mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Extra Stuff > Blogorrhea > storflyt32

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-12-30, 08:40   #34
retina
Undefined
 
retina's Avatar
 
"The unspeakable one"
Jun 2006
My evil lair

6,277 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retina View Post
Okay, let's start with MMMMM2 and then move on to RSA4096. Just one factor from each will be enough. Although I am not sure about the ordering in terms of hardness so doing them in the opposite order will be fine also.
So, are we there yet? It's been two minutes.
retina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 08:51   #35
Batalov
 
Batalov's Avatar
 
"Serge"
Mar 2008
Phi(4,2^7658614+1)/2

255816 Posts
Default

Ah yes, but what part of "when it costs you nothing" was unclear? ;-)

I am in a generous mood, and I step up from "nothing" to 2 cents. Here they are -
Batalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 09:05   #36
retina
Undefined
 
retina's Avatar
 
"The unspeakable one"
Jun 2006
My evil lair

6,277 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batalov View Post
Ah yes, but what part of "when it costs you nothing" was unclear? ;-)

I am in a generous mood, and I step up from "nothing" to 2 cents. Here they are -
Okay, so you are saying it will cost me 2 cents. Then it is a deal. Factors first, then I'll pay.
retina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 10:04   #37
Batalov
 
Batalov's Avatar
 
"Serge"
Mar 2008
Phi(4,2^7658614+1)/2

956010 Posts
Default

No, you will get something for nothing if it costs me nothing. It could be much more valuable to you, though. That's what the H.C.Anderson's field mouse told me when I was a little child and I pondered for a while and decided, "you are right, little furry dude, this makes sense".

But because I am still in a generous mood, of course I will help you factor those little trifles!

MMMMM2 (rather properly written MMMMMII, because as you know you are mixing Roman and arabic digits, but that's an easy mistake to make) = 2 · 41 · 61.
RSA4096 is even easier and is equal to 2 · 2 · 2 · 2 · 2 · 2 · 2 · 2 · 2 · 2 · 2 · 2 South African rands.
Batalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 10:14   #38
retina
Undefined
 
retina's Avatar
 
"The unspeakable one"
Jun 2006
My evil lair

6,277 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batalov View Post
But because I am still in a generous mood, of course I will help you factor those little trifles!

MMMMM2 (rather properly written MMMMMII, because as you know you are mixing Roman and arabic digits, but that's an easy mistake to make) = 2 · 41 · 61.
RSA4096 is even easier and is equal to 2 · 2 · 2 · 2 · 2 · 2 · 2 · 2 · 2 · 2 · 2 · 2 South African rands.
Well that is absolutely precisely exactly1 what I wanted. So as promised here is my payment.



1Not!
retina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 12:43   #39
storflyt32
 
Feb 2013

2×229 Posts
Default

C75 = 480803331333445101741328545933891153031908054791180635359833574231002718203

Same problem here as well.

Edit: Found a PRP614 just two minutes ago. Will be reporting it shortly.

BTW: What is the "official" RSA-4096 number?

Thanks for any answer!

Last fiddled with by storflyt32 on 2014-12-30 at 13:05
storflyt32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 19:10   #40
xilman
Bamboozled!
 
xilman's Avatar
 
"𒉺𒌌𒇷𒆷𒀭"
May 2003
Down not across

10,939 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by storflyt32 View Post
C75 = 480803331333445101741328545933891153031908054791180635359833574231002718203
Thanks for any answer!
Just because we can doesn't mean we will.
xilman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 19:21   #41
Batalov
 
Batalov's Avatar
 
"Serge"
Mar 2008
Phi(4,2^7658614+1)/2

23×5×239 Posts
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by storflyt32 View Post
C75 = 480803331333445101741328545933891153031908054791180635359833574231002718203

Same problem here as well.

Edit: Found a PRP614 just two minutes ago. Will be reporting it shortly.

BTW: What is the "official" RSA-4096 number?

Thanks for any answer!
Like Paul said, only the first request is usually free, or else there will be no end to it. You need fifteen merits for a solution of this problem.

Like someone else said, Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for today.Teach a man to fish, and he will sit in the boat and drink beer all day.
Batalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 21:13   #42
xilman
Bamboozled!
 
xilman's Avatar
 
"𒉺𒌌𒇷𒆷𒀭"
May 2003
Down not across

252738 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batalov View Post
Like Paul said, only the first request is usually free, or else there will be no end to it. You need fifteen merits for a solution of this problem.

Like someone else said, Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for today.Teach a man to fish, and he will sit in the boat and drink beer all day.
I prefer: light a man a fire and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire and you warm him for the rest of his life.
xilman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-13, 02:29   #43
storflyt32
 
Feb 2013

2·229 Posts
Default

C80 = 47696710294705499280359610260517275637267727477058055991019082347840906420354827

This C80 is a stubborn one and right now I do not have the factors for it.

You are welcome to give it a try.

Thanks!

Last fiddled with by storflyt32 on 2015-01-13 at 02:30
storflyt32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-13, 02:36   #44
Jayder
 
Jayder's Avatar
 
Dec 2012

2×139 Posts
Default

How are you trying to factor these numbers? Pocket calculator?
Jayder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pseudo-Prime Bases a1call Miscellaneous Math 3 2018-01-02 06:03
(Pseudo)-Mathematics in Economics clowns789 Miscellaneous Math 3 2016-06-07 04:01
4D-Volume of a 4D-Sphere davar55 Puzzles 16 2007-07-05 22:16
pseudo reservation of a k ... tnerual Sierpinski/Riesel Base 5 14 2006-11-04 08:00
Volume of a Sphere Patrick123 Puzzles 19 2006-02-20 15:00

All times are UTC. The time now is 21:28.


Fri Oct 15 21:28:54 UTC 2021 up 84 days, 15:57, 0 users, load averages: 2.21, 1.94, 1.95

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.