Old 2010-06-07, 04:49   #34
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

792 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
I'd like to do another in mid-late July but before deciding, I'd like to guage some interest at some of the other forums. With the mid-summer heat in the northern hemisphere, some people shut part or all of their machines down.
FYI, I'll be away on vacation the week of July 4-10 (the same yearly family reunion I've had the last few years in early July). This year the relatives whose house I'll be visiting have upgraded their dial-up internet to DSL (finally! ) so I should be able to keep in touch with the forum and whatnot, as well as be able to administrate my computers remotely if need be; however, if possible it would be better to NOT have a rally that week.

Not that it will likely be too big a deal...you did mention mid-late July, and my vacation is in early July. But I figured I'd mention it just in case.

Quote:
Max,

Please go ahead and load an n=2K range into port 9000. Doing it tonight would be best. We'll hold off a while yet on port 3000. I'll be pulling my machines off over the next few hours so it will be quite a while before we finish out that range.

In doing the above, we'll have a day or 2 to decide if we want to load
another n=3K range into port 9000 to make it the usual n=5K range; based on the ongoing load on the server.

Gary
Okay, all loaded up with 825K-827K. And BTW, I also sent an email to Dave to extend the rally in the DB per your previous request.
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 08:56   #35
AMDave

Jan 2006
deep in a while-loop

2·7·47 Posts

modifications in progress

PS - I'll be AFK for a week end of June - start of July also.
Co-incidentally for a small family re-union also.
I will not have net access
Unless I can convert a graphite fishing rod into a 3G wireless pick-up ha ha
Hey!
Maybe that could sell?
But would it catch more fish???

Last fiddled with by AMDave on 2010-06-07 at 09:10
AMDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 09:13   #36
AMDave

Jan 2006
deep in a while-loop

12228 Posts

Changes completed, tables refreshed ...

Read-em and weep ;)

Much respect, Lennart.

That was a heck of a charge.

@Gary - nice going with the final estimate - only out by 1 - Lennart had a pair return on the original final time-stamp at 19:00hrs GMT
Code:
+----------+------------+----------+-----+------+--------+------+-----+-------+------------------+---------+--------+------+------------------+-------------+
| username | date       | time     | k   | base | n      | sign | one | prime | residual         | seconds | server | port | pair_score       | prime_score |
+----------+------------+----------+-----+------+--------+------+-----+-------+------------------+---------+--------+------+------------------+-------------+
| sm5ymt   | 2010-06-06 | 19:00:00 | 445 |    2 | 823917 | -    |   1 |     0 | 441374CF287D8710 |       0 | GB     | 9000 | 4.24274514305625 |        NULL | 
PS - 'grats to Team-GooBee.org
Nice to have the competition :)

Last fiddled with by AMDave on 2010-06-07 at 09:34 Reason: dotorgedthegoobee ;)
Old 2010-06-07, 12:32   #37
Vato

Jan 2009

1416 Posts

I missed this, but I'll join Sloth on the next rally via prpnet to help the Team-Goobee.org cause.
Vato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 15:16   #38
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

792 Posts

Thanks Dave for getting that all set up! And Vato, looking forward to seeing you next time!
Old 2010-06-07, 18:43   #39
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

3×7×487 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vato View Post
I missed this, but I'll join Sloth on the next rally via prpnet to help the Team-Goobee.org cause.

Welcome Vato. Nice to see you here. Right now, I'm thinking we will do one around the end of July. Feel free to connect a few machines outside of the rally to move up in our database standings here a little bit beforehand.

To all,

I will be out of town from June 15th to 22nd on a standard business trip. So I'll have internet access. It will just be slower and I'll be on less.

I'm also planning a canoe trip with the kids for early or mid July. Like Dave, unless they can build a waterproof laptop, I will be without internet access for 4-5 days.

Fortunately everyone's vacations coordinate pretty well so the end of July will work pretty well for another rally.

Gary
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 20:23   #40
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

624110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
To all,

I will be out of town from June 15th to 22nd on a standard business trip. So I'll have internet access. It will just be slower and I'll be on less.

I'm also planning a canoe trip with the kids for early or mid July. Like Dave, unless they can build a waterproof laptop, I will be without internet access for 4-5 days.

Fortunately everyone's vacations coordinate pretty well so the end of July will work pretty well for another rally.

Gary
Thanks for the heads-up. I actually did have in mind the weekend of July 9-11 for the next rally (notwithstanding it colliding with the tail end of my vacation--even if I can't get online my resources are small enough to not be missed much) in keeping with the space of about 1 month we had between our last two rallies--but since you'll be away around that time I see now why you were thinking of late July instead.
Old 2010-06-08, 08:26   #41
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

3·7·487 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdettweiler View Post
Thanks for the heads-up. I actually did have in mind the weekend of July 9-11 for the next rally (notwithstanding it colliding with the tail end of my vacation--even if I can't get online my resources are small enough to not be missed much) in keeping with the space of about 1 month we had between our last two rallies--but since you'll be away around that time I see now why you were thinking of late July instead.
The canoe trip will likely be moved up to the July 5th to 9th timeframe. I will know within a couple of days.

Regardless, July 9th-11th is too early after that. 16th-18th or 23rd-25th would be better.
Old 2010-06-08, 13:05   #42
AMDave

Jan 2006
deep in a while-loop

2×7×47 Posts

Lets get serious about knocking off some of these ranges.

I nominate a Whole Wicked Week of Waskally Wiesels

23rd - 29th July incl.

A week makes it more worthwhile clearing the decks / caches for :)

PS - Your insurance company lets you take canoe trips??? What were they thinking!? I'm sure we didn't get included on that risk matrix evaluation. LOL

Last fiddled with by AMDave on 2010-06-08 at 13:07
Old 2010-06-08, 16:57   #43
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

792 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDave View Post
Lets get serious about knocking off some of these ranges.

I nominate a Whole Wicked Week of Waskally Wiesels

23rd - 29th July incl.

A week makes it more worthwhile clearing the decks / caches for :)
Interesting idea. I've seen that PrimeGrid does weeklong rallies every so often (sprinkled in throughout other rallies of various sizes), and they seem to be a hit--perhaps it's worth a try here? Gary?
Old 2010-06-08, 20:03   #44
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

3×7×487 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdettweiler View Post
Interesting idea. I've seen that PrimeGrid does weeklong rallies every so often (sprinkled in throughout other rallies of various sizes), and they seem to be a hit--perhaps it's worth a try here? Gary?
Definitely, let's do it! Any input from any of our other regulars?!