Uncwilly
6809 > 6502

"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101×103 Posts

100010001010112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurV View Post
Nope. The only illogical thing is, if SL ran as fast as she could, how come SM arrived first to the convent?
They split up. SM knew vector math and went directly toward the convent. SL obviously ran at an angle of 45 to 180 degrees from SM.
Uncwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-29, 22:23   #1014
ewmayer
2ω=0

Sep 2002
República de California

2·59·83 Posts

Quote:
Nope. The only illogical thing is, if SL ran as fast as she could, how come SM arrived first to the convent?
Logically, she took a longer, roundabout way to reach the convent.

[...and after seeing the goods on offer, indulging in a right royally shagging, logically. ;) Cue the monster-with-pants-down scene from Young Frankenstein: "woof!" Yes, I know, gross, sexist, NSFW...]
ewmayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-30, 04:18   #1015
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

Jun 2011
Thailand

212548 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewmayer View Post
Logically, she took a longer, roundabout way to reach the convent
That's illogical when she knew she was in danger.

Retina's explanation makes more sense
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-30, 04:43   #1016
retina
Undefined

"The unspeakable one"
Jun 2006
My evil lair

5,821 Posts

Quote:
Retina's explanation makes more sense
So no explanation makes sense?
retina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-30, 09:40   #1017
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

Jun 2011
Thailand

22×7×317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retina View Post
So no explanation makes sense?
Ha! I guess something is wrong with me, or between me and Uncwilly, first he said something and I remembered that Xilman said it, then now he said something again and I assumed you said it... (reality is I read stuff, then do other things, then come back and reply to some posts, and in between, I have some memory errors, maybe I overclock too much? )
Sorry.
Old 2020-08-30, 09:54   #1018
retina
Undefined

"The unspeakable one"
Jun 2006
My evil lair

5,821 Posts

Quote:
... I have some memory errors, maybe I overclock too much?
You have no excuse for that when ECC RAM is a thing.

Or were you constructed before ECC was around?
retina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-30, 20:45   #1019
ewmayer
2ω=0

Sep 2002
República de California

2×59×83 Posts

Quote:
That's illogical when she knew she was in danger.
Not at all - as Sister Logical explained, if they continued together the stalker was guaranteed to catch them and presumably do unspeakable things to both of them. They were already on the most direct route to the convent, so whether the splitting-up took one on a longer path was immaterial - no matter what, the stalker would definitely catch whichever one he decided to continue following.

It's also perfectly logical if you understand the real reason for SL taking the longer path, which is that she felt in need of a shagging, but wanted a bit of privacy to do it in. Taking the roundabout path gave her that, along with a built-in excuse as to why she took so long to reach the convent. And before anyone asks "but how did she know the stalker would follow her and not Sister Mathematical", it's perfectly logical - as soon as SL and SM split up, SL slowed down just a bit to make herself "easy prey", as it were. She may have also given a seductive tilt to her wimple, sex-crazed guys are known to really go for that sort of thing.
Old 2020-08-31, 13:00   #1020
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

Jun 2011
Thailand

22·7·317 Posts

Haha, you went to such a long extent to explain all of that

This reminds me of another similar joke where a stalker (maybe it was the same one??) caught a nun and did the thing to her, to which she more or less did not (strongly) object. Then after all the excitement was finished, they were laying on the grass, and he asked her what she will tell to the abbot when she will return to the convent, if he will ask why she was late. She replied "well, I will say that a stalker caught me and did the thing to me twice". "How comes, you will do such a sin, I only did it to you once". "Why, are you in hurry?"

Last fiddled with by LaurV on 2020-08-31 at 13:00
Old 2020-08-31, 16:19   #1021
petrw1
1976 Toyota Corona years forever!

"Wayne"
Nov 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada

43·103 Posts

Quote:
Haha, you went to such a long extent to explain all of that

This reminds me of another similar joke where a stalker (maybe it was the same one??) caught a nun and did the thing to her, to which she more or less did not (strongly) object. Then after all the excitement was finished, they were laying on the grass, and he asked her what she will tell to the abbot when she will return to the convent, if he will ask why she was late. She replied "well, I will say that a stalker caught me and did the thing to me twice". "How comes, you will do such a sin, I only did it to you once". "Why, are you in hurry?"
petrw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-31, 20:23   #1022
ewmayer
2ω=0

Sep 2002
República de California

2·59·83 Posts

Re. "are you in a hurry?" -- Again invoking the scene in Young Frankenstein, erm I mean Young Fronkensteen, where Madeline Kahn's character is ravished by the monster:
Quote:
[after sex with The Monster]
Elizabeth: Oh. Where you going?... Oh, you men are all alike. Seven or eight quick ones and then you're out with the boys to boast and brag. YOU BETTER KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. Oh... I think I love him.
That scene is surely considered highly misogynistic by today's PC standards ... to us fans is just a hilarious, ribald send-up of the classic horror movie trope, where the monster carries off the beautiful girl. I mean, what else is he gonna do with her - have her cook and clean for him? [OK, maybe he would have her do that, as well.]

The end-of-film scenes of their later domestic life - after Dr. F has infused the monster with part of his own brain to counteract the abnormal brain's abnormal tendencies - are hilarious: the monster sitting up in bed, complacently reading the Wall Street Journal, while Elizabeth putters about doing domestic-fussbudget stuff:
Quote:
Elizabeth: [to The Monster] Honey, did you see I put another hamper in the bathroom? This one's for your shirts, the other's just for socks and poo-poo undies.
Ah, the late, great Madeline Kahn, who died too young, in 1999 at age 57. She played serial nymphomaniacal characters in Mel Brooks films - in addition to the above, also in Blazing Saddles and History of the World, Part 1[/url], but per IMDB, "According to Mel Brooks, she was--contrary to her screen image--quite shy and reserved in real life."

Last fiddled with by Dr Sardonicus on 2020-09-01 at 01:38 Reason: nixgif posty
Old 2020-09-05, 08:15   #1023
xilman
Bamboozled!

"𒉺𒌌𒇷𒆷𒀭"
May 2003
Down not across

236218 Posts

It appears that the Russian Covid vaccine has a 50% success rate.

It was tested on Putin's daughter and Navalny.
xilman is offline   Reply With Quote