that I've had 100% of my tax payments refunded because of my small income.(Income, the modern term, rather than why Title 26 was named)

Quote:
Which 'the law' have you read, precisely? There is more 'the law' on 'the books' than any human could hope to read in a lifetime, so you need to be precise. Further, in post 67 BillW gives chapter and verse of the Constitution which flatly contradict your claims
Um, I'm sure you've heard the phrase,"Context is everything." in various forms.

Think about it, what laws am I talking about? I'm sure you can figure it out on your own.

Quote:
Conclusion: Either [1] you're lying about your reading, or [2] massive reading comprehension fail. In either case, the implication is that no one should take you seriously on these matters.
Or maybe you're a pretentious asshole who doesn't believe in doing research. You ever tried a logic problem puzzle? It involves taking a few facts and coming to non-obvious conclusions. See, people read the law and add or subtract meaning from it according to their experience. But the actual law doesn't give a damn about your experiences, it exists independently of those experiences. So when a judge says the law says I owe income tax, I should 100% be able to challenge that and have him actually show me the relevant laws, not conclude a case with what basicly amounts to,"Everybody knows this, stfu." Because all the cases have done just that, but without the swearing. I want actual proof, not lawyers and judges parroting things as proven without actually proving them.

Quote:
(Nor on most others - not even gonna bother with the obvious refutation-by-way-of-multiple-Biblical-counterexamples of your 'If you don't actually want to interact with God, He won't bother with you' howler.)
God does seek us out, but He expects reciprocation. You think you're putting me down by refuting my claims, but you're trotting out the same arguments people have had for the last couple thousand years. "A fool believes in his heart that he is wise, but a wise man knows that he, the wise man, is a fool."

I'd be way more humble with you if I thought you were a friend, but if you show the whip, I show the horns.

Last fiddled with by only_human on 2017-03-29 at 18:00 Reason: unedited. I've expressed my intolerance for profanity and personal attacks. moved from thread: Tax collectors 100+...
Old 2017-05-08, 06:06   #37
Harrywill

"Harry Willam"
May 2017
USA

1416 Posts

G is a quadratic function whose graph is a parabola opening upward and has a vertex on the x-axis. The graph of the new function g defined by H(x) = 3 - G(x - 6) has a range defined by the interval

Last fiddled with by Harrywill on 2017-05-08 at 06:17
Old 2017-05-08, 06:11   #38
Harrywill

"Harry Willam"
May 2017
USA

22·5 Posts
Default Risolvi il puzzle di matematica semplice

In un triangolo ad angolo retto, quale è la lunghezza del lato più corto se la lunghezza dell'ipotena è di 65 cm e la lunghezza del secondo lato più lungo è di 63 cm?
Old 2017-06-11, 00:06   #39
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

24·5·7·17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by science_man_88 View Post
it's not the driving part that's the difficulty. It's the legality part, the fact that you have to : pass the test
You are a bullshit artist. You don't have your drivers' licence, do you?

You don't need to own a car, nor pay for the insurance, to be licensed to drive a car.

I was given my licence to drive a car on my 16th birthday (and I aced the parallel parking). By that time I had also taught myself BASIC, Z-80 assembly and 6502 assembly.

Grow some balls boy. Quit making such pathetic excuses for your ineptitude.

Last fiddled with by only_human on 2017-06-11 at 05:00 Reason: moved from jobs thread do to unnecessary roughness. personal attacks are not in keeping with guidelines.
Old 2017-06-11, 01:45   #40
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

24×5×7×17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by science_man_88 View Post
no but to get a license without one when it's only needed for work purposes seems a bit pointless given all the costs. and to chalsall either the person who's vehicle you use has to pay for it or you do because it's illegal here to drive without it. you have to have it.
Please forgive me for this statement, but are you fscking kidding me?

You aren't licensed to drive a car.

And we're suppose to feel sorry, and give advise, for your sorry little ass?

Last fiddled with by only_human on 2017-06-11 at 05:02 Reason: sheesh. again
Old 2017-06-12, 00:39   #41
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

24·5·7·17 Posts

Just to put on the table, I'm very comfortable with my posts.

And I understand why they have been moved here.

"Don't hurt anyone's feelings!"
Old 2017-06-29, 23:32   #42
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

24·5·7·17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewmayer View Post
I.e. "vulnerable to criticism" for engaging in actual investigative-journalistic truth-seeking. Appalling.
What part of the fourth estate isn't clear?
Old 2017-07-14, 00:58   #43
kladner

"Kieren"
Jul 2011
In My Own Galaxy!

2×3×1,693 Posts

Billy Rubin?!? You gotta be kidding me.
Old 2017-07-14, 01:06   #44
Uncwilly
6809 > 6502

"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101×103 Posts

2×7×677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kladner View Post
Billy Rubin?!? You gotta be kidding me.
People sometimes have truly odd names. I have run across some. Years ago there were adverts on local mainline radio for Dr. Benjamin Dover.
Closed Thread