mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > No Prime Left Behind

Old 2008-03-19, 02:57   #1
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

3·7·487 Posts
Default Thoughts about upcoming LLRnet rallies

Please post thoughts here about upcoming LLRnet rallies.

Anon and I agreed that it makes sense to wait a month from our last rally to have another...perhaps 1st or 2nd weekend in April. We need to give Karsten a chance to get all of his web pages updated, namely the Rieselprime ones. NPLB has occupied almost all of his time the last 2 months. Of course Anon spends a lot of time with administering the rallies by answering technical questions, verifying some results, etc. also.

We're open to any suggestions on ranges, servers, etc. to run the rallies on. I'll throw one out that may not be otherwise considered: If people don't mind temporarily helping out my/our sister project, I think it'd be nice to have one for "Conjectures 'R Us" (CRUS). But I don't want to do that at the expense of losing momentum here.

Gary
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-19, 02:59   #2
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

792 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
We're open to any suggestions on ranges, servers, etc. to run the rallies on. I'll throw one out that may not be otherwise considered: If people don't mind temporarily helping out my/our sister project, I think it'd be nice to have one for "Conjectures 'R Us" (CRUS). But I don't want to do that at the expense of losing momentum here.
We'll have to get a new CRUS LLRnet server first. Gary, when you get back, how about you try some more to get your LLRnet server test setup? If you can get it set up, we can maybe put some CRUS work on it.
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-19, 03:05   #3
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

237638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
We'll have to get a new CRUS LLRnet server first. Gary, when you get back, how about you try some more to get your LLRnet server test setup? If you can get it set up, we can maybe put some CRUS work on it.
Yep, agreed. After getting all of my web pages updated plus answering all Emails and posts in the threads, that's my next line of business.

I'm off work until Monday so will have some time for all of this.
Old 2008-03-21, 09:23   #4
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

3·7·487 Posts
Default CRUS LLRnet server discussion moved

I moved the discussion about CRUS LLRnet servers to this thread in that project forum since it was specifically related to servers about that project.

Last fiddled with by gd_barnes on 2008-04-07 at 20:40 Reason: Added link to CRUS thread
Old 2008-04-07, 08:15   #5
henryzz
Just call me Henry

"David"
Sep 2007
Cambridge (GMT/BST)

22×1,433 Posts

when is the next rally planned for
henryzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 19:18   #6
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

100111111100112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryzz View Post
when is the next rally planned for
I passingly mentioned the weekend of April 25th in one of the base 5 project threads but didn't make it definite.

What does everyone say? Shall we do an LLRnet rally the weekend of April 25th on the 3rd drive?

Somebody has to come in ahead of me this time! (Carlos? David? Adam?) lol

Gary
Old 2008-04-07, 19:22   #7
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

624110 Posts

Quote:
I passingly mentioned the weekend of April 25th in one of the base 5 project threads but didn't make it definite.

What does everyone say? Shall we do an LLRnet rally the weekend of April 25th on the 3rd drive?

Gary
Yeah, the weekend of the 25th sounds good, I should be able to make it.
Old 2008-04-07, 19:57   #8
Mini-Geek
Account Deleted

"Tim Sorbera"
Aug 2006
San Antonio, TX USA

10AB16 Posts

Quote:

Gary
I'll be on vacation that weekend, but it won't really be a problem. I'll just set my computer on LLRnet before I go and turn it off when I get back. Me doing a weekend-rally instead of 24-hour won't hurt anything.
Mini-Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 20:21   #9
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

3·7·487 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Geek View Post
I'll be on vacation that weekend, but it won't really be a problem. I'll just set my computer on LLRnet before I go and turn it off when I get back. Me doing a weekend-rally instead of 24-hour won't hurt anything.
Due to my own unforseen circumstances, I'd like to delay the rally 1 week until the weekend of May 3rd-4th.

Does that work for everyone?

Gary

Last fiddled with by gd_barnes on 2008-04-11 at 20:22
Old 2008-04-11, 20:50   #10
Flatlander
I quite division it

"Chris"
Feb 2005
England

31·67 Posts

Anywhen except 10th May - 1st June is fine for me.
Flatlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 20:51   #11
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

792 Posts

Quote:
Due to my own unforseen circumstances, I'd like to delay the rally 1 week until the weekend of May 3rd-4th.

Does that work for everyone?

Gary
May 3rd-4th would work fine for me, though I think we might actually be able to do the rally as originally planned anyway. I'm going to send you a PM about that shortly...