mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Factoring Projects > Lone Mersenne Hunters > LMH > 100M

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-03-12, 14:18   #1
HiddenWarrior
 
HiddenWarrior's Avatar
 
Jun 2003
Russia, Novosibirsk

2·107 Posts
Wink MasterPrime 2006 Project

It seems like now we got:

Ranges that is still in progress:
185M-195M by Michael was extended to 50+ bits
200M-205M by edorahj to 50 bits
220M-230M by adpowers to 50 bits
240M-250M by ThomRuley to 50 bits
250M-500M by Xyzzy to 32 bits (till 403M it is done and in datafile)

Other ranges were finished and not extended. The data file has only dividers inside but no bit-levels that is already done. Statistics file http://www.yxine.km.ru/vsc.asp?page=...mersennestatus has results for factors by ranges. We must think now about the way to remember the bit-levels done and current ranges out/available. I have some thoughts about that and will soon realize them on my site, but I'd like to hear first other participators thoughts.

Last fiddled with by HiddenWarrior on 2004-03-12 at 14:20
HiddenWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 16:33   #2
ET_
Banned
 
ET_'s Avatar
 
"Luigi"
Aug 2002
Team Italia

2×29×83 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenWarrior
The data file has only dividers inside but no bit-levels that is already done. Statistics file http://www.yxine.km.ru/vsc.asp?page=...mersennestatus has results for factors by ranges. We must think now about the way to remember the bit-levels done and current ranges out/available. I have some thoughts about that and will soon realize them on my site, but I'd like to hear first other participators thoughts.
I asked Will Edgington about bit-levels. He kept trace ov every bit depth, but his database is huge (more than 5 GB) and can't be put online...

Also, I worked on range 195M-200M with my own applet, and found more exponents (about 142,000) during an extensive search through 1-50 bits. The results are divided into 5 1M zipped files, and have already converted into "mers" style.
Just ask me if you need them!

As for bit levels and ranges, I think the best would be a PHP/MySQL or Perl/CGI online reserving system that could eventually and automagically unreserve expiring, non returned, "non Primenet" ranges of exponents after (say) 20-30 days.

HTH

Luigi
ET_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 18:48   #3
ThomRuley
 
ThomRuley's Avatar
 
May 2003

F816 Posts
Default

What kind of computers are you using for these ranges? I've been using a 900Mhz Athlon for my range for over 2 weeks and I am almost 1% done with taking my range to 32 bits. Is there something faster than AdvancedFactor? On the plus side, my computer has eliminated a lot of exponents and will save future searchers a lot of time LL testing.
ThomRuley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 19:22   #4
MrHappy
 
MrHappy's Avatar
 
Dec 2003
Paisley Park & Neverland

5·37 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomRuley
What kind of computers are you using for these ranges? I've been using a 900Mhz Athlon for my range for over 2 weeks and I am almost 1% done with taking my range to 32 bits. Is there something faster than AdvancedFactor? On the plus side, my computer has eliminated a lot of exponents and will save future searchers a lot of time LL testing.
Are you using "WellBehavedWork=1" ?
MrHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 19:58   #5
ET_
Banned
 
ET_'s Avatar
 
"Luigi"
Aug 2002
Team Italia

2×29×83 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomRuley
What kind of computers are you using for these ranges?
Do you mean me?

I usually divide 50% CPU time for a couple of projects with either a Athlon XP 2100+ and a Celeron 2 GHz

Luigi
ET_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 03:16   #6
ThomRuley
 
ThomRuley's Avatar
 
May 2003

3708 Posts
Default

WellBehavedWork=1?

Am I supposed to?
ThomRuley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 04:30   #7
Xyzzy
 
Xyzzy's Avatar
 
"Mike"
Aug 2002

32·907 Posts
Default

I'm not working on that range anymore... All of my results should be in that results file...

I really appreciate your taking control of this project... Let me know if you need anything!

Xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 04:14   #8
HiddenWarrior
 
HiddenWarrior's Avatar
 
Jun 2003
Russia, Novosibirsk

2×107 Posts
Default

Uh!!! Hard day!!! But a lot of work done (analyzing and database filling). So here are the results!

Ranges and bits done for 1 April 2004

Code:
Range    Bits Done
--------------------------------------------------------------
79.3-80  Partly from 53 to 60 (my zip datafile comes soon)
80-145   50   
145-150  52
150-195  50
195-200  ??? (Some more than 32 bit)
200-205  32
205-220  ??? (Some more than 32 bit)
220-230  32
230-240  50
240-404.3+ 32
--------------------------------------------------------------

Last fiddled with by HiddenWarrior on 2004-04-01 at 12:08
HiddenWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 13:39   #9
ET_
Banned
 
ET_'s Avatar
 
"Luigi"
Aug 2002
Team Italia

2×29×83 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenWarrior
Uh!!! Hard day!!! But a lot of work done (analyzing and database filling). So here are the results!

Ranges and bits done for 1 April 2004

Code:
Range    Bits Done
--------------------------------------------------------------
79.3-80  Partly from 53 to 60 (my zip datafile comes soon)
80-145   50   
145-150  52
150-195  50
195-200  ??? (Some more than 32 bit)
200-205  32
205-220  ??? (Some more than 32 bit)
220-230  32
230-240  50
240-404.3+ 32
--------------------------------------------------------------

WONDERFUL!

You can add 195-200 50 (I did it).

And if you need it, I have a double copy of results.txt: the one got from Prime95 and the one got from Factor3_1. The second has many more factors.

Luigi
ET_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 01:15   #10
Uncwilly
6809 > 6502
 
Uncwilly's Avatar
 
"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101×103 Posts

2×4,783 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET_
And if you need it, I have a double copy of results.txt: the one got from Prime95 and the one got from Factor3_1. The second has many more factors.
Would it make sense based on the extra factors found for LMH'ers to use Factor3_1 instead of P95? Or is P95 still better based upon speed?
Uncwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 06:32   #11
ET_
Banned
 
ET_'s Avatar
 
"Luigi"
Aug 2002
Team Italia

481410 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncwilly
Would it make sense based on the extra factors found for LMH'ers to use Factor3_1 instead of P95? Or is P95 still better based upon speed?
Prime95 is well tested, while Factor3_1 was born last month
Prime95 is much *faster*, Factor3_1 is slower (though there are improvements in the near future)
Prime95 founds ALL factors while run at exponents < 79,300,000.
Prime95 has a final check control routine at the end of its factorization work, Factor3_1 still hasn't

The final decision on what software to use is up to you

Luigi

Last fiddled with by ET_ on 2004-04-02 at 06:33
ET_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
k*2^n-1 primes in 2006 Kosmaj Riesel Prime Search 2 2007-01-02 04:31
Supercomputing 2006 ixfd64 Lounge 1 2006-11-30 23:34
2006 R. Gerbicz Puzzles 45 2006-09-19 19:32
2006 Millennium Tech. Prize. mfgoode Science & Technology 0 2006-06-17 16:44
March Madness 2006 Prime95 Lounge 20 2006-03-21 04:35

All times are UTC. The time now is 17:14.

Tue May 11 17:14:24 UTC 2021 up 33 days, 11:55, 1 user, load averages: 4.99, 4.68, 4.02

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.